Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Dark Claw + What Big Teeth Counters?

I've been encountering alot of Dark Claw + What Big Teeth alot lately and has had alot of trouble against this combo. Seems like the second What Big Teeth comes out the game's over. Obviously allies don't work well because of Dark Claws' ability and the fact that he'll simply grind all my allies to death. Is there any effective way of countering this combo right now?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    so much solutions that you can't count, like how to counter the near dead rat. It's only hard if you play mage deck when Darkclaw is anti-mage deck. Oh and Infernal Gargoyle take 0 damage from darkclaw, Reinforce Armor also.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I usually win with the standard Eladwen deck many people use at the moment, but it is a slow grind and all those games have gone to the knuckle.. I think I just got lucky in avoiding too many of the deck's Rabid Bites. getting several Aeons out helped to slow Dark Claws attack on my hero. My opponents usually also play Lone Wolf and Speed Strike, which I have no counter for in currently available cards. I felt adding 4 fireballs to my deck (in addition to my 4 lighting strikes) might help. I think Regeneration makes it pointless using Poison Gas or Engulfing Flames against Dark Claw.

That's not much help is it new cards soon though...

Currently I am playing with Elemental, I don't think my sparks will make it *shakes head sadly*
    Last edited by tk5; 02-28-2011 at 03:24 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Darkclaw is the reason I have a 40 card deck (Eladwin) and not just a 30 card deck. I also have four Fireballs and four Lightning Strikes. Poison Gas and Engulfing Flames can be used as resources, except in the end when you have more than enough of them already and nothing else to play. I have the feeling tk5 has the same type of strategy as I have.

What Big Teeth doesn't really do that much damage. Just make sure you do more damage faster.

Fireballs and Lightning Strikes are always nice to have. Against some non-Darkclaw decks I keep the Fireballs and use the Lightning Strikes as resources, while against other decks I tend to do it the other way around.

I really like playing against Darkclaw for some reason. The most interesting game was when we both ran out of cards and I lost while my opponent had only one life left. Great game, even though I would have prefered it the other way around.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for the advice guys, I'll try stacking fireballs/ lighting to see if it makes life easier for me. I play human mage btw so I can't use cards like plasma behemoth and infernal gargoyle.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yes I do, and as you say, I also had to increase my deck size.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by holeo View Post
    I play human mage btw
    Obviously you'll have a hard time against Darkclaw decks if you're playing the deck that the Darkclaw decks are more or less designed to counter.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    Obviously you'll have a hard time against Darkclaw decks if you're playing the deck that the Darkclaw decks are more or less designed to counter.
    True, stacking burn cards seems to help a bit but most of the time I still get dragged to death.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    if your playing mage deck, Aeon + Reinforced armor can be a pain for hero-only wulven, only thing that can kill that combo or you then is rabid bite, or milled damage to your hero (leave 1 card in your deck to counter this and have 7 cards in your hand and don't play or sac any of them)