Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Please polish the MP experience!

This game is a great idea, and I've already spent 7 or 8$ on it. But, if you guys want to really want to make a great, lasting game, (and one we'll all shell out for over time) you really need to improve the polish on the multiplayer experience.

After all, not many people are going to buy booster packs to play AI. Which brings me to these points:

1) The main menu is not discoverable at all
    2) The default interface is geared towards playing AI on some campaign map.
    3) The multiplayer game is too slow - there are often 3-4 second waiting times between when a player plays a card and it flips up. It should be way snappier.
    4) I shouldn't have to confirm allies the other person plays - especially as you are more comfortable with the game, this becomes very tedious.
    5) If you're messing with the camera, sometimes it doesn't show you the ally they just played.
    6) Sometimes you can't click to bring up an opponent's card.
    7) There should be a way to chat with other players.
    8) There should be a visible game or round clock, (see Carcassone.)
    9) When I buy a pack, give me a button to press or setting to instantly reveal all the cards. Remember the power gamers.
    10) When a player minimizes or has lost net connectivity - you should notify the other player (see Carcassone.)
    11) Pixelated graphics on iPad!
    12) The elemental ability to damage 2 targets for 3 each (sometimes?) won't enable if there are no enemy allies.
    13) I should be able to easily see my multiplayer rating, stats (w/l/disconnects).
    14) When I buy a pack, give a visual indicator of which cards are the common, uncommon, rare or epic. I want to know why I put down real money and what I got for it.
    15) Let me see stats for other players, not just a list of the games going on.
    16) Don't let people leave the game after they draw their first hand with no penalty.

Keep up the good work, hoping for rapid improvements!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The following are replies per points made, respectively.
    1) Kyle was/is looking into ways so that new players are more aware of the main menu.
    2) Not sure what to say here so I'll say campaigns were planned, haven't been implemented, but are in the works.
    3) Option to disable animation is coming soon, maybe not in the upcoming update(coming in about a week) and if so, it should be the next one.
    4) If enough people request it and it gathers steam, we might see an expert option or something that does away with such confirmations.
    5) Where you referring to when you change the camera right when the opponent players something and the card goes back to their hand, is then only played after you tap/click and no longer requires tap/click confirmation?
    6) The Hunter class has 2 Trap cards that are played faced down, I believe the bug where they remain faced down even in the graveyard still exists as well. Were these the cards you were referring to?
    7) Chat should be coming soon, dunno when.
    8) Been requested by others as well, maybe we'll see it implemented soon.
    9) If you just click the Done button, at the bottom of those card pack unwrapping screens, you can skip that process.
    10) Implemented in upcoming patch.
    11) Upcomfing patch has graphics increased on iPad so it'll be better.
    12) Yeah, that bug has been reported previously. Still a mystery, to us players anyways, why and when it happens.
    13) Been requested, hopefully it's implemented soon.
    15) Card rarity is denoted by the colour coding of at the bottom of the card; for example, Eladwen Frostmire has Shadow Era 6/200, which means she's an Uncommon. Colour-codings mentioned here: http://www.shadowera.com/cards.php
    16) This has been in discussion alot lately.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for responding.

I think it's paramount that the experience is streamlined for people who have played a bit -- it's just too tedious and slow (see #4 - #3, etc.) It's important as a designer/developer to realize these are things people don't usually outwardly complain / talk about, but it does subtly affect retention (ex., see data about Google page load times from Marissa Mayer.)

As for 6 - I mean, sometimes in the interface you can click a card to bring it up so that you can read it - but a lot of times this doesn't seem to work at all.

Another quick question: Where is the best place to report bugs? I was just playing in web, mind controlled someone's protector (Aeon) after a rain delay, and then could never attack again.
    Last edited by wsorenson; 02-28-2011 at 05:42 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Regarding point #6, could you clarify on what you mean by the card not being readable? Like is it a graphical issue and it's blurry or something? Or maybe you're referring to cards that get attached to another card?

The bug with Mind Control and Aeon will be fixed in the upcoming patch. Bug reports should probably go into the Beta Feedback forum. I know it's a hassle but for those that are posting bug reports, it would be greatly appreciated if they did a search before posting as there have been alot of duplicates. Not that people don't appreciate bug posts getting reported, it's just nice if people created less clutter and posted in existing bug posts.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    6) In the normal top-down view, the text on your opponent's cards is just plain not always readable - if you want to view the card heads up - you click on it - sometimes this brings the card up, sometimes it does not.

Sure - and that's not unreasonable to ask for - when there's an obvious place to look; for example - searching the entire forums is probably not desirable. ie., There should be a "bugs" category.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sometimes the card doesn't zoom in when you click/tap on it eh? Hmm, odd. Is this with the web version or an iOS device? If iOS device, which one(including generation) and which iOS version? Just to see if there's a trend to identifying the cause. Also, you may want to try restarting your iOS device to see if that helps.

Yeah, I made the suggestion for a Bugs forum awhile back; thread's lost in obscurity now.