Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Underwhelming Effectiveness: Majiya

Currently, at a cost of 4 SE, Majiya's ability is extremely underwhelming. Please consider dropping it to 3 SE for competitiveness' sake.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Avrizinth View Post
    Currently, at a cost of 4 SE, Majiya's ability is extremely underwhelming. Please consider dropping it to 3 SE for competitiveness' sake.
    Or make it so that it's a guaranteed draw of 1 card, if it remains at 4se. Otherwise, 3se makes makes more sense.
    Team Juggernaut FTW!!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Either of these changes would be good, though I believe dropping it to 3SE and leaving it as written makes the most sense.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Three possible changes:
    1-Drop cost at 3 SE (imho the best one)
    2-Increase damage to 4,with the cost ability of 4 SE (to turn her in the shadow Eladwen,with a different flavour)
    3-Let her draw anyway,ally killed or not.With 4 SE cost,obviously.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Upping it to four damage would be too much, considering the vast power gap between dealing three or four damage. Hopefully we can see a change before launch; either a mandatory draw or a 3SE on the cost, either way it would work put perfectly.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    In my thought, I prefer this Majiya: 3SE: Draw a card, get 1SE.
    Since in 1.28, some cards can cause SE lost and card min limit to 40 so this Majiya is no longer stronger than before.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If we were talking about the efficiency of her card draw, it's actually been mitigated in several ways.

First, implementation of 40 card minimum decks. That alone was a 33% reduction in the effectiveness of her drawing abilities. Then comes the cost increase which, right now, would be at least a 100% reduction in the effectiveness of her draw (more considering circumstances). Decreasing the cost to 3 would still function as an additional 50% reduction in the effectiveness of her draw, and would allow the limitation of creature destruction for draw to be placed on it, etc. Considering all the other circumstantial effects had a reduced cost, it makes sense to put hers in a similar vein.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Upping it to four damage would be too much, considering the vast power gap between dealing three or four damage. Hopefully we can see a change before launch; either a mandatory draw or a 3SE on the cost, either way it would work put perfectly.
    If we were talking about the efficiency of her card draw, it's actually been mitigated in several ways.

First, implementation of 40 card minimum decks. That alone was a 33% reduction in the effectiveness of her drawing abilities. Then comes the cost increase which, right now, would be at least a 100% reduction in the effectiveness of her draw (more considering circumstances). Decreasing the cost to 3 would still function as an additional 50% reduction in the effectiveness of her draw, and would allow the limitation of creature destruction for draw to be placed on it, etc. Considering all the other circumstantial effects had a reduced cost, it makes sense to put hers in a similar vein.
    I'm with you considering the last changes to the game.Majiya as a pure draw engine (with the right tuning) would be not so OP as before,though i still prefer the 3SE way of her actual ability (damage and conditional draw).It emphasizes the ability of the player of building a deck around the ability of his hero and could be more powerful than a simple draw ability.

By the way I don't think 4SE for 4 damages+conditional draw would be too much powerful.4 damagesx 4 SE are actually the Eladwen ability.Eladwen can damage hero too,Majiya would draw instead of hero-oriented damage.Anyway i prefer,as i said above, the 3 SE solution.

Majiya for now remains too slow,with an ability that often can't be used unless you add another card. He has many problems with deck allyless too.I can't use my ability and can't go for card advantage.
    Please don't forget my poor Majiya

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nah, just let Majiya be Elementalis tier for a while.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    HEY!!!

that hurt
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text