Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Please helP me spend crystals and gold

Hi guys

Been trolling around reading lots of different threads but still remain confused about my direction in shadow era land. I'm a total noob and would appreciate some advice.

I started with the Nishaven deck and after playing for a little while I have got my 100 crystals and 880 gold to spend.

I was wanting to know how I should best spend it (I know it isn't much). Everyone seems to say buy a started deck rather than a booster pack and it seems eladwen is a fav. So should I spend my crystals on a human Mage started given I already have the Nishaven starter? Would it just double the same cards I already have? Or should I buy a different starter pack and buy eladwen using gold?

Also, it seems that there are still many unknowns about the future of the game in terms of nerfing, weapons, new cards, etc so should I simply just keep grinding away at the AI to get gold and save it up for when the game is more developed? Cos it would be pretty annoying spending hard earned gold/crystals when the game suddenly introduces new stuff to make your current cards crappy.

Also, does the amount of gold/xp you received from the AI ever increase because I'm at level 5 and it still only gives 100xp and 20 gold? Do you get more gold/xp from multiplayer cos I haven't won one yet lol

Thanks in advance and please don't flame me if these have been covered before. I read the FAQ and did some searching via threads but couldn't really find answers.

Thanks again.
    Last edited by Obsolete; 02-28-2011 at 09:21 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    id buy another mage starter deck and sell all your spare cards to the merchant and then buy some of the spendier mage stuff. portal is a must and if you play shadow mage id go for a set of bloodlust.

you get 40 gold and 200 xp for winning a multiplayer match. 50xp for a loss.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by imanujakku View Post
    id buy another mage starter deck and sell all your spare cards to the merchant and then buy some of the spendier mage stuff. portal is a must and if you play shadow mage id go for a set of bloodlust.

you get 40 gold and 200 xp for winning a multiplayer match. 50xp for a loss.
    hey thanks for the advice. although i recently lost a multiplayer match and only gained 25xp??

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I would advise a starter deck as well: Mage Human.
    You get all the direct damage you need and you don't end with cards you can't use.
    It will build for a stronger deck in the beginning.

Nishaven is really hard to play though, so don't hesitate to change.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Obsolete View Post
    hey thanks for the advice. although i recently lost a multiplayer match and only gained 25xp??
    It's actually the same gold / xp as AI, but once your opponent is rated above a cetain level (100 I think?) then you get double that, so 200gold/100xp (50 for loss) like he said.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by arebelspy View Post
    It's actually the same gold / xp as AI, but once your opponent is rated above a cetain level (100 I think?) then you get double that, so 200gold/100xp (50 for loss) like he said.
    I think you meant 40gold/200xp like he said

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    lol, right thanks. Surfing forums while playing SE = brain blip. :P