Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Can some of you top players help me construct a competetive PvP Gravebone deck?

I really like Gravebone as he can bring cards back from the dead but I am not that great at deck building as I am new and learning the game.

Can someone help me construct a deck for PvP which would be able to compete at high level?

I am thinking about using Plasma Behemoths as these are expensive and strong and with the ability to bring them back could be a real pain for opponents. Does my opponent kills the Behemoth knowing he can just come back? or leave him on the field knowing he can hit hard.

Also I have the idea of Deathbones, seeing they inflict damage on attackers, with the ability to bring them back could also be really effective.

Another card I had in mind was Belladonna.

With Gravebones ability most players are going to want to focus firepower him which means I will need more things to protect him.

Any ideas guys? How many of each card should I have in the deck? Can you post example good Grave decks.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by TotallyImba; 02-28-2011 at 08:29 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    right now im 319 with this deck. i have lost 3 times total in 20ish games with this deck. twice to eladwen and back to back sandras and once to gravebone when my opponent top decked a bloodlust to do 14 in one turn.

Hero : Gravebone

Beats :

2x Chimera
    3x Belladonna
    3-4x Keldor
    2-3x Infernal Gargoyle

Spells

4x Fireball
    4x Lightning Strike
    4x Portal
    3x Research
    4x Bloodlust

turn 4 is the critical turn. if you went first you dont want to miss portal. if you played research on turn 2 i strongly recommend digging for portal with research. the second best play is fireball to their hero.

if you went second and are against eladwen/nishaven/gravebone you have to get a little lucky and hope they miss portal and/or sandra on turn 4. if im against nishaven or eladwen i hang on to my lightning strike. killing two blakes/puwens/sandras is one of the only ways to get back into the game if they start fast and even then you will swimming up stream.

play a resource every turn if possible. everything is expendable unless you are holding a lone copy of portal and dont have it out yet. if you have to choose between bloodlust or direct damage use bloodlust as a resource first since its the most situational.

once portal is out and you have belladonna in hand you will roll over most non mage decks. the combo is powerful enough to just out thug defensive darkclaw and aeon. bring back belladonna with gravebone since your opponent will usually have to kill belladonna. smart opponents will try to kill belladonna first and then pile one of your lackeys on top of her in the graveyard ie the infernal gargoyle to keep her hidden at least one turn from gravebone.

she is pretty important so you could up the count to 4 belladonna. keldor is a little disappointing. his extra sharp ability is solid but i often find myself using him as a resource. the gargoyle is decent especially since eladwen cannot one shot him but i would not use more than 3.

ive havent tried deathbone or behemoth. if your opponent had to come through deathbone to attack your hero he would be great but if you opponent is smart he will leave deathbone alone. i think the behemoth is a touch too expensive but i have not tested it at all so it might be great.

bloodlust doesnt really fit in the deck since you need at least two creeps out to make it worthwhile and all your creeps are expensive but it does screw with peoples combat math and allow for some crazy damage in one turn if your opponent has been unable to control your board.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thank You for your advice, I think I might change the 2 chimera to 2 behemoths and have 4 of the other ally's. I am thinking fireball is just another resource hog so I might remove them and keep bloodlust.
    Last edited by TotallyImba; 02-28-2011 at 05:47 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have come up with this.. what do you think?

Beasts :
    2x Plasma Behemoth
    4x Belladonna
    4x Keldor
    4x Infernal Gargoyle

Spells:
    3x Bloodlust
    4x Portal
    4x Research
    4x Lightning Strike

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    fireball might not seem that great but it is the only way to do enough damage to kill darkclaw and two of them take out aeon. 6 resources and two cards to get rid of aeon is just about the best you can expect.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    you do not need 4 research. gravebone and belladonna act like reseach and are close to all the card draw the deck needs.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Angry

How about?

Beasts :
    2x Plasma Behemoth
    4x Belladonna
    4x Keldor
    4x Infernal Gargoyle

Spells:
    3x Bloodlust
    3x Fireball
    3x Portal
    3x Research
    3x Lightning Strike

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    that looks pretty good. the only way to know for sure is to test it. let me know how the behemoth works out for you. i stayed away from the behemoth because i was already packing 4 fireballs and best case scenario you are doing 7 damage for 8 resources. compare this to :

two belladonnas = 8 resources for 8 damage and two cards drawn.

one belladonna and one fireball = 7 resources for 8 damage and one card drawn.

one pumped chimera and one fireball = 8 resources for 9 damage.

the standard for damage/ resource is blake's 2 resources for 3 damage and you want to try and stick as close as possible to that formula as possible. it may not seem like a big difference but all the little math advantages add up over the course of the game into wins and losses.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    somehow i never saw bad wolf or just assumed his was a wulven only ally. im trying him now instead of keldor.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I might try bad wolf instead of Plasma Behemoth.