Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Question Elementalis ability 1.283 [confirmed]

While testing out an elementalis deck with her new ability I've found something quirky. While pleasure from pain is on the board, and I use her ability on a damaged ally, they get the +1 atk bonus and the health bonus. If shard is on the board, and I use her ability, they get the bonus. But, If both Shard and PfP is on the board, they get the +3 health but no +1 dmg. Tested and replicated this today several times.
    Last edited by CoRporis; 10-20-2011 at 01:15 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Pleasure From Pain to take effect, the ally must be "damaged". Elementalis' ability only increases an ally's health and doesn't heal it so PFP's effect should still hold.

For Shard of Power, this reduces an ally's health to 1. If your ally has more than 1 health, the ally is reduced down to 1/1 health. Being at 1/1 would mean that you're not damaged. So everything is working fine in this case.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by AnAdolt View Post
    Pleasure From Pain to take effect, the ally must be "damaged". Elementalis' ability only increases an ally's health and doesn't heal it so PFP's effect should still hold.

For Shard of Power, this reduces an ally's health to 1. If your ally has more than 1 health, the ally is reduced down to 1/1 health. Being at 1/1 would mean that you're not damaged. So everything is working fine in this case.
    The mechanics are clear, but not working correctly as per your description of shard's power.
    Example playing vs cpu-
    I have 2 gargs on field, both at 2/4 no damage
    Next turn played PfP, then played shard, gargs went to 5/1. Should have been 4/1.
    So far every time I've played this combo it has given +3 to all allies on my side with more than 1 health. All allies played after shard only get the +2 from shard.
    Last edited by CoRporis; 10-20-2011 at 06:39 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Speaking of Shard of Power and things working "as intended," has anyone tested to see if one Spark leaves the table, the other Sparks gain the bonus from Pleasure from Pain since they took 1 damage to get their health reduced?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaDucky View Post
    Speaking of Shard of Power and things working "as intended," has anyone tested to see if one Spark leaves the table, the other Sparks gain the bonus from Pleasure from Pain since they took 1 damage to get their health reduced?
    Not yet, been playing with the elementalis ability mentioned in the OP. I would assume that it would not work that way though.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by CoRporis View Post
    Not yet, been playing with the elementalis ability mentioned in the OP. I would assume that it would not work that way though.
    I mean, I'd also assume they wouldn't die under Shard of Power either...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I mean, I'd also assume they wouldn't die under Shard of Power either...
    I've not played around with sparks and SOP much, but everything I've read says if they were played before shard and one dies, so do the others.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by CoRporis View Post
    I've not played around with sparks and SOP much, but everything I've read says if they were played before shard and one dies, so do the others.
    Yes. This is because the mechanic used to make them lose their health bonus is that they take 1 damage. So in theory, you should be able to activate Pleasure from Pain on them in the same way.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yes. This is because the mechanic used to make them lose their health bonus is that they take 1 damage. So in theory, you should be able to activate Pleasure from Pain on them in the same way.
    Ahh.. I see your point, which was my understanding as well. But AnAdolt's description of Shard says otherwise.
    Last edited by CoRporis; 10-20-2011 at 11:33 PM. Reason: Can't spell..

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Shard was changed in v1.27, effectively setting allies to 1/1 health. This is why Bad Wolf and other healing effects no longer effect allies under Shard. So it is currently a bug with Pleasure From Pain, since it's only checking if the ally has its health reduced, when it should be checking a difference between current health and maximum health. Since a 1/1 health ally should not be considered "damaged".