Close

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Moonstalker is better than Darkclaw if played correctly, especially for your opponent! I've posted a decent build for those who wish to try it out

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....Wulven-players

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    glad you agree i like the deck, but maybe go with only 2 EA and 2 PFP. and add bazaar and bad santa. maybe some OP fire snakes too
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    EA is essential, 3 minimum!

IMO Fire Snakes are killed too easily by EA and aren't worth the slots in the deck. I've never needed draw, Shadow Knights really help with this. I actually don't run this exact setup (why would I post my deck haha) but in my setup I have 2 PFP. There is a bit of wiggle room for tuning of course. The main idea though is to put out creatures that are not really affected by EA, Replenish losses with Shadow Knight and cycle.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Elementalis is definitely not dead lol... In fact I'd say 1.25.

I only know of 1 deck that's good though....but its killer. And I don't remember who made it...poke someone from A1 for details and maybe they'll steer you in the right direction to find out who made it.
    ~*Pain Is Only A Pulse, If You Just Stop Feeling It*~

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    and its killer even when you dont use Elementalis's ability. thats my point. with or without her doesnt make a difference.
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    all my decks together

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlyn0 View Post
    DARKCLAW: T 2 i didnt understrand the hype before it was put on the test server, didnt understand it when it was on the test server and still dont understand the hype... but, people are starting to change their opinion of late from what i am reading in the forum. T 2 is where he is at, no higher.
    Darkclaw generated hype because he just gives the impression that he's strong because he lives so darn long and throws all these flashy cards in your face knocking out allies while at the same time doing quite a bit of damage with just a weapon and never casting a single ally. At first it may seem so intimidating and powerful because it just seems like there's nothing you can do. During the game you might have knocked him down about 12 hit points and in another three turns he's back to full health!

It's like a magic trick that gives an illusion of strength because he just doesn't seem to die. Really what's going on is that as he ones you with his big teeth and every 4 turns threes you, you are sucking up a huge amount of resources courtesy of his Bazaar (discarding your own Bazaar of course) and suddenly you're using all your awesome cards during those times when you can't do him any damage. Then all in about one or two turns, after about 30 minutes of smoke and mirrors, you take him to the dentist and have his teeth pulled out all at once because you were prepared and packed along some shrieks or misplaced, acid jet of course if you're shadow and you take out his JD.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    love moonstalker, tried out darkclaw and really enjoy playing with him but just too many ways to be beaten to win consistently, i have to disagree on elementalis though combined with shadow font her new ability is pretty boss

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    even with shadowfont its STILL just a single ally boost. retreat, crippling blow, captured prey, even "now you are mine", tidal wave, zal with an ed, mc, rain delay, into the forest, poison arrow, logan, boris, marshland, jasmine, and on and on and on.... her ability... it just doesnt matter.

change her back and make it 3se or make it bloodlust like at +1 for 3se.
    Last edited by Caitlyn0; 11-01-2011 at 04:41 AM.
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    all my decks together

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ele has the balance between stall and aggro.u play against a crippling enemy.make an 8HP regain with a buffed garg(after the crippling) and a conversion.u play against a non crippling enemy?make board control eeeeasy!!!conversion is a key card to play against warriors with discharges with absolute aim to destroy all their allies before the have the chance to wipe out yiur hero (plus conversion HP).u play against mages? just buff and eat a 3cc ally (even with infusion sometimes) and let them go for the throat.well Ele's neck with conversions just goes bigger!!!Ele's only problem is recursion Heroes like GB,or other Elementals cause she cannot drag them down...Anyway i believe in Elemental cards very much and i see much potential in Ele (unfortunately much more than my previous beloved Zaladar...).Eladwen and DC are a joke against a conversion Ele deck!!Logan is still difficult but if he doesnt get a T2 BF things are sooo easy.if he does u have to be ready for many conversions,discharges and mind controls,so as to endure and eat up allies until he runs out of allies.then renewal comes...!!!
    Spartan guardian of A1

Holder of:
    -Highest rate in history of SE trueskill,401pts
    -Highest winstreak in SE (40 wins)
    -2 #1 in ladder
    -Most top10s achieved in ladder
    -Winner of biggest tourney ever held in SE, SlugfestIV
    -#4 in WC2017
    -Member of all PFGs
    -Member of the 1st podcast of SE, State of the Era
    -Author of A1 project Omega

-Member of A1 Leadership

- A1 : Evolution in theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    OH.... MY GOD!!!!! i am sitting here, stuck between two powerful emotions. i am stuck between absolute shock and laughing histerically. im sorry otto7, ive been waiting for this post. ive been waiting patiently for it, so please forgive me the responce i am about to give. its not directed at just you. its directed at everyone who didnt play her in 1.27 but now thinks she is great!

are you people out of your feakin minds????? you think she is so powerful now with a conversion deck??? (with shadowfont and life infusion as well)

this is why i am stunned. i have been waiting for a complete post about conversion. i knew it was coming. it shouldnt have come. even knowing it was coming, it still boggles my mind.

do you realize what you have done? you have turned the 1.28 version of elementalis into an extremely inefficient version of 1.27.

1.27 elementlis had absolutely no need for conversion, for shadowfont, for life infusion. conversion and life infusion were better played with Zal. as would be shadowfont if she didnt change. she probably wouldnt have a great need for it if her ability was changed to 3se. 2 AT MOST.

all this talk everywhere about resource and card efficency... and yet, very few people had a use for 1.27 el but have a great use for 1.28 el. and the best use for 1.28 el is to turn her into this inefficient verions of her 1.27 self.

1.27 el. could cast a 1cc fire snake, use 2se, destroy that snake and gain 5 health. THATS efficient. she could always eat a crippled (or whatgever) ally for 2se and gain 5 life.

1.28 el. can cast a 2cc card (conversion), use 3 se to pump that snake up and sac it for 5 health. inefficient. yes you could of attacked with it for 2 damage and then used conversion. but you used 3se, 2 cards and 3cc to do the same thing that 1.27 did for 2se, 1 card and 1cc. the higher cc of the ally, the more health you can gain, sure, but the extra cc isnt worth the extra health, its a great disadvantage. using els ability on a cripple gargoyle... she could already do that and gain 5 with no extra card loss. its not worth the one card loss to gain 2 more health than she would have. add in that 1.27 could eat an ally once every 2 turns all match long compared to once every 3 turns and only 4 times in a match... with a 4 card loss... there is no comparison. (and dont say more than 4 times with ER, 1.27 could use that too and get all 1cc aliies back to eat.

but here is the HUGE problem. the loss of 8 to 12 card slots for conversion, shadowfont and possibly life infusion to make a deck similar to a 1.27 deck. what are you gonna leave out that you wouldnt have had to? lose some allies? lose some draw engines? lose AoA? lose ED? lose MCs? what, tell me.

so, thanks for making my point better. using 1.28s ability just to pump an ally for damage makes her dead. the math speaks for itself. ive posted that repeatedly. she doesnt win more whether she uses her ability or not. using a conversion 1.28... i just dont have any words. you think thats powerful? and you never used 1.27 to do that more efficiently? anyone starting to see my GODDESS deck in their minds yet? it was always 5 health for 2se on 1cc allies, ect... later game, cast a shadow knight or cast 2, wait to see if they die, attack with survivor(s) eat a survivor, cast SK replacement(s)... REPEAT, starting on turn 10, no card loss, 5-10 damage to opponent, gain 5 health. throw in AoA... and she easily survives to turn 10. you can even start a single SK cycle on turn 5. use an ED on SK... MC anything big... blah blah blah. you all thought she was weak or only good for mill...

and you want to talk to me about a conversion deck??? seriously?
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    all my decks together

Evolution in Theory