Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sealed Deck Champion
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlyn0 View Post
    and i dont agree that jericho is that good.
    Agreed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Jericho is only a top-tier Hero when played/built by a skilled player, or as an attempt to play against the Warriors in the meta, as to be honest his SE ability is totally useless most of the time. The rest of his danger to other decks comes from the Priest/Human abilities/allies, which give him 4 total board wipes without health cost (ED and Nova cost 5 health, and Nish's ability doesn't count as a separate card,) up to 4 mini wipes vs weenies that only effect the opponent's half of the board without targeting restrictions like on LS or AB, 4 any-item item destruction chances, the only -1 attack to all enemy allies, access to Kings Pride which is often a victory lock if it hits the board and sticks, and one of the better unilateral drawing engines with Wizent's Staff (one SE which he rarely uses per turn for a second draw that turn is nothing to sneeze at, despite the standard weapon weaknesses).

With careful and well planned ally choices, tuning for card totals, and sufficient practice, a J-deck can compete with almost anything, but not simply because of Jericho himself, unlike Amber/Gwen, Majiya, Boris, Zaladar/Banebow, etc. Those other Heroes are specifically chosen because their ability is useful and game altering in just about every game they play instead of just against a few Classes that commonly use a certain, not really all that common, type of card. I will freely admit that while I enjoy laying Jericho quite a bit, the reason I enjoy him is for the challenge of it, and that for most competitive matches I will most likely be found playing Zhanna instead.

The best thing about Jericho is most likely his name and art, all that being said

Cheers,
    -Harakhte
    Harakhte - A1's Esoteric Egyptian Enigma
    www.a1-alliance.org - "Evolution in Theory"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Harakhte View Post
    Jericho is only a top-tier Hero when played/built by a skilled player, or as an attempt to play against the Warriors in the meta, as to be honest his SE ability is totally useless most of the time. The rest of his danger to other decks comes from the Priest/Human abilities/allies, which give him 4 total board wipes without health cost (ED and Nova cost 5 health, and Nish's ability doesn't count as a separate card,) up to 4 mini wipes vs weenies that only effect the opponent's half of the board without targeting restrictions like on LS or AB, 4 any-item item destruction chances, the only -1 attack to all enemy allies, access to Kings Pride which is often a victory lock if it hits the board and sticks, and one of the better unilateral drawing engines with Wizent's Staff (one SE which he rarely uses per turn for a second draw that turn is nothing to sneeze at, despite the standard weapon weaknesses).

With careful and well planned ally choices, tuning for card totals, and sufficient practice, a J-deck can compete with almost anything, but not simply because of Jericho himself, unlike Amber/Gwen, Majiya, Boris, Zaladar/Banebow, etc. Those other Heroes are specifically chosen because their ability is useful and game altering in just about every game they play instead of just against a few Classes that commonly use a certain, not really all that common, type of card. I will freely admit that while I enjoy laying Jericho quite a bit, the reason I enjoy him is for the challenge of it, and that for most competitive matches I will most likely be found playing Zhanna instead.

The best thing about Jericho is most likely his name and art, all that being said

Cheers,
    -Harakhte
    ... tsk, tsk. Well posted, it anoys me endlessly that you managed to balance the pros and cons so well.

No, you are right that most of the time, the ability is just ... there. But dont forget that you also keep all the other onchar cards he/she might have away, while still gathering SE for wizent staff. This is a problem I find with Zena btw. About SE for heals/wizent.
    As for the T5 Tdal Wave..... if you go into that trap you deserve it.

@cait yes you are right, a mage have more items. But they are not a threat, so why destroy them. The ice armor thing can be anoying, but only if you are low on hp. And wasteing an item destro on bazzar? Joke right? =)

Lastely, about Zena; fun, but not for long. This, cause the only gain is for getting into the late game. And personaly I cant stand useing getting to the bottom of the decks, waiting for sudden death to kill my oponent as a strategy. I wrote something wrong earlier btw. This cause I just reasently played Zena xP. I said that you should always keep a healing for poison/blaze as a priest.. this is true in general I gues, for wulvens too. But not so for Jerico obviously. Gonna edit it away for infomation sake. Just thought Id tell you all, and it holds true for Zena, so one more hold card for her.
    Last edited by Anqwa; 10-18-2011 at 12:36 PM. Reason: phraseing

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

random youtube find

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Anqwa View Post
    haha yes it is. my deck has changed a lot since that video but it is. and its not a bad deck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    RIP Jericho end of story.