Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

1.28 Are humans still viable?

After looking over all the upcoming cards for 1.28 I come to the conclusion that the devs hate humans. I really dont see where the cards are even remotely balanced as the shadow cards seem WAY better than the human ones. Maybe the hero changes will make up for some of this gap, but honestly I dont see how humans are going to remain competitive in 1.28.

Am I missing something? Would love to hear your thoughts on faction balance after these cards go live.

Blessings,

Goldain

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    .... lol?

Earthen Protector... Aeon... Aldon... Kristoffer... Good Ascendant... Retreat... oh man it goes on and on.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hmm? The only bad card in the set imo is radiant sunlight(<->Shadow Font). For the rest they are all as viable as the Shadow ones.
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Argh...I was about to write something rude again, but i catched myself in middair.
    Master Blakes, A1's Magus of the Future - A1: Luck is for the meek.

Need help with your deck / test it ?
    Find me in the IRC chatroom and I'll help .

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Blakes View Post
    Argh...I was about to write something rude again, but i catched myself in middair.
    Thank you, because I do not feel I was rude in any way asking the question. I already stated I might be missing something and/or wrong and solicited opinions. The tone of my post was not a rant but my opinion and request for the opinion of others.

Blessings,

Goldain

Sealed Deck Champion
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Lol..........

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakkon View Post
    .... lol?

Earthen Protector... Aeon... Aldon... Kristoffer... Good Ascendant... Retreat... oh man it goes on and on.
    Aeon - nerfed by Selfishness
    Aldon - not really part of the new cards and agree not really affected by them much
    Kristoffer - nerfed by evil ascendent
    Good Ascendant - only real benefit if removing Evil Ascendant...most human ally kills are one turn other than maybe Raven/Aeon, and with Selfishness Aeon is easily ignored or CP/CB into irrelevance
    Retreat - also not a new card and minimally affected by it. It can't even help remove selfishness as owner can't target the ally to retreat it, so Aeon is perma-nerfed by Selfishness

Blessings,

Goldain
    Last edited by Goldain; 10-12-2011 at 07:25 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    My point is Human > Shadow. They have been for a long time. Just because one patch seems in favor of Shadow doesn't mean Human will be unplayable.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakkon View Post
    My point is Human > Shadow. They have been for a long time. Just because one patch seems in favor of Shadow doesn't mean Human will be unplayable.
    Really? Is that why 75% of the quick match games I play is against Majiya/Zaladar/Gravebone? If humans are so overpowered now, why isn't there more of a 50/50 balance at least?

Blessings,

Goldain

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Maybe I should be more specific in what I see, and that might help illuminate my perspective.

Shadow Cards:

Selfishness - nerfs one of humans main powerhouses, Aeon. Not removable via Jericho's abiltiy or retreat either since owner cannot target ally

Acid Jet - WAY better than Poor Quality. Means most super-duper armors are 1-2 pings away from bye-bye and most are gone immediately. Way to add 4 more shrieks to all shadow while still leaving gaping holes in human item removal. Means they can save shrieks for other items and use this for armor/weap

Pleasure from Pain and Evil Ascendant - wow, what a combo. Either gargs ignore EA while enemies die off and those allies who are affected get a war banner for the rest of their life (which shadow warriors can add a real war banner to). Nothing even remotely comparable on the human side

Shadow Font - are you kidding me? With the increase in SE cost and/or mods to heroes, this is crazy. Certainly they didn't think Radiant Sunlight (which hurts you as much as your enemy) is a balancing card for this one?

Human Cards:

Misplaced - NOT item removal, item delay at best, and the 4cc limit makes sure you can't get rid of anything really useful even temporarily. This most useful for JD or BDB to recycle them when you are using them. Beyond that a pretty lame and useless card.

Poor Quality - Very inferior to AJ in my opinion. Also unless they make "used" include card drawing ability for wizent and shadow cloak, it is pretty useless. Also if 0 damage weapons don't technically defend, this will make wizent a permanent item

Honored Dead - first of all unless you are playing a board wipe card and willing to eat your own allies, you need 5 dead allies for this to do anything at all. Generally in a quick game, by the time you have 5 allies in the graveyard, you have already lost board control and are going to die anyway. A one time two card draw and 2 life ain't gonna save you.

Good Ascendant - most good heroes are dead within one turn of being picked for death anyway. The only time this would be useful is maybe for Raven/Aeon, and with Selfishness Aeon can be ignored and Raven will either be set upon for death in a single turn or CB/CP'ed into oblivion. The most useful part about this card is its ablity to destroy its evil counterpart.

Radiant Sunlight - you got to be kidding? This hurts you as much as them and will be about as popular and useful as Plague or Shadowspawn which are cards even most noobs don't play now.

In examining the cards I just see a lot of power, usefulness and combos coming on the shadow side while I see situational, weak and/or useless cards on the human side. Maybe it is just I am not smart enough or creative enough to see a deck built around these cards or maybe my play style is so different than what would be required for these cards that I just can't see their merits, but again this is just my 2 cents worth and am content to be shown my error if indeed I am in error.

Blessings,

Goldain