Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlyn0 View Post
    blah blah... :P

i dont really know why anyone plays a ripper. and it does ABSOLUTELY SUCK in an elemental deck. put it in my first elementalis deck... took it out soon after, never to come back again. nova does have some use. i have one in my elementalis deck, for those pesky little mage decks that still like to use that poison and burning attachment card. must have giving the guy a heartattack after he put both on me and then i cast that... then his 2 and 3 attack allies couldnt hurt me, but helped get rid of it, then ED'd his butt. and started an SK cycle on him
    Dimension Ripper is a great card, and gives Elemental heroes access to a weapon. In the case of DR, one with 2 attack power. For Zaladar, who can already torch the board with his blast, DR is a great addition. However, if your deck is made up almost exclusively of "power cards", it's not a safe bet. If you're running weenie rush, it's more than just fine. It's a killer.

Zal Total Control would do nothing but break even or trade down by using Ripper's ability, where as Zal ShardLust decks I'd almost say need to run them if they want to be adaptive and competitive in the 1.27 meta. I mean, what power cards are you going to give away from ShardLust? A Firesnake? or a Shard of Power? Oh yeah, that's just what he wants to play so his Aeon is a 5/1 protector.

Point, DR is an awesome card, when in the decks in which it is an awesome card.

In the case of ZTC, it's a terrible pick.

EDIT:

nova does have some use.
    I'm absolutely sure of that being a true statement. But, not in the Elementalis deck you described as using, despite that one, very rare occurance with the flames/gas you described.

Who can tell the class why Nova is a weak card in Caitlyn0's Elementalis deck?
    Last edited by BlanketEffect; 10-13-2011 at 03:48 AM.
    -Doctor of Philosophy, A1 Alliance - Evolution in theory
    Original designer of the Serena Superdraw® archetype; connoisseur of all things un-meta

Santa Bomb ©2011, Lamb Slam & Feedbomb ©2012 - All rights reserved

Zaladar - ZTC 3.0: The Feedbomb Dynamo <-- An iconic deck in Shadow Era history - SE v1.5

Listen to past episodes of State of the Era: a dialogue on all things Shadow Era, brought to you by Alliance One

We are all one mind, capable of all imagined, and all conceivable.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It deserves mention, I think, that Feedback be recognized as the great card that it is.

Lying Dragon suggested, and then Danae reinforced, that Feedback would be good in my original, weird Zaladar control deck.

Having used it now in ZTC, I can honestly say, it's in the top three Elemental cards, and one of the best cards in the game, overall. Quite a powerful card.
    Original designer of the Serena Superdraw® archetype; connoisseur of all things un-meta

Zaladar - ZTC 3.0: The Feedbomb Dynamo <-- An iconic deck in Shadow Era history - SE v1.5

Listen to past episodes of State of the Era: a dialogue on all things Shadow Era, brought to you by Alliance One

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This is a very fun deck to play. I like that it involves a lot of strategy and pretty much forces long games, so you get to use all that strategy.

The only issue I've had with it so far is that board control seems lost very early and can be difficult to get back. Without weapons or direct damage, gargoyles become very difficult for Zaladar to kill.

As long as you have decent life by turn eight, this deck will control the game. But having that much health can be a struggle.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well, you're not going to have much in the way of control in the early turns with this deck. By turn 5 (4 if going 2nd), you should be able to, with the combination of Zal Blast and Gargoyle or Brute attack, kill anything they've got on the board, except a Gargoyle.

From turns 5-8, I rely on either Energy Discharge or Mind Control to keep the opp's board in check. And, with Soul Reaper, by turn 8, I can usually gain 6-10 life, pretty easily.

It does have its weaknesses - every deck does; however, consistency is what I'm after. This deck does deliver in that field.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by BlanketEffect View Post
    It deserves mention, I think, that Feedback be recognized as the great card that it is.

Lying Dragon suggested, and then Danae reinforced, that Feedback would be good in my original, weird Zaladar control deck.

Having used it now in ZTC, I can honestly say, it's in the top three Elemental cards, and one of the best cards in the game, overall. Quite a powerful card.
    this is my most favorite part of the deck.
    my reasons:
    1. your opp would never expect a feedback in an elemental deck (more surprise is better)
    2. a good combo late game as mentioned by blanket
    3. in relation to point 1, it will either piss your opponent off or leave him in awe of the cool combo.
    A Blunt a Day, Keeps the Drama Away

bicin -
    Monk of the Fighting Budhha
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi Blanket!
    I'm currently trying to use this deck, but wanted to clarify some things.

I understand eternal renewal is a good card, but is it okay to sac if you get it early on?
    I try to hold onto it, but it has never decided the game for me. Is there a correct way to use this card?

Also, should I always be playing bazaar? When I was playing against a Lance, I noticed he was taking advantage of it more than me.
    I ended up losing that game. The next 2 games, I sac'd Bazaar and easily won (was a tournament best 2/3).

Thanks for your time!

EDIT: I have seen the light xD
    Eternal is an essential card, period.

Bazaar should almost always be played, unless you have a notable card advantage,
    and they have no other draw engine.
    Last edited by ace097; 10-19-2011 at 01:29 AM.