Close

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    With a heavy heart I trimmed the deck down to 30 cards to maximize efficiency. Bloodlust and Full Moon were fun in the mix, but I think those will be much more viable in a 40 card deck.

Jeweler's Dream was a life saver a couple of times, unlike Wrath of the Forest that seemed to slow my play down most of the times. Probably the biggest issue that remains is drawing cards, when I just won't draw a Shadow Knight. But even then the deck proved quite resilient and won against a higher rated elemental.
    Conceptual stuff
    The Rule of Six - Building and reviewing a deck.

Behold my Wulven decks
    Wrath of the Wulven - Making the most of your Moonstalker!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Can't decide between those two alterations of the deck: Version with 3 Pack Wolf to have something to play in round 2 if I don't draw Now You're Mine vs the slower previous edition that basically starts in turn 3.

(Can't wait until 40 cards are the minimum (this change is coming, right?) and Moonstalker becomes finally viable. Will probably run this deck then with good conscience!)

The quicker version helps vs human mostly, to get rid off protectors early on in order to snipe the real targets. The second one gives a higher chance of having more choice in round 3.

In my opinion you can only warrant letting the opponent get a lot of tier 1 and 2 creatures out, if you have AoE to take care of those. Wulven don't have that. So what do you guys think, option 1 or 2?

Btw I'm not too much concerned about the low Shriek count, just bet an Amber deck that had more weapons than you could throw a stick at. Was super close but I managed to pull out a win against an opponent that was rated 50 points above me.

Which brings me to another question: Can it be that the rating system is somewhat broken? Losing or winning against 210 opponents (I am currently at 160) always gives or takes 2-3 points. Shouldn't a win against a higher rated opponent give more points than losing against him? Also I've read somewhere that good players start at around 300 and 500 is supposed to be the cap. I'm not the best player in the world and the Wulven deck is definitely not the most imbalanced thing around, but I can't imagine that this scale is correct aka I'm not doing that incredibad.
    Last edited by Cruxx; 10-14-2011 at 09:53 PM.
    Conceptual stuff

Behold my Wulven decks

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    lol i just made a wulven deck with nothing but 4 pack wolf and the rest were abilities xD xD then i got skeptic and simply removed all allies from the deck and went into quick game and i actually won xD draw back....it took LONG! lol but then it hit me.....dude for the update this might just be a good deck xD i mean nobody wants to see special ability activate by turn 4 with with big teeth = 6 damage no damage to you next turn full moon, next turn ability again......next turn play that shadow ability card that gives you 3 SE lol idk maybe i am dreaming to much lol but you never know....xD
    only after you open and understand the purpose of the 50 levels may you enter the 51st. but, i warn, after you enter the 50th there is no turning back, and if you fail to understand death, then you will never be worthy of resurrection.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Try these two decks and let me know how you fare with them:
    32 cards:
    http://shadowera.gondorian.com/deck/....3se118.2se154
    42 cards:
    http://shadowera.gondorian.com/deck/....4se050.3se141
    In game name: Plague12
    "...I don't lecture, I don't rap, I'm no bureaucrat; I'm just a guy out of nowhere came to be involved in something five-hundreds times bigger than you and me." - Nines Rodriguez, Anarch

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    Try these two decks and let me know how you fare with them:
    32 cards:
    http://shadowera.gondorian.com/deck/....3se118.2se154
    42 cards:
    http://shadowera.gondorian.com/deck/....4se050.3se141
    Have tried similar decks like those before, weren't happy with the lack of early and direct creature removal. One Birgitte can basically break your neck, making your opponents creatures immune against Rabid Bite and Captured Prey.

One option I thought about was adding some T1 and T2 creatures and WotF instead of Bad Santa (for synergy), to be more agressive with creatures early on, but there is no guruantee you will draw them early on and it would weaken the deck late game every time. So I decided I wanted to keep most of the way more powerful T3 creatures and added 2 Rabid Bite instead to take care of any low level allies that survived the first rounds and tank the damage with Darkclaw until T3, at which point I want to play Gargoyle most of the times.
    Last edited by Cruxx; 10-15-2011 at 09:07 AM.
    Conceptual stuff

Behold my Wulven decks

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    After doing some math and probability calculations, this is pretty much it. That is until I can figure out what corner to cut to include a 4th Shriek...
    Conceptual stuff

Behold my Wulven decks

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruxx View Post
    Have tried similar decks like those before, weren't happy with the lack of early and direct creature removal. One Birgitte can basically break your neck, making your opponents creatures immune against Rabid Bite and Captured Prey.

One option I thought about was adding some T1 and T2 creatures and WotF instead of Bad Santa (for synergy), to be more agressive with creatures early on, but there is no guruantee you will draw them early on and it would weaken the deck late game every time. So I decided I wanted to keep most of the way more powerful T3 creatures and added 2 Rabid Bite instead to take care of any low level allies that survived the first rounds and tank the damage with Darkclaw until T3, at which point I want to play Gargoyle most of the times.
    Well, my experiences with those two decks were different in a sense that the lack of NYM in my deck was not a deciding factor to win the game because I would usually go Pack Wolf, Thaddeus, Rabid Bite, Captured Prey or Extra Sharp to deal with any three cost ally, except for Gargoyle. With the 42 card deck it is possible to defeat most high tier decks in a 40 card environment provided you deal with their draw engine or they have a lousy draw How about we arange a couple of matches so you can see the deck in action?
    In game name: Plague12
    "...I don't lecture, I don't rap, I'm no bureaucrat; I'm just a guy out of nowhere came to be involved in something five-hundreds times bigger than you and me." - Nines Rodriguez, Anarch

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    How about we arange a couple of matches so you can see the deck in action?
    Sure thing. Already contacted Drakkon regarding the Wolf Pack and play testing some builds, but no answer so far. Send me a PM if you have time today!
    Conceptual stuff

Behold my Wulven decks

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    After basically only using Shadow Knight to resurrect Behemoth or another Shadow Knight, I decided to remove them completely and added another Behemoth and Bad Santa instead. (Chances to get a Shriek to play in T5 (trying not to play a Shriek earlier, to get Behemoth out asap) are actually better with an additional Bad Santa (85%) vs adding another Shriek (84%) + it helps to draw any other card I could need.) Shadow Knights just seem to die too quickly and Behemoth is normally the card that wins me the game.

Would love to see an option to free up 3 cards or so to accomodate some Shadow Knights vs heavy burn and AoE decks, but the other mechanics are more important to me atm. Gotta be extra careful vs them mages and priests with only 10 creatures in the deck now.
    Last edited by Cruxx; 10-16-2011 at 05:48 PM.
    Conceptual stuff

Behold my Wulven decks

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    After some more consideration and testing I removed both Thaddeus and 2 Now You're Mine and replaced them with 4 Medusil. Also Bad Santa went out and I'll try Bazaar some more for continued card draws.

Thaddeus just didn't make the cut, too many times he just wasn't as useful as straight up 3 damage and the option to gnaw away big bad creatures without losing your own. Medusil also does really well against low level creatures, which is why I decided to lose 2 Now You're Mine for them as well.

12 creatures also do feel much better than 10. Personal opinion, not supported by math.
    Conceptual stuff

Behold my Wulven decks