Close

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ok new plan: Instead of tricking around with clever creature sacrifice with SL or trying to get out a WotF without losing too much speed, we just throw MOARRR creatures in our opponents faces!

2 Medusil -> 2 additional Thaddeus (I really never used her ability)
    3 Sacrifical Lamb, 2 Extra Sharp -> 4 Wulven Tracker, 1 additional Bloodlust (While awesome in theory, never came around to play an Extra Sharp and Bloodlust's artwork just wins... )

Though I'm somewhat convinced that Wulven Tracker is underpowered (should be cost 3 imo as this annoying Knight of the Light that probably forces me to take Shadow Font back into the deck at some point...) it still takes some effort to kill it with its 4 HP.
    With 4 Jeweler's Dream and 4 Wulven Tracker I have a good chance of being able to play something agressive in round 4, something that I have been missing quite a lot.

All card draw is now a side effect of creature cards I play, need some more games to evaluate its effectiveness.
    Conceptual stuff
    The Rule of Six - Building and reviewing a deck.

Behold my Wulven decks
    Wrath of the Wulven - Making the most of your Moonstalker!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Still think Wulven Tracker should be changed, but this Wulven artwork just grows on me... <3

Currently at:
    4 Pack Wolf, 2 Brutalis for low cost allies
    4 Keldor, 2 Thaddeus for mid cost allies
    4 Plasma Behemoth, 2 Ogloth as Hard Hitters
    4 Captured Prey, 4 Now You're Mine, 3 Bloodlust for creature removal
    4 Wulven Tracker, 2 Sacrifical Lamb for card draw
    4 Jeweler's Dream to speed things up (may also count 2 Thaddeus here for ping)

Another way to look at it is
    22 creatures
    11 creature removal
    6 cards to speed things up (draw/ressource gain)

I like the 22/11 part, having 1 creature removal option for every 2 creatures in the deck. Even ratios just make me happy!

The 2 Brutalis came in for 2 Thaddeus, increasing my chance to play something usefull in turn 2 (4 Wolf Pack, 2 Brutalis, 4 NYM)
    In T3 most of the time I am somewhat reluctant to already use a Captured Prey, but if I go 2nd and a Jasmine / Thaddeus was played, so I currently only have 9 options there (yes I do play bloodlust in T3 if I can get rid of an ally that way )
    T4 I wanted to have more than 4 cards (JD) to hope for, so the 4 Wulven Tracker do come in handy, though JD takes priority in most cases, as playing Wulven Tracker in T4 means I need to already use my MS ability in most cases.

I am looking into options to not use Captured Prey anymore, as it can be removed nowadays and it happened more than I liked. Don't see a valid control alternative though.

Also I'm still evaluating Sacrifical Lamb vs Shadow Knight. As I am pretty happy with my 22 creatures and overall ressource curve, I tend to use Sacrifical Lamb at the moment. Haven't made up my mind completely yet though. Also thought about going There be monsters for funsies, as it got buffed, but I am not sure if it would be that great overall. Would give me additional T3 options though when going 2nd, hum... need to ponder the implications!
    Conceptual stuff

Behold my Wulven decks

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Looks very agressiv
    I still think you should less rely on WT and more on SL but despite this little matter I don't know why it shouln't work. And I can see in theroy work Here Be Monster in your deck pretty well. The only thing is that you probably have to add 4 of them to use them properly in a 40 cards deck.

Mybe it will give you the chance to lower the CP count on at least 3 since there won't play that much fetties. Might give you the time that is needed to bring your many weenies in position. But I fear your deck might still have some critical probelms against certain heroes and/or certain situations. I like nonetheless the idear behind your deck.

So thanks to enrich the MS deck scene.
    A1's Cold Predator - A1: Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thus far I didn't have a lot of problems with any kind of deck. Even won 3/4 of my mage matchups for whatever strange reason.

I played it up to 275, fooled around a bit, tried a weenie rush version -> dropped to 250 and now played it back up to 270. If you play more consistently than me with average to good skill, 300+ is easily possible.

I really don't pump out that much low cost creatures normally. I switch to the big guns at T5/6 and afterwards play whatever I draw. As its 22 creatures and only 11 spells, I sac creatures I have on my hand twice quite often, to keep my options open.

Currently trying the deck with There be monsters, as it forces the opponent back a turn and to sac another card.
    Conceptual stuff

Behold my Wulven decks

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If the rise of another brilliant Wulven deck mean that I'm wrong, then I will never do something right

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ok I definitely suck at chosing and sticking with a draw engine...
    Back to 4 Shadow Knight and 2 Sacrifical Lamb.

Everything else is peachy and makes sense in pretty much every game I play, but for the 6 card draw cards I can't seem to find the one best allocation.

I pretty much went from Wulven Tracker back to Shadow Knight, as for 1 more CC I have tons more damage and an effect that can't be prevented.
    If I include Shadow Knight, I want to add Sacrifical Lamb as well for they have great synergy, so Here be Monsters gets kicked out again.

But as Wulven doesn't have good card draw before T5 (Playing Shadow Knight or Wulven Tracker attacking, not counting Sacrifical Lamb in T4 as you normally do not want to sac so early in the game, same for WotF + losing pressure build up, not being able to Santa Bomb in T2 since no 1CC included and Bazaar always giving a greater advantage to your opponent) I can as well stick with Shadow Knight and enjoy good synergies with Ogloth, Sacrifical Lamb and any good creature on top of my Graveyard (10 hard hitter in this version, 6 3CC, 6 2CC).

Someone please poke me, if I overlooked something.
    Conceptual stuff

Behold my Wulven decks

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Updated original post now that the deck builder has been updated.
    Now only waiting for a nice admin to update the topic to 1.5.
    Conceptual stuff

Behold my Wulven decks

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    surprising lack of wulven tracker or wrath of the forest or crescendo, but still very interesting

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like what you are doing here . But I still wonder why Keldor. You use Bloodlust, which I think is a brilliant card for MS and a little bit underestimated. But his ability and Bloodlust might not work good together due to the lack of recources, even with JD. Infernal Gargoyles on the other hand survive a long time and can become all of a sudden to 4 attack allies.

Keldor is a dangerous ally and your opponent will kill or stopp him probably really fast, if not he could become an ally with 6 attack power.

Again just some open thoughts and as always thank you for sharing

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like these builds and I was doing awesome but I'm at 210 now and I'm not fighting amateurs anymore and I'm getting my but whooped more frequently lol. But overall I love this build.