Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Serena Thoughtripper + Mugged!

I've recently started playing shadow era and so far it's fun (though I don't think it will be deep enough for me in the long run, but that is another topic).

I started with Serena Thoughtripper, because I actually like the artwork a lot + her ability sounded promising.
    This was until I found out, that you can only deal combat damage to an enemy hero with one single item in the whole game.
    Comparing her to her male counterpart Lance, the ability seems quite weak now. (Or maybe Lance's ability is just too good? )

Maybe considering rogue damage abilities like "Mugged!" (Deal 2 damage to enemy Hero. Your Hero heals 3 damage.) as combat damage (the rogue deals damage) would make her more of a competetive choice, so she has more ways of using her ability.

Comments and thoughts welcome!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yes I chose Serena as first deck too due to her artwork (should we organize a Serena fan club?)

And yes, Serena is quite weak ATM, and there is no intention to change her towards a better level, according to calmdown (the lead designer afaik)

The next change on her is the following ability:

4 shadow energy: +2 damage on target weapon, if right after using the ability you attack enemy hero with that weapon, enemy discards a cards on hisher hand at random.

Apart from that, the rogue card set is complete, you'll have to wait a loooooong time before any new rogue weapon is even thought of.

I find this stupid, they consider rogues to be "gimmicky" heroes and to never even DESERVE to be a competitive choice.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Wow that's sad...
    So either Lance, who seems to be the common choice, or Wulven (love their artwork as well but can't come up with an interesting build)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hahahah I chose serena for exact same two reasons :L screw her weapon =.= the new ability seems to be promising :P and btw nice card art xP seems to be a single artist :L they should put a credit in the game somewhere xp

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well I would actually prefer her current ability over the new one, if there would be another option to utilize it, e.g. making "Mugged!" trigger her ability.
    Thus freeing up her shadow energy for Marshland Sentinel or Gravedigger's Cloak.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ok, i knew about Serena's new (awful) ability, but this...

Quote Originally Posted by Pie Flavor View Post
    Apart from that, the rogue card set is complete, you'll have to wait a loooooong time before any new rogue weapon is even thought of.

They consider rogues to be "gimmicky" heroes and to never even DESERVE to be a competitive choice.
    I mean, are you kidding, right? 0.o
    Because if it's a joke, it ain't funny at all...
    Could you give me some link, please?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by HHHBK View Post
    Ok, i knew about Serena's new (awful) ability, but this...

I mean, are you kidding, right? 0.o
    Because if it's a joke, it ain't funny at all...
    Could you give me some link, please?
    The "the rogues card set is complete" you can find it in many threads on rogue strategy.

The second one was a direct post from calmdown, saying that "not every hero can be top tier and it must remain so" I just can't find the post but if I find it I'll link it, I was just as mad as you could be now

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What in the blue hell is that supposed to mean? I better shut the hell up.
    Good thing I have to go out, maybe I'll chill down a bit.
    BUT, one thing I have to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruxx View Post
    Well I would actually prefer her current ability over the new one, if there would be another option to utilize it, e.g. making "Mugged!" trigger her ability.
    So: Gwen takes damage when her death trap kills a Deathbone, and Serena doesn't get her card when she uses Mugged.
    Shiny.

PS:
    Pie Flavor, I don't really wanna see that post so don't bother looking for it. Thank you so much for the explanation, anyway.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Flavor View Post
    The "the rogues card set is complete" you can find it in many threads on rogue strategy.

The second one was a direct post from calmdown, saying that "not every hero can be top tier and it must remain so" I just can't find the post but if I find it I'll link it, I was just as mad as you could be now
    The rogue card set is complete, but there are still 10 weapons & armor to be released before the entire set is complete. Chances are that at least one of those weapons will be usable by rogues.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hopefully :L one weapon sucks...
    Bananas that noe how to fly r awesome. Feel free to dis others =D

Code:
    function Magic takes unit u returns nothing
      call RemoveUnit(u)
      call BJDebugMsg("Bling! Magic.")
    endfunction