Close

Thread: Dear Diary

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Dear Diary

Dear Diary,

Although I know playing boris is lame, I still gain immense pleasure from absolutely farming every single scrub 150 rated gwenneth player abusing soul seeker and rapid fire. For every game I feel like a tool beating someone playing a hero like nishaven, it's all worth it when on turn 5 a gwenneth player rage quits.

Signed,
    -Nerd

Edit: To make this more strategy related; is kings pride actually a viable card to use or is it just a dead draw too often? I say that because I cut them out of my deck after blowing 1500 gold on them and now I feel pretty dumb for buying them, as i've done much better since.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    On the strategy topic, no KP is not a dead draw, but it isn't absolutely necessary either. The main point of having them is the tremendous swing value a turn or two of KP on the board creates. Not only does it provide normal armor bonuses (decks reliant on ally damage to win are suddenly doing -2 attacking your hero,) it is a permanent attack buff for your own allies equal to Bloodlust (+2 damage per ally is nothing to sneeze at) and it also makes your allies 1 more point harder to kill. Does a KP mostly show up on board when you are pretty much winning? Yes, that is often true, but unless your opponent drops out/concedes then there is always a chance, especially with board wipe capable heroes, or heroes that can heal, and a few others, that some seemingly impossible shift of fate might end up with them seeing the victory screen. This can and will happen.

On the other hand, pulling off the same miraculous come back is many times as hard when a KP drops, 'locking' the inevitable conclusion of the game for you. Personally, because of KP, I have been able to win a number of losing battles, as suddenly Kris is a huge source of damage, Birgitte can attack for two, Jas for 5... Aldon and War Banner on board too usually means you win the turn you drop KP with only a few allies out, as +4 attack is simply incredibly hard to deal with.

Again, to be clear, it is not absolutely necessary, especially in a 30 card speedy Boris, and Amber generates enough weapon damage to make up for the lack of it, but for anything 35+ cards there really isn't any reason not to include a pair of KP.

Cheers,
    -Harakhte
    Harakhte - A1's Esoteric Egyptian Enigma
    www.a1-alliance.org - "Evolution in Theory"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well the thing is in the situation where a kings pride would swing a situation wouldn't you almost always want something else like retreat+an ally card? I mean I feel like the only time it'd help is sometimes in a mirror or against human mages or gweneth which to be honest, boris seems to crush anyways (even more so if you run enrage) (it also isnt that valuable because everyone except the two listed have major item removal and most decks run them to counter gweneth), and even with it in a mirror normally if your opponent just retreats a key ally and plays a jasmine youll often feel really dumb for playing it and wishing you had another card.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i hate to break this to you.. but this isnt your diary. this is viewable by thousands of people
    ⊰☠ Mємвєr of I-5 ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Simple answer: after writing several long explanations, I figured this would be more meaningful - if you can't see how a KP would be useful, make more use of them until you figure it out, or simply don't use the card. As I pointed out above, it isn't absolutely necessary. However, understanding why it is considered a staple by many Warrior/Priest players would not be a bad thing.

Cheers,
    -Harakhte
    Harakhte - A1's Esoteric Egyptian Enigma
    www.a1-alliance.org - "Evolution in Theory"

League Season 3 Undisputed Champion chanson311's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If a KP would swing the game, then it is exactly what you want....
    TJ "Old-Timer"

TEAM JUGGERNAUTS

Fan of Doctor Who

Bands I like:
    Coheed and Cambria
    Pink Floyd
    Muse
    MGMT
    Electric Light Orchestra
    And many more!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I signed this?
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Twitter: @N3rd4Christ | Skype: N3rd4Christ
    >>>>> My Trade Thread <<<<<