Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

king's pride buffed warriors lock down

I think the current settings for human warriors is way(!!) too buffed. people come in with a 4xking's pride, 4x(some weapon, usually jeweler's dream), maybe some more weapons if using amber. Then some war banners, buffing warriors like aldon and protectors (aeon, briggite) to fend off mages, not to mention the really tough sandworm which acts as a counter-warrior defense. of course they also have card hasters (blood frenzy, bad santa) and a healing source (enrage). Then they just need to wait until they get enough resources and spit them all out for a one or more turns of *really* nasty damage dealing.
    I saw too many now use this no brainer, very expensive deck. others just don't stand a chance against it. (yeah not even the priest waiting for his precious tides for a slight relief...)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Welcome to the forums!

Please try breaking up your sentences and such into paragraphs.

That said... warriors do not run 4x KP. That'd be insane, what with it being cost 7.

Usually by turn 8 or 9, you've won or lost. So that leaves you two final turns to use KP in. What hero do you use? Why are you not saving item destruction for KP if it's such a bother?
    Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ok. I'll try to adher more to english grammer ;-)
    I don't think games end in turn 7. They can last much longer if played against a good oponent.
    I've tried both elementalis and majiya against this. I used 4 shrieks, but its not enough and it lowers your resources too putting u at a distinct disadvantage.
    The protectors make majiya's spells useless, as you cannot use them on the other allies fast enough. Same goes to elementalise's ability, though he stands a somewhat better chance with his healing cards and energy discharge (though 5 damage just isn't enough by that time).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well, in the last version, everybody was complaining about Majiya and Elementalis who were too OP, now it's warriors. And the good news is, in the next version boris will be buffed and shriek nerfed,

Happy gaming,
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    As Majiya, save the shrieks for later. Use supernova more often, ie shriek an armor then supernova. It will kill most allies except raven aeon, and worm.

That said, ken is right. Just play boris.
    Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Swade View Post
    I've tried both elementalis and majiya against this.
    Problem found.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    A tuned Majiya is still worse to face than Boris, since it is just a damage race. At least Boris uses allies and you have more chance of impacting the game with your own moves rather than luck of opponent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    My point was that the human warrior is way too powerfull vs. other hero/races (mage, priest, elemental, whatever..) and you guys just prove my point.

It bases itself on slow development of allies/weapons/armor and since it has a healing capability (that others seem to lack) it's hard to rush a quick offensive against it. After that it gets too late since its too powerfull.

Regarding the shrieks, 4 is just not enough against KPs, several types of weapons & war banners.

League Season 3 Undisputed Champion chanson311's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Don't waste shrieks on war banner, that's day 1 shit.

But yeah, Boris is a bastard right now and he is only planned to get worse.

Try to save the shrieks for the Kings Pride and if you suspect a Berserkers Edge. If you don't sense a Berserkers edge, go for the JD.
    TJ "Old-Timer"

TEAM JUGGERNAUTS

Fan of Doctor Who

Bands I like:
    Coheed and Cambria
    Pink Floyd
    Muse
    MGMT
    Electric Light Orchestra
    And many more!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    fighting Boris with Majiya is really tricky. Majiya will need to have 2 more monsters on turn 4 to maintain field control. If lost the field early, Majiya will quickly get overwhelmed by blood frenzied Boris. Try to summon as much as possible every turn and let Gargoyle to tank some damage instead of using spells to kill ally. Then summon plasma beast (pray Boris don't have retreat in hand) or summon Carniboar+fireball at turn 5. try to save up the fireballs to finish the game whenever possible.

Do not use too many shrieks against Boris, it will only make Majiya lose the card advantage even faster. Just save up one shriek late game for King Pride.

when using Majiya, I consistently finds fighting against Amber is much easier than fighting Boris because Boris's ability make field control really difficult. Isn't Amber suppose to be better against Mage?
    Last edited by Edggy; 10-02-2011 at 07:00 AM.