Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Rogue Combos (cause we desperately need them!)

Kristoffer Wyld + Assassination.

Since Wyld's ability allows him to attack the turn he's summoned, it means he's not exhausted. Drop him, then play Assassination will guarantee a destruction of any enemy.

Once Lance gets his update, you'll be able to do this on any creature dropped as they will have gained haste. I think this will be crucial in preventing any heavy hitters like Behemoth from controlling the board.

Granted it's not the best in terms of comparison to other removal cards that other hero decks have, but it is essentially the only one rogues get.

Sound off if you have any other dirty tricks that only rogues can pull off
    Last edited by darkwonders; 10-01-2011 at 04:08 PM. Reason: changing title

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Good stuff man, playing rouge you always need to control the board, once your allies are gone it's pretty hard to pulloff an assasination especially if your opponent has a fatty in play, he'd just kill the ally you play. putting kristoffer+assassination lets you use assassinate even if your behind on the board awesome tip. Aldon+kristoffer is like a removal on its own adding this would just ramp it up. Kudos

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Dude I was thinking about the exact same combo just yesterday!

Ps: Can I suggest another topic change? Why don't we make this a general topic on good combos for rogue decks? I know they are really few right now, but maybe with future cards...

PPS: for the Aldon + Kris combo, adding a Recon could be something tasty.
    Aldon already on the board, you drop Kris and Recon and get rid of some troubles (plus 1 card, which is never bad)...
    [Of course, I'd play this one only in case i have no assassination in my hand. Or the turn after the one i played Kris+Assassinate, if they are both still in play]

PPPS: it's ROGUE not ROUGE!!!
    Last edited by TripleHBK; 10-01-2011 at 08:02 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Old news, but glad you figured that one out
    Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Another tip for rOUges lol kidding rogues, Lay low is FRIKIN awesome, with marsh sentinels retreats assasinates and Jasmine's in your deck it's like getting a turn to clear the board. reading the card alone makes it look weak but being ingame it's a game changer.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlefoot87 View Post
    Another tip for rOUges lol kidding rogues, Lay low is FRIKIN awesome, with marsh sentinels retreats assasinates and Jasmine's in your deck it's like getting a turn to clear the board. reading the card alone makes it look weak but being ingame it's a game changer.
    Lay low would be so much more awesome if it didn't waste a turn of yours. I would love it if they bumped it up to 4 and ended it after your opponent's turn. It would give you a free turn to attack

Also, Lay low prevents you from using your targets abilities as well I think.
    Last edited by darkwonders; 10-01-2011 at 04:10 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You will be able to use Misplaced to return Lay Low to your hand to make it one sided.

It doesn't prevent you from using your guy's abilities, since it stops your opponent from targeting you, but only stops you from attacking your opponent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Some Rogue combos:

-Lance ability on Birgitte/Aeon. None of your allies can be attacked because the protector has Stealth.

-Lay Low/Rain Delay + Jasmine/Marshland. They can't attack for a turn while you can use Jasmine/Marshland ability to begin to control the board.

-In 1.28 the new card Misplaced will allow you to bounce Lay Low or Rain Delay back into your hand so you can attack on your turn while they can't.

-Kris + Assassinate. As stated earlier, allows you to take advantage of his Haste and exhaust Kris when he comes into play to use Assassinate.

-Serena + Throwing Knife + Night Prowler. You hit them and draw a card AND take a card from their hand.

-Stop, Thief! + Ill Gotten Gains. You destroy an item, gain a resource and draw a card.

-Ill Gotten Gains + Assassinate. Kill an enemy ally and draw a card.

-Tainted Oracle + Earthen Protector (human allies). When the Oracle dies you draw two cards, then Earthen becomes a 4/4 Oracle and when it dies you again draw 2 cards. (draw 4 cards total).

-Marshland + Assassinate. (Say they have Shadow Knight and Plasma Bahemoth out) You use Marshland ability to bring SK to 0 attack, and then exhaust Marshland to Assassinate PB.

-Night Shade + Aldon/Recon. Night Shade now hits for 2/3, it can become quite annoying as NS has permanent stealth/ambush, they have to deal with Night Shade or their allies will dwindle down fast.

I just put out some of the random combos I know. Some of these are pretty general combos but are pretty effective and if you didn't think of the Kris + Assassinate combo then maybe some of these would help too.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Newari View Post
    ... and if you didn't think of the Kris + Assassinate combo then maybe some of these would help too.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm curious to see how effective Misplaced will be with Rain Delay/Law Low.