Close

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I totally agree with all the card's you mentioned but I believe the snowy armor card should be up there somewhere. Retreat i love this card if you have 2 retreats and your going first it's almost like you control the tempo of the whole game. Blood frenzy is crazy this should be rare. maybe deathmage can be in there? he pings for 1 and shoots for 2 it's a nightmare for human deck's when they go 2nd good thing he's unique if he wasn't this card would be expensive. two other cards that I thinks should make their way into the top is lily rosecult cause she saves space for you deck and gets you another weapon and with that sweet body (: (3/4) who doesn't like her. And finally one of my favorite card's plated sand worm he's is like weilding a weapon since he's so freakin hard to kill and he is one of my main guys when i pull out an assassination or kills buggers. Ohh and I think super nova should be in the top 10 too

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If you want me to add Snow Saphire, Lily Rosecult, SuperNova, Armored Sandworm and Death Mage Thaddeus, I need to know what is less good in your opinion, and why.
    -brontos

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Snow sapphire-is awesome in the current meta drop it down it buys you 2 or 3 turns of life. especially against hunter's warrior's and don't even get me started on wolve's as long as it isn't destroyed. it prevent's 8 damage and it's ability kind of like stop's the attack of your opponent. I dunno what will happen when the update comes with all that armor and weapon hate.

Lily rosecult- the biggest 4 drop for human's in terms of power and toughness. And she automatically gets you another armor weapon or item. she gets kings pride back she gets bow's even curse's I'd definately put here up there. when your opponents bashes an equipment you just get it back.

deathmage it a dream come true for the shadow user's out there. you can kill allies with 1 health the moment he comes into play and he is able to shoot 2 damage every turn without getting hit back. at the same time this 2 damage is like a burn since it can go through armor. this card stand's on it's own unlike aldon who need's another ally to be effective.

Super nova- It clear's the board and dishes out a whoping 5 damage. this is a staple for mage's out there. it has dual purpose it can be used as a suicidal burn when your up a bit in the game. Or it can be used to wipe out guys. I have seen many games won or tied by this card.

Sandworm- I just like this guy nobody seems to pay any attention to him till they realize he's done them wrong lol.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Brontos View Post
    ******** 1.27 TOP TEN ********

And now the card you're all waiting for...
    *** 1 ***
    RETREAT

Yes, retreat. This game is ALL about board control and tempo and you know what? This little human card gives both to you for 2 ressources cost. And it's also a source of small good combos with Lily, Kristopher, the Demon Beetle Bow or a simple damaged Aeon. You always want to have Retreat in your hand, because it's the card that will reverse the situation for you.
    By far the best tactical card of the game.

I hope you enjoyed the list. If you think I'm so wrong that I forget Shadow Knight or Shriek, I'll be glad to discuss it in this thread if you present good arguments in your favor.
    I remember during the early days of shadow era i had this awesome Land D deck, with plague and sandra trueblade retreat plus trueblade was crazy lol i miss that combo

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You have listed 5 good cards. But I'm not sure they are stronger than the other listed cards.
    It's a top 10, not a top 15. If I add your ideas, I will have to remove 5 other cards, and I don't know which ones. I can't add Snow Saphire and remove Mind Control.

Snow Saphire is a defensive card. I'm not sure if I can consider a defensive card high enough to add it in the list.
    The Sandworm is solid, but not offensive enough.
    Supernova is huge. But it has a drawback: you take 5 damages.
    Death Mage is strong, but unique. You have 2 in hand, you can't play the second. And he can't reduce opp's durability when he attacks, which is a huge issue.
    Lily is awesome. And will certainly be more awesome in a near future. I think she's 11th in my top 10 right now. I was really hesitating between her and Lightning Strike.
    -brontos

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i rechecked your list of the top 10, what you said was true can't take out anything lightning strike is the closest cause it would basically become a special delivery if there weren't any allies in play

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Drone38 View Post
    Interesting list, Brontos. Though I'd make a lot of amendments for my own top 10, I'd like to convince you of this one because I'm almost sure of it. Soul Seeker should be higher on the list than Jeweler's Dream.

Soul Seeker made Gwen viable. Soul Seeker is pretty much auto-include in all hunter decks. If there was 1 card that a hunter would hate to lose via transference/D. Ripper/etc., it would be Soul Seeker. While Jeweler's Dream is great, it still needs to combo with good draw to be awesome. Jeweler's isn't typically run in Wulven decks and isn't found in some warrior decks either. Raph's "Weapon X" deck for Logan, doesn't run Jeweler's even though it synergy with his ability.

Hands down---Soul Seeker over Jeweler's Dream
    Good points in favor of SS. Keep in mind though that this discussion is based more on the current meta, and you see a lot more of Boris and Amber than you do of Gwen and Bane. So, for 1.27, JD is a lot more influential than SS. Plus, the advantage it gives warriors-- to cast big allies and renew the resources to cast a retreat or CB for 2cc-- is too much for this card not to be considered one of the best.
    In-game name: TJ Dharvo

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    You missed one card.... Fire snake!
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Twitter: @N3rd4Christ | Skype: N3rd4Christ
    >>>>> My Trade Thread <<<<<

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Where should it be? Second? Third?
    -brontos

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    First