Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

1.27 Lance Control Deck

Been testing this out and I've had surprisingly good results so far with this deck.

Lance
    4x Jasmine
    4x Puwen
    4x Birgette
    4x Raven
    4x Marshland
    4x Tainted Oracle
    3x Earthland Protector
    4x Aeon
    4x Stop!Thief
    2x Ill Gotten Gains
    2x Crimson Vest

The allies with Lance have such great synergy.

Combos:
    Lance ability on Birgette/Aeon: they can't attack any allies now.
    TO and Earthland Protector: gain 4 cards!
    Lance ability on Birgette with other allies on board: early game it gives you the first chance to attack them.
    Aeon and Earthland: Protector: think 3/8 is tough, then try a 5/10!
    Ill Gotten Gains + Stop, Thief: Gain a card and resource while destroying their item.
    Board Control + Ill Gotten Gains: Even with Gravebone recursion you stay ahead as you draw a card each time you kill their ally.

Board Control: Raven/Jasmine/Marshland + Lance, you overwhelm them with allies that control the board.

Ill Gotten Gains is to help against those heavy draw or recursion decks that are so popular. It keeps the card advantage about even against their draw engine. IGG only helps after board is under control and I won't lose control with IGG.
    Crimson Vest is to help against early weenie + burn decks. Allows me to heal back as I take control of the board. First I reduce their attacks, get Crimson out, and kill them off to gain life as needed.

The high utility of the human creatures mixed with Lance's ability is quite strong. This starts off a little slow and picks up steam mid game. This does well against mage decks which seem to be the meta right now. You just keep pounding with mid/late game fatties.
    Last edited by Newari; 09-29-2011 at 03:14 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    IGGs is a bad card, don't use it.
    Coder of the Night -- A1 : Evolution in Theory

Member of the Player's Focus Group 1

My Decks:
    -------------

My Articles:
    My Strategy articles compilation

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This looks pretty strong actually for a Lance deck with synergy throughout. I haven't given much thought to the Oracle-Earthen combo but that is alot of cards to draw but also alot invested to get those cards.

I might remove the I'll Gotten Gains with Bad Santas because this deck will get outdrawn by most decks and I would find a way to get 2-4 Retreats! in there so you can reverse board control when you need to.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    IGG I use late game, then it helps. Using turn 5 is stupid and a waste of tempo. IGG is not that good and I resource it early on, but I'm happy to see it post turn 7. I can see why it has so many issues but I was looking for any way to get card advantage. After controlling the board by having all enemy allies with 0 attack. I can then kill their allies as needed for cards/hp.
    Last edited by Newari; 09-29-2011 at 02:35 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Von Osnabruck View Post
    This looks pretty strong actually for a Lance deck with synergy throughout. I haven't given much thought to the Oracle-Earthen combo but that is alot of cards to draw but also alot invested to get those cards.

I might remove the I'll Gotten Gains with Bad Santas because this deck will get outdrawn by most decks and I would find a way to get 2-4 Retreats! in there so you can reverse board control when you need to.
    Yes the investment is kinda steep. I kind of took the mindset I want to use expensive cc cards for more late game impact. TO is a 2/2 which is kinda weak but i'm happy to see him die and let my opponent waste time/resources killing TO. With Earthen, he is a wild card but I've really enjoyed playing him after I have allies out worth protecting (Jasmine/Raven/Aeon/TO).

Using Lance ability is key and is difficult to explain all situations.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Its not that to is good, he is just better than the other options, trust me when I say I have tested every variation of rogue deck that can work. IGG is not a card you want to use, along with crimson.
    Coder of the Night -- A1 : Evolution in Theory

Member of the Player's Focus Group 1

My Decks:
    -------------

My Articles:
    My Strategy articles compilation

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeDomination View Post
    Its not that to is good, he is just better than the other options, trust me when I say I have tested every variation of rogue deck that can work. IGG is not a card you want to use, along with crimson.
    With this mix of creatures and Lance, board control is almost a given. I've had success with IGG/Crimson so far in this deck late game.

Assassinate/Retreat/Recon are good for Board Control but are overkill.

So if you -2 IGG and -2 Crimson what would you add to this deck?
    4x Retreat?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Newari View Post
    So if you -2 IGG and -2 Crimson what would you add to this deck?
    4x Retreat?
    Or 4x Bad Santa

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    how do you fare against direct damage? or boardwipes like tidal wave? is this deck able to recover from this?
    I dont care....

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ireabor View Post
    how do you fare against direct damage? or boardwipes like tidal wave? is this deck able to recover from this?
    From what I see here,board wipes may not be a problem (you have 31 allies on 40 card deck).maybe direct damage (fast burn) will cripple this deck,as Lance himself will have a problem with his own survivability in terms of control deck...
    Shadow Era:

Every Turn Counts

"Being strong isn't just about having powers or moves...It is about HEART." - Roronoa Zoro, One Piece

PFG 2 Member "You idealize, we criticize."
    1st Singapore Meltdown Physical Tournament Winner

IGN: Berdugo ETC
    Profession: Alien Hunter