Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Did something change with the quick game rank pairing?

When 1.27 first came out I'd consistently get paired against people 165-250 (I range between 210-225 usually), but here lately I seem to be getting many matches against people in the 105-150 range.

I don't really like playing people that are still learning the game and building their decks. I had a game against a 40 card Boris today and was expecting a tough fight. Then he dropped a Sandra and I realized I was playing someone who was still using their starter deck cards. After the fight I saw he was ranked 115. Games like that aren't fun, and I feel a bit like a bully afterwards.

I thought the pairing system was supposed to be fixed to where match-ups like don't happen or are at least less likely. So has something been changed with the system since the 1.27 release?
    This beast comes out when it is 25 degrees below zero
    It can rip your head off
    It can fly as high as a bird
    It can bite your face

Theme Song

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I can confirm this.

I had those kinds of matchups recently

It's been like that the last couple of days for me

I do agree with the being a bully part

This should be fixed I believe

Because it won't be fun for new players too

Getting beaten up like that is no fun and will in a way drive them into jumping to conclusions that this game is either unbalanced, unfair or just requires cash investments just to have fun.

Playing without having to spend money was what attracted me to this game.

When I had the fun I needed, spending cash on crystals is no problem. But the game had to be fun first.

I have bought more crystals then I thought I'd ever needed because after having free loads of fun playing this game, I had no hesitation of making purchses.

I highlighted the crystal purchase because I believe that this is oftenly the problem faced by new players when they want to start building decks.

Getting bullied because of handicapped matchups is just unattractive.

Just a thought.
    A Blunt a Day, Keeps the Drama Away

bicin -
    Monk of the Fighting Budhha
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's good to read that! It's happening to me too. I thought it was bad luck, or time zone stuff.
    -brontos

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's actually due to the iOS release and more players updating to v1.27 and playing than before. Other than that, there wasn't a change to the matchmaking system. We will be refining it and closing the gap so you'll be playing with players closer to your rating though.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Good to hear.
    This beast comes out when it is 25 degrees below zero
    It can rip your head off
    It can fly as high as a bird
    It can bite your face

Theme Song

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by bicin View Post
    I can confirm this.

I had those kinds of matchups recently

It's been like that the last couple of days for me

I do agree with the being a bully part

This should be fixed I believe

Because it won't be fun for new players too

Getting beaten up like that is no fun and will in a way drive them into jumping to conclusions that this game is either unbalanced, unfair or just requires cash investments just to have fun.

Playing without having to spend money was what attracted me to this game.

When I had the fun I needed, spending cash on crystals is no problem. But the game had to be fun first.

I have bought more crystals then I thought I'd ever needed because after having free loads of fun playing this game, I had no hesitation of making purchses.

I highlighted the crystal purchase because I believe that this is oftenly the problem faced by new players when they want to start building decks.

Getting bullied because of handicapped matchups is just unattractive.

Just a thought.
    +100! I ha e been scouring over the thread
    s looking for this. Im glad someone else has a fought this to light. IMO I think matches should be against an opponent that is no more +/- 25 rating this would help the established competitive player to play competitive games and the new players "practice" games with newer players. Just a thought.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Die, You are forgiven. If I Live, I will kill you." Such is the Rule of Honor.