Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    @welpeng:

First, let me say that this is all just for discourse because I don't have very much experience playing Boris multiplayer. I'd be more certain of my words if I actually tested Boris out a bit more.

With that being said, don't you think that an extra Crippling Blow is a cheaper and more proactive card for having a similar effect as Enrage? Both are defensive cards and both keep you from dying. Enrage, however, doesn't deal with enemy allies, so the enemy ally can just continue hitting you for that same 10 damage or you could've neutralized it with Crippling Blow and prevented the damage. However, against decks like Darkclaw, Enrage seems like the obvious choice.

Your comments with Puwen are spot on. Blake is mainly good for being easy to get to up to 4 attack with either War Banner or Aldon and dealing with those 4 health enemy allies. Puwen seems the more versatile of the two.

Your point with Aeon is also important and interesting. Hmm...but I also sorta see Aeon as a better version of Enrage in a sense, although they don't exactly save you in the same way. I'd rather have 1 Aeon than 1 Enrage. There are a few really long games where Aeon comes in handy in my Eladwen deck, but with all the buffing power of both War Banner and Aldon and the drawing power of Blood Frenzy to build a low cost but high damage army, it seems Aeon might not be the right fit for this deck. Valiant Defender is the better choice.

I updated my decklist but I'm still on the fence thinking about it and am about to just now give it a try in multiplayer..

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @Narziss:

Maybe I'm not a skillful player, or the way I played Warrior deck was wrong. Cause I often died because of my own Blood Frenzy, or having no cards to draw then slowly dying. So I would like to see one Enlarge in my deck. Maybe I should be more aggressive like putting 4 Blake in deck and killing my opponent first before no cards to draw?

Enlarge is very good when fighting Darkclaw. And an archenemy for Poison Gas and Engulfing Flame. (however, I didn't see many tier-1 decks use Gas or Flame). Or put you away from the dangerous edge being killed by Mage's direct damage. Or could buy you three more turns to kill your opponent (losing 3 damage each turn: one by Blood Frenzy, two by no cards to draw). But like I said above, maybe I was using the wrong way to play Warrior deck. A good Warrior player might be more aggressive and kill his opponent faster. So all these scenario won't happen. (besides fighting Darkclaw).

And your updated deck was so aggressive!
    2 cost: 18!!
    3 cost: 7
    4 cost: 4
    Maybe it's the right way to play Human Warrior.

But I still thought that Aeon is very handy sometimes. So I would try put one Aeon in the deck, but no more than two.

Waiting for your test. I didn't play much these two days. Since my ranking above 330, half opponents quit the game in the first two turns. It's very unfun for me. The situation gets worse when ranking higher.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @Narziss:

I cut Puwen today, but put in full Crippling Blow, full Blake and 2-3 juicy Jasmine Rosecult. Cause I found that I had not much chance to play a turn 2 ally (if opponent went first and played Blake, it's a very common opening). But I always could Crippling Blow opponent's turn 2 ally, it's a fair deal for me. And you're right, 3 attack is important. There are too many 4 health allies. Jasmine has a (literally) nice body, she wouldn't be killed by Blake or Aldon, but you could always follow a Warbanner or Aldon to kill their 4 health ally.

It's a very passive play. But considering the first move advantage in this game, this adjustment made me more comfortable. Still testing though.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'd like to try a boris deck but i think that whatever the decklist now, when the weapons are out it will change drastically.
    "When I get sad I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead. True story!"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A1: Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Scion View Post
    I'd like to try a boris deck but i think that whatever the decklist now, when the weapons are out it will change drastically.
    Don't worry, there will still be at least one week. (Devs will send the update to Apple for review this week, and usually it needs days to approve). And the game was just out of beta and entering App Store not one week yet! I think that before the first iOS update, I might change my mind and fall in love with another Hero. (maybe Majiya? People said she's a such hot bloody chick). So seize the time and enjoy your deck now.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

True. Some heros don't work without weapons cause their skills are irrelevant.
    Looking forward to see what happens when the weapons are out. Single hero decks like the Darkclaw some poeple play right now should be interesting.

Hi guys! Hes my decklist:

1 Boris

2 Jasmine Rosecult
    4 Sandra Trueblade
    4 Puwen Bloodhelm
    4 Blake Windrunner
    4 Aldon the Brave
    1 Aeon Stormcaller

3 War Banner
    4 Cripping Blow
    3 Blood Frenzy.
    __
    30 cards

So I must tell you that I'm not fully satisfied with this deck. I like it a lot, but something isn't right. Jasmine isnt helpful, he is basically a 3/4 for costing 3. Her ability is so late game that she cant do more than attack.
    This lone Aeon seems fine, but not the right option.
    Sandra is nice, but too slow. The whole deck is basead on Puwen, Blake and Aldon.
    Theres no need to 4 War Banners, most times I use then as a sacrifice, just like an extra Blood Frenzy. Which btw sometimes didn't helped me.
    The fact is, this deck has no finisher! Theres no spell that can kill you opponent when his at 1 life.

I dont have the money right now, but I'll buy some Erika Shadowhunter. Maybe updating my list to this:

1 Boris

3 Erika Shadowhunter
    4 Puwen Bloodhelm
    4 Blake Windrunner
    4 Aldon the Brave

4 Special Delivery
    3 War Banner
    4 Cripping Blow
    3 Blood Frenzy.
    __
    30 cards

Cost / Cards
    2 15
    3 7
    4 4
    5 3

What do you say?
    Taste my blade!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @Erick Carjes: You're not taking advantage of the second best Warrior card out there. Next to Blood Frenzy, Valiant Defender is a must 4 x include in Warrior decks. It gives you board control, negates Portals, and gives you an ally lock when combined with Aeon. It might help your deck out even more since you've gone the "weenie" creature route. I would try and work in Valiant Defenders into your first list. I like it better than the latter.

@Kadun yeah, maybe you're right. I'll give it a shot. But I still think this deck needs to be more agressive, and maybe Valiant Defender isn't the card that I'm missing.

I'll try it!
    Taste my blade!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    sandra x4 is the card you're missing