Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Advice for my Majiya Deck?

Hello community,

I was wondering if anyone could advise me on how to better my Majiya deck. My rating is still increasing and has yet to plateau but I'm having trouble versus certain heroes like Jericho, Gwenneth, and other mages. My games always start off strong but I tend to loose control sometimes late game.

Anyways...

1 Majiya
    4 Hellsteed
    4 Dark Flayer
    4 Thaddeus
    4 Plasma Behemoth
    2 Shriek
    4 Fireball
    4 Lightning
    2 Super Nova
    1 Snow Sapphire
    IGN:NexHarbinger

1.27 - Boris 40, Majiya 30

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Your deck already looks fairly solid. A few suggestions to tighten it up a bit:

-4 Hellsteed, +4 Fire Snake: the only real difference between Hellsteed and Fire Snake is that Hellsteed can't do any damage unless you have a second ally on the board.

Play around with -1 Thaddeus or -1 Plasma Behemoth for +1 Super Nova. You might find it helps you with those situations where you're losing control late in the game.

Play around with swapping Flayers, Carniboars, and Brutalisks. They all have relative strengths and weaknesses, but some might help in your frustrating matchups more than others.

Honestly, your deck doesn't really need a lot of tweaking beyond that. You're at the point where if you're losing consistently to certain builds, you might just need to consider your plays and figure out ways to outmaneuver them.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaDucky View Post
    Your deck already looks fairly solid. A few suggestions to tighten it up a bit:

-4 Hellsteed, +4 Fire Snake: the only real difference between Hellsteed and Fire Snake is that Hellsteed can't do any damage unless you have a second ally on the board.

Play around with -1 Thaddeus or -1 Plasma Behemoth for +1 Super Nova. You might find it helps you with those situations where you're losing control late in the game.

Play around with swapping Flayers, Carniboars, and Brutalisks. They all have relative strengths and weaknesses, but some might help in your frustrating matchups more than others.

Honestly, your deck doesn't really need a lot of tweaking beyond that. You're at the point where if you're losing consistently to certain builds, you might just need to consider your plays and figure out ways to outmaneuver them.
    While that's true in theory, Hellsteed have the advantage that they can pool the damage together on a single point, thus being much more effective at getting through armor and Gargoyles. Also they don't get attacked back so it's like having Snakes with Ambush, which makes them much better than Snakes mid to late game IMO.

About the deck, if you feel you're losing steam in the late game, but can't actually do enough damage in the early game to finish it up with DD then you might wanna consider focusing more on one of those 2 aspects. Either go all out weenie rush, getting rid of the PB and the like or focus on a more control oriented approach, getting rid of the Steeds and the like. Both strategies have their pros and cons and can be very strong.
    Last edited by crazygambit; 09-26-2011 at 10:18 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by crazygambit View Post
    While that's true in theory, Hellsteed have the advantage that they can pool the damage together on a single point, thus being much more effective at getting through armor and Gargoyles. Also they don't get attacked back so it's like having Snakes with Ambush, which makes them much better than Snakes mid to late game IMO.
    Those are good points. My horizons have officially been broadened!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

card draw

you need like 2 to 3 research i think. My deck has 3 research and 3 brutalis as the 2cc. you lose control because you rely too heavily on ally to win. IMO majiya is not all about control, get snakes, brutalis and gargoyle to do early dmg, then just sit on research, burn spells, majiya ability to do the last 10-15 points of dmg. at the moment, Gwennth just owns your deck once she gets soul seeker.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm no pro, but I also vote for gargoyles. In my Maj deck I am running 4 FB, 4 LS, 2 SN same as you. I have 4 gargs and 4 carni's though, instead of flayers and thaddeus. I only run 2 PB's, but I run Shadow Knights with Portal. If I don't come out the gate strongly enough, I want to do more damage with any allies I have down in a single turn, then Gwen can heal with the Soul bow. Gargoyle's tend to give opponents a lot of problems. Soul Seeker can't take them out with one hit, and I've had a few opponents quit late game when I have 2-3 Gargs on the board and a portal out for next turn. But again, I'm still new and learning myself. My Maj deck is currently my best one, with the most wins.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Funny is, im testing rush majiya n thus, you deploy one or two cards at 1 turn, which make me easily have few cards left on hands.
    I feel research is too slow for this strategy, instead i put in bad santa.

But, you need to know when to cast bad santa

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I would use:

2 Gargoyle
    3 Plasma
    4 Snake
    4 Flayer
    2 Death Mage
    4 FBall
    4 Lightning
    2 Nova
    2 Shriek
    2 Snow Saphire

Aim for ping damage early on and DD hero. Use armor vs Gwen or very late game vs other heroes if you feel it will survive (it usually won't). Always aim to damage hero each turn and stay ahead on health. Play allies when you can, they buy time if opponent attacks them, except against Gwen. Works fine 200-220 level, not much fun though.
    Must insert something witty here