Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

need add black list for multi play

someone is not welcome

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Unfortunately you can't do that, or people would just add good players to it to avoid games they dont want to play
    Calmdown * Shadow Era Designer * Logan Stonebreaker & Brutal Minotaur Fan Club

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Calmdown View Post
    Unfortunately you can't do that, or people would just add good players to it to avoid games they dont want to play
    +2
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Die, You are forgiven. If I Live, I will kill you." Such is the Rule of Honor.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What difference would it make if people black-listed good players to avoid tough fights. It would only hurt those foolish enough to do so. If you are worried about people doing it to gain rank, they would have to face good players due to their rank being too high to be paired with easy opponents. This is, if the rating match-up system ever gets straightened out and works as intended.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    No Alucard, just no.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Maybe a blacklist that blocks only chats and messages, but not being paired in a game?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Giskard View Post
    No Alucard, just no.
    I'm not really for or against the idea of a black list option,(not one that bans people, but rather stops that person from being able to be paired against you), but the idea has crossed my mind a time or two. Especially when I lose rank due to people exploiting bugs for the win. You could even make it so anyone who adds another to their BL, has to submit a reason and it has to be approved by a moderator( see, I've even created myself a job at wolven)

Anyway, I found this thread interesting and would like to see what others think of the Pros and Cons of having a black-list.
    Last edited by Alucard; 09-30-2011 at 03:54 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
    ....Especially when I lose rank due to people exploiting bugs for the win....
    What are you talking about? How are people doing that?
    IGN: TJ BlueJet24

Founder of Team Juggernauts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluejet24 View Post
    What are you talking about? How are people doing that?
    There were ways in previous versions that have been fixed but now people with iOS devices can cause the "no-timer" bug if they start losing and go afk until there opponent leaves the game.
    Last edited by Alucard; 09-30-2011 at 04:42 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    We have more information at our disposal and it's even hard for us to definitively say sometimes if someone is exploiting the turn timer bug. But as always, just because a player experiences some sort of unfavorable outcome, they will just assume and blame it on their opponent. Now, perhaps it may actually be an issue with your opponent's end; however, I find the amount of seemingly blatant scapegoating that some people engage in to be rather unbecoming.

I would not support having the option to have player blacklists for matchups. This is not a step forward in terms of functionality but a step backwards in terms of a community.