Close

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by XLegion View Post
    So who gets to hide out in the trashcan and wait to ambush people?
    The first time I saw that .gif I laughed for a good 10 minutes.
    Homie got socked... hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnAdolt View Post
    tastefully--you can see a mirroring of this in the back and forths by Creepshow and friends

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What .gif file is this, I don't think I've seen it. Link please.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ok, let me intervene here...

During my day job I have to deal with <"!CONSTRUCTIVE!"> criticism every day. I edit commercials all day and have people tell me what they like/dislike about my work and what they want changed.

If someone said something like this...

-------

Really have to lol at your commercial...
    Why don't you call it "Lame Commercial" lmfao.
    This commercial is so uninspired.

This commercial must be your rough draft.
    (insert dicky one liner).

--------

I would have to say "f*** you"

Sooooo, basically all these peeps are saying "f*** you" for Kyle : )

Remember! It's not constructive criticism if you start out with an insult.

/bow
    /good day sir

/I said GOOD DAY!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think Creepshow was just trying to say certain decks are overpowered and it's frustrating. He was probably trying to be funny but it came out rude.

I agree the game is not balanced and yet I haven't heard anyone say they think it is. Some people have suggested that's normal for tactical games to be unbalanced, and you just need to build decks to combat what's popular. I think typically that is good suggestion, but in this case it is too unbalanced even for that. For example I really want to play with a priest deck but it's just not currently feasible. I've managed to win a couple games with a priest resource destruction deck, but I don't believe it's possible to make a priest deck that will consistently win.

I've also heard the suggestion, "if you don't like it, don't play it." This is poor attitude. Better to sympathize with frustrations and ask for specific changes that could be made.

As far as specific changes, here's mine:

1. Keep the persistent damage, but take away the first strike damage model. I think this is a fundamental design flaw because it gives too much power to who plays first and too much power to players who are already ahead. Everyone seems to agree Portal is broken and I think this damage model is the reason why. The only way I could see this damage model working is if everyone had Portal ability all the time. Kyle stated in an interview that he designed the damage system that way to discourage players building up large armies which can result in slow games. I think that is wise goal but more a result of defender getting to choose which creatures to block with. I think removing first strike or summoning sickness will still encourage attacking but be more fair.

2. Change hero abilities to require resources to be used. Being able to wipe the board with Neshaven and then being able to play a big creature on the same turn is too powerful. It should cost resources to use hero abilities so Neshaven's ability is more comparable to playing something like Tidal Wave or Energy Discharge. The same goes with Eladwen and the other heroes. She basically gets a free fireball every 3 (soon 4) turns. It should cost resources so on turn 3 she has the option of playing fireball or a 3 cost card, but not both. If this isn't changed, damage dealing hero abilities should be changed to do much less damage.

3. Make minimum deck size 40 cards.

I also have lots of specific suggestions for individual cards but it would probably be better for me to add those to the card pages themselves.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Volpe View Post
    2. Change hero abilities to require resources to be used. Being able to wipe the board with Neshaven and then being able to play a big creature on the same turn is too powerful. It should cost resources to use hero abilities so Neshaven's ability is more comparable to playing something like Tidal Wave or Energy Discharge. The same goes with Eladwen and the other heroes. She basically gets a free fireball every 3 (soon 4) turns. It should cost resources so on turn 3 she has the option of playing fireball or a 3 cost card, but not both. If this isn't changed, damage dealing hero abilities should be changed to do much less damage.
    Hero powers did require resources instead of Shadow Energy initially. At the time, there weren't all that many heroes available (I believe we had Nishaven and Majiya), and Nishaven having access to a "Mininova" (a weaker Supernova) every turn from turn 5 onwards was pretty broken. Note that the cardpool was quite a bit smaller back then; I don't think Portal had been implemented, most of the current Human allies weren't available, and so on.

Basically, Shadow Energy was implemented to prevent players from using a strong hero power over and over, such as that of Nishaven.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Lol I think Ppl went off topic here but yes I also got a good laugh. As for suggestions, I agree with most of what Craig said, but personally thing hero ability count generation is fine. This is similar to planeswalkers (GO Jace!), but at least u had to activate their adding non-powerful ability a few times before u could nuke ( Chandra ). So either that or resources requirements. And yes a min of 40 is not that bad of an idea.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    Ok, let me intervene here...

During my day job I have to deal with <"!CONSTRUCTIVE!"> criticism every day. I edit commercials all day and have people tell me what they like/dislike about my work and what they want changed.

If someone said something like this...

-------

Really have to lol at your commercial...
    Why don't you call it "Lame Commercial" lmfao.
    This commercial is so uninspired.

This commercial must be your rough draft.
    (insert dicky one liner).

--------

I would have to say "f*** you"

Sooooo, basically all these peeps are saying "f*** you" for Kyle : )
    If you're going to chime in, get it right.
    Where was my insult in my opening comment?
    "This game truly is in "beta" phase and I'm glad it was free?"
    I stated a fact, not an insult, learn the difference.

Second, if you made a commerical that was missing actors/someone forgot the script,
    what-have-you, and you were saying it was the final draft before being aired on tv,
    you can bet your sorry a$$ I'd tell you it stinks.
    tastefully--you can see a mirroring of this in the back and forths by Creepshow and friends

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What .gif file is this, I don't think I've seen it. Link please.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hYDYrdiYX8

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Creepshow View Post
    Really have to lol at the "multiplayer" in this game...
    Why don't they call it "Mage Portal Mode" lmfao.
    This game is so 1 sided, it's all about the human mage portal deck.
    Beyond overpowered and nothing can beat it except the same deck.

This game truly is in "beta" phase and I'm glad it was free.
    Thanks for that.

Let's put this bad boy through the Constructivator-Omatic 3000.

/lift
    /drop in Constructivator-Omatic 3000

CHUGGACHAGGA PTTFFFPPFFFFTT FFFFFFFFFFF

/spit out

Quote Originally Posted by Creepshow View Post
    Really have to say the "multiplayer" in this game leaves more to be desired...
    The mages seem to be a bit overpowered atm.
    This game seems so 1 sided, it's all about the human mage portal deck.
    Beyond overpowered and nothing seems beat it except the same deck.

This game feels like it's still in "beta" phase.
    This game is enjoyable, but to keep me interested I think you need to work on the ballance a bit more.
    Thanks for putting it out for free!
    See the difference?

While I agree with everything you have to say in the first statement. It comes off as rude.

The statement that the Constructivator-Omatic 3000 put out packs the same punch and message and probably wouldn't have a thread with 6 pages of arguments back and forth. : )

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Quorlan View Post
    As frequent CCG players who play competitively know, deck building on a competitive level involved some deep looking into the meta game, analyzing the field of current decks and play styles and devise methods to deal with those things. Sure Eladwen is the most common hero in use right now and Human Mage Portal decks seem to have an advantage at the moment. However, as many have argued, there are alternatives out there. Right now a portal Eledwen deck is probably the easiest to put together and use, which is part of what makes it popular. But as the popularity of this kind of deck plateaus, other styles of decks will begin to emerge, especially once new cards are added. And once the game has its full complement of 200 first edition cards all in the card pool, things are going to get very interesting indeed. Just wait, next week (or the one after that) when 25 new cards are added, including 10 weapons and 10 armor cards, things are going to start to shift. Other heroes will become significantly more viable and other strategies and styles will emerge and poor Eladwen may begin to fall from her lofty perch atop the current metagame field. When that happens and a new deck archetype emerges as commonly victorious, the complainers will just shift their focus to the new reigning deck design, while those players who truly appreciate the metagame will head back to the drawing board to devise strategies to compensate for whatever new strategy is reigning.

This is the way CCGs have worked since the first Magic release. My advice would be to quit complaining and start studying the cards available to find ways to deal with whatever is frustrating your path to victory

And never lose sight of the fact that this is a game and the whole point of a game is to take the challenge before you and overcome it, not bitch about it. If that's all you can do, you might as well go home and crawl back under your rock. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's NOT for the timid!

Q

I agree with you 100%, Q. But the truth remains that Eladwen's ability itself is overpowered. 3 turns to deal 4 damage to any ally is a bit much. Compare it to Bonecrusher, who can destroy a 4 or below casting cost ally every FOUR turns.