1x research
    1x supernova
    2x arcane burst
    2x bloodlust
    4x shriek

very similar builds, basically just 10 cards removed to make it 30

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    4 shrieks is kind of excessive, also you don't really need research if your running Bella+sk
    Coder of the Night -- A1 : Evolution in Theory

Member of the Player's Focus Group 1

My Decks:
    -------------

My Articles:
    My Strategy articles compilation

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    why are 4 shrieks excessive? so many gwen decks out there. what would you suggest to replace the research with?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlyn0 View Post
    why are 4 shrieks excessive? so many gwen decks out there. what would you suggest to replace the research with?
    4 Shrieks is excessive because you won't ever use more than 1 or 2 in almost all of your games. I would suggest replacing them with more Supernovas, because you will usually only use one of them, but you will NEED it in many games, so you need to be sure you'll draw it in time, or that if you need to resource it, you can still draw into more of them.

Also, I agree that Research should come out if you're going to be playing so many SK/Bellas. It's just not needed. Finally, you should look into replacing all the Keldors with 4x Gargoyle. They're harder to kill and won't suck up your precious resources, so they're generally better creatures.

Everything else in the deck looks pretty decent!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Replace research with SS. SS is really on their for Gwen, but it really helps.
    Coder of the Night -- A1 : Evolution in Theory

Member of the Player's Focus Group 1

My Decks:
    -------------

My Articles:
    My Strategy articles compilation

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    *rubber stamps all the comments so far*

Supernova both saves your life and seals the win.

Also: find a place for portal if you can. Seriously. It's a game winner too.
    Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    +1 Snow Sapphire will help take care of Gwen
    A1 Ancient | Ign: A1 FIGGA

http://www.a1-alliance.org/forums/

Junior Member Morpheous Unleashed's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    40 Majiya

4x keldor
    3x behemoth
    4x belladonna
    2x dark flayer
    3x death mage
    3x shadow knight

4x fireball
    4x lightning strike
    2x research
    1x supernova
    3x bloodlust
    4x shriek

30 Majiya

3x keldor
    2x behemoth
    3x belladonna
    2x dark flayer
    2x death mage
    2x shadow knight

3x fireball
    4x lightning strike
    1x research
    1x supernova
    2x arcane burst
    2x bloodlust
    4x shriek

very similar builds, basically just 10 cards removed to make it 30
    I'm relatively new to Shadow Era, but have been playing Magic the Gathering off and on since 1994. I found this game while searching for a Magic app on my Android. That said, I gravitated to Majiya rather quickly because of her card drawing ability. If card draw is king in magic, than it must be in this game too! Here is what I have been playing (40 cards):

1 Majiya

4 Dark Flayer
    4 Infernal Gargoyle
    3 Death Mage
    3 Shadow Knight
    2 Plasma Behemoth

4 Fireball
    4 Lightning Strike
    2 Arcane Burst
    1 Poison Gas
    1 Shadowspawn
    3 Supernova
    4 Shriek of Vengeance
    2 Research

2 Snow Sapphire

This is more of a mid-late game Majiya. The flayers seems good against human decks, especially against that annoying 1/1 haste guy. I usually sac them against shadow because they die easy to enemy death mages. If I were you I would ditch the Keldors (too resource intensive), and Bellas (you already have great card draw, and she dies too easily). The gargoyles are far more durable. Ideally I will fight for board control using my burn spells to kill enemy allies, and hopefully drop a behemoth on turn 5. They will go out of their way to kill it, and turn 6 I will drop a SK, recurring the behemoth and shriek their card draw engine (staff/bazaar).

The burn spells speak for themselves, though I see in your 30 you only have 3 fireballs. I would never use less than 4 fireballs and 4 LS. The Arcane Bursts are rather situational, though I've included them to help fight off the hordes of weenie decks I see a lot of since the update. I would also up your supernova count. It is really important to have one in hand if you are getting zerged by a horde of allies. The single poison gas is nice if you find yourself in a war of attrition, I would always sac it against priests though. I use the single shadowspawn against certain decks that I occasionally run into, like moonstalker, because it can disrupt their entire strategy. It's not bad against boris either if you need to get some creatures down and he's sitting on like 6 se.

I think 4 shrieks are the right number, even in 30 card. There are just too many rapidfire gwen decks, and berserk amber decks out there. Basically I look at what hero I'm playing against, and look at my opening hand. If it's Gwen/Amber I hold my shrieks. If it's not, then I sac them. Later in the game, say by turn 6, I will use them on my opponent's card draw, nuking their bazaar (or staff if priest). They are just too useful to not include 4 of. It nukes hex/staff (priest), war banner and king's pride (warrior), soul seeker (gwen), etc.

The snow saph is there basically just as auto-win against the ubiquitous gwen decks, I usually just sac them if playing anyone else, though I might keep it around against human mages if I draw it later, and am getting zerged, since they can't destroy it.

Anyway, hope this helps!

~ John

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Morpheous Unleashed View Post
    I'm relatively new to Shadow Era, but have been playing Magic the Gathering off and on since 1994. I found this game while searching for a Magic app on my Android. That said, I gravitated to Majiya rather quickly because of her card drawing ability. If card draw is king in magic, than it must be in this game too! Here is what I have been playing (40 cards):

1 Majiya

4 Dark Flayer
    4 Infernal Gargoyle
    3 Death Mage
    3 Shadow Knight
    2 Plasma Behemoth

4 Fireball
    4 Lightning Strike
    2 Arcane Burst
    1 Poison Gas
    1 Shadowspawn
    3 Supernova
    4 Shriek of Vengeance
    2 Research

2 Snow Sapphire

This is more of a mid-late game Majiya. The flayers seems good against human decks, especially against that annoying 1/1 haste guy. I usually sac them against shadow because they die easy to enemy death mages. If I were you I would ditch the Keldors (too resource intensive), and Bellas (you already have great card draw, and she dies too easily). The gargoyles are far more durable. Ideally I will fight for board control using my burn spells to kill enemy allies, and hopefully drop a behemoth on turn 5. They will go out of their way to kill it, and turn 6 I will drop a SK, recurring the behemoth and shriek their card draw engine (staff/bazaar).

The burn spells speak for themselves, though I see in your 30 you only have 3 fireballs. I would never use less than 4 fireballs and 4 LS. The Arcane Bursts are rather situational, though I've included them to help fight off the hordes of weenie decks I see a lot of since the update. I would also up your supernova count. It is really important to have one in hand if you are getting zerged by a horde of allies. The single poison gas is nice if you find yourself in a war of attrition, I would always sac it against priests though. I use the single shadowspawn against certain decks that I occasionally run into, like moonstalker, because it can disrupt their entire strategy. It's not bad against boris either if you need to get some creatures down and he's sitting on like 6 se.

I think 4 shrieks are the right number, even in 30 card. There are just too many rapidfire gwen decks, and berserk amber decks out there. Basically I look at what hero I'm playing against, and look at my opening hand. If it's Gwen/Amber I hold my shrieks. If it's not, then I sac them. Later in the game, say by turn 6, I will use them on my opponent's card draw, nuking their bazaar (or staff if priest). They are just too useful to not include 4 of. It nukes hex/staff (priest), war banner and king's pride (warrior), soul seeker (gwen), etc.

The snow saph is there basically just as auto-win against the ubiquitous gwen decks, I usually just sac them if playing anyone else, though I might keep it around against human mages if I draw it later, and am getting zerged, since they can't destroy it.

Anyway, hope this helps!

~ John
    that was a very elaborative explanation

i like it

it really helped me get the idea of a good way to play majiya

to be honest, i've never played very well using majiya

but your explanation gave me a glimpse of light

i think you should post it on your own thread though

so people can ask you about it
    A Blunt a Day, Keeps the Drama Away

bicin -
    Monk of the Fighting Budhha
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Junior Member Morpheous Unleashed's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by bicin View Post
    that was a very elaborative explanation

i like it

it really helped me get the idea of a good way to play majiya

to be honest, i've never played very well using majiya

but your explanation gave me a glimpse of light

i think you should post it on your own thread though

so people can ask you about it
    I'm sure there are many more experienced players on these boards that are better at running Majiya than I am. I'm glad you found my advice helpful though. Feel free to ask me whatever you'd like and I'd be happy to offer you what insight I can