Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

TrueSkill Rankings Question/Concern

So I was googling the XBox TrueSkill rankings system to learn more about how it works, and I note on the Wikipedia Page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_Live#TrueSkill) they say:

"By design, players cannot easily play with their friends in ranked games. However, these countermeasures have failed due to techniques such as alternate account(s) and system flaws where each system has its own individual trueskill rating. To provide less competitive games, the system supports unranked Player Matches, which allow individuals of any skill level to be paired (often including "guests" on an account). Such matches do not contribute to the TrueSkill rating."

Will this be incorporated in Shadow Era?

That is, one could easily boost their rating by just playing rigged games against friends.

There was a guy who cheated the ELO chess ranking system by artificially inflating his rating (he was in prison at the time, trained the other prisoners, than constantly beat the to boost his ranking a ton).

Thus why TrueSkill doesn't let you play ranked with your friends (but you can do matches that don't count towards your rating).

How will or how should this this be addressed?

Any thoughts anyone?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah, I'd like to see the option for unrated games. You might trash-talk your friend after winning but you probably don't want to lower a friend's rating.

As for cheating, come on people, man up, don't cheat. Except you women, please don't man up, women should look like women. And I hope there are some system measures in place for detecting possible cheating.
    Last edited by AnAdolt; 02-27-2011 at 05:28 AM. Reason: said people too much

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Wonder why anyone would cheat in this game, cheating to get a higher rating doesn't mean you are strong.
    To survive in this era, I must crush and annihilate all opposing enimies. Mages are my sworn enemy.