Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Eladwin madness!

Eladwin is quickly becoming ravager affinity.

Anyone have anti ravager? I've been trying out an elemental deck with transferances and mind controls to steal the opponent's aeon, but there is currently a glitch that if you steal the aeon, his effect remains forever on eladwin's side. Any suggestions for countering Eladwin?

My ideal Elemental deck would be this:
    Hero: Zaladar
    Allies:
    4x spark
    2x infernal gargoyle
    4x plasma behemoth
    4x bad wolf

non ally:
    2x energy discharge
    4x transferance
    2x mind control
    1x shard of power
    2x eternal renewal
    4x here be monsters

If you go first, and you have 2-4 sparks in hand, throw them out as soon as possible. If not, stall them at two resource with HBM until you can use transferance to get something useful, like Aeon or portal. If they play aldron(or whatever the name for the guy who gives +1 attack if it's your turn) mind control him asap.

If you go second, don't play any sparks even if you have all 4, use HBM and bad wolves to stall until you can transfer something useful.

This deck also beats every wulven deck I've met and other decks that don't have as much prestige. any suggestions?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I came in thinking this would be some thread about an Eladwen deck, but it's not--which is a good thing, but just thought I'd mention it.

My Zaladar PvP deck is similar to this. More Infernal Gargoyles, less Plasma Behemoth, less Bad Wolf, less Transference, more Mind Control, no Shard, less Eternal Renewal, and no Here Be Monsters. I actually have some Brutalis and Bazaar. But I haven't PvPed lately so it might not be as good as it was. Thankfully, Mind Control is fixed in the next patch so you can steal all the Aeons you want without the current side-effect.

EDIT: Also, is that a spelling mistake in the thread title or conscious pun?
    Last edited by AnAdolt; 02-27-2011 at 05:15 AM. Reason: add edit comment

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You can't beat him. Deal with it...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've noticed a few people refer to Eladwen as he/him. Eladwen is female. Remember kids, check for Adam's Apples.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Boobies?
    But latelyi have seen quite a few Nishaven and that human male warrior decks around. Actually I see more of those than Eladwen. Maybe someday those will be able to get to top 20 by beating the other warrior Or Nishaven decks.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by AnAdolt View Post
    I've noticed a few people refer to Eladwen as he/him. Eladwen is female. Remember kids, check for Adam's Apples.
    Adam's apples are easily sand-papered off. . In the end you gotta touch her cheek for five o'clock shadow.

But in all seriousness, Eladwen is quickly becoming the deck and either patching her so she is nerfed or banning some cards seems to be the only way to get people to try different decks. And five hundred people all using the same pool of 200 cards doesn't allow for much variance in the first place, so what we really need is an expansion pack.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i"m very bored about this forst mage since almost everyone play it. btw, my grave mage still have a chance to win it about 80% if i get to play first ^^

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by AnAdolt View Post
    Lol. You could check a bit lower too, but I guess the risk of taking a fireball is too high
    "In order to survive, we cling to all we know and understand. And we label it reality."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I meant for that advice in real life. Not with Eladwen. By the way, Anurak meant for his advice to be taken in real life as well.

@Roderick What? Really? Adam's Apples can be sanded off? As for facial hair, some few women have facial hair too so I'm not sure that's a plausible check. And maybe we should continue this in PM since the discussion is only 50% pertinent to the thread; the "madness" part.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ok, here's my revision on Zaladar.
    4x Infernal Gargoyle
    2x Plasma behemoth
    1x Bad wolf
    2x energy discharge
    4x spark
    4x transference
    4x mind contrail
    2x eternal renewal
    4x here be monsters
    2x bazaar
    total: 29

Gargoyle is best defense against Eladwen it seems. also I seem to always start with 2-3 HBMs in hand and my opponent can never recover from losing so many resources while I just bide my time to play a behemoth or steal an Aeon a la transference.

Transference also can't be used willy nilly, when they have played like two cheap spells and they are at 2-4 resource you know something big is coming next. That is the best time to use transference, and even if it's a dud you have something to dump in your resources and they have one less card in hand

2x eternal renewal because Slowclaw is impossible to lose against this way.
    Bazaar is in because you'll notice there are no other 2 drops, so bazaar might as well be used instead of missing a turn doing nothing.

When the new patch comes in, this may become THE DECK over Eladwin because Aeon will not be glitched with mind contrail.

also in general, you want to save sparks until you have 3+ in hand or they will die in a snap.