4x Stoneskin Gargoyle
    2x Chimera or plasma behemoth

Spells

4x Portal
    4x Lightning Bolt
    3x Research
    3x Rain Delay
    2x Bloodlust

the idea is to stall until you can portal out belladonna and then keep her coming with gravebone. keldor is not quite the house i thought he was when i first saw him but he is solid. chimera is ok and he is mainly in there for his 1 cost ability because i hate leaving spare mana around each turn.

initially i was trying fire snake and brutalis with blood lust but they belong in the shadow elemental deck. Rain delay and lightning bolt are there to combat human allies who come online much earlier. research isnt that great but bazaar is too dangerous.

this deck leans heavily on portal so dont bother using it against ter adun and maybe steer away from clerics as well.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by imanujakku View Post
    research is one of the best cards in the game
    Fixed that for you.

Looks like it could be fun, but maybe a little slow. How's it worked out for you?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I was working on a Gravebone + Portal + Plasma Behemoth deck that's similar to this. It had Belladonna as well. Kinda got bored, cause I don't like Portal decks, so it's shelved but Gravebone + Portal is pretty evil. I had Infernal Gargoyle in it because it's a thorn against mage decks and their chipping damage. Had Fire Snake and Extra Sharp for keeping them busy in the early rounds before Portal. And had Here Be Monsters too.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    research plays very different if you arent using eladwen and her efficient human allies. you have to use it at least once to get it to replace itself and use it twice to get card advantage. 6 resources for a 1 card advantage ? card drawing is carefully tuned in this game with the exception of blood frenzy which could be insane when warriors get equips.

in this deck at the point you start having 2 spare resources keldor and chimera are pumping and belladonna is sucking up 4 mana.

this deck is mid range. traditionally its very hard to win in the mid range in most ccgs since usually you arent resilient enough to beat rush and too slow to beat stall but the combo is very good if you can get it to stick. when there is a universal disenchant i dont see portal being as viable. it is powerful but you do cost yourself turn 4 setting it up and if your opponent went first and can simply disenchant your portal on his next turn i think it would be hard to recover.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yes, you can look at Research that way. You can also look at it from the standpoint of gaining you cards when you don't have any in your hand and all your resource would go to waste for nothing. When you've run out of cards in your hand and have nothing to play, you can't keep riding your wave of advantage. Or perhaps you're getting beat instead and you've ran out of cards so without Research, your match slips further. But between Research and Blood Frenzy, I'd choose it more often than Research.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    again i think research is a different card playing eladwen + human allies. eladwen can easily cast 2 cards a turn by 4 and unless you are playing fire snake and brutalis gravebone is cast one per turn until turn 6. gravebone is his own research. digging out a creature to either recast or use as a resource next turn in place of direct damage spell you might have had to use as a resource. if there was some better 2 cost stuff for shadow i would probably use it in place of research. the card i would love to have is the human unsummon card...that would be the perfect card to stall with until portal and belladonna are online.