Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Lily maybe?
    -brontos

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Brontos View Post
    Earthland protector has a card advantage innate issue. He just dies for free when the the opponent chooses so. That's not really good.
    But if it works well in this deck, then keep it.
    Think of Earthland Protector as a creature buff that gives it a second life with +2/+2 for 5cc. Depending on the creature that gets revived it's a good deal. Jasmine/Raven/Marshland i'd argue are all worth this 5cc buff from Earthland Protector. The idea is to keep my ability based creatures in play so I can begin the soft lockdown.

I'm trying hard to make this work in a rogue deck but I keep seeing how Warrior/Priest/Mage just have better abilities at their disposal.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Berdugo View Post
    Goodluck with this.On paper,this looks good,I think will need to worry not just on the survivability of allies,but of Lance as well.early damage will hurt you.I tried it with Mugged but still not enough support cards to survive...but maybe it will be diffetent on your case so,who knows? just good luck
    I'm glad that Newari and others are keeping the dream alive.

As I think more about it, I'd view Earthland Protector as a luxury in this build. As its purpose is basically to deal damage until it bounces and buffs a "shut-down" ally back onto the board. In my mind, playing an Aeon is ALWAYS more important that the EP.

Although high-cost, I wonder if a late game Crimson Vest would help solve the survivability issue. Although I definately would prefer an insta-play Mugged (x3-4)

Additionally, rotating Assassination into mix could help make transition from low-cost allies to increasing "shut-down" ally presence.
    Last edited by TJM; 09-27-2011 at 06:36 PM.
    Contribute to the discussion about the new upcoming 1.29 / 1.30 allies.

v1.26 - v1.27 Majiya
    v1.28 Boris shutdown

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The proposed 1.28 Lance change will severely handicap this Shut-Down concept being played with Rogue Lance.

009 | Human Hero | Lance Shadowstalker | | | 4SE: Target ally gains Ambush, Stealth, and Haste until the start of your next turn. (sadly, it would double current ability cost)

Vise versa, shifting to Boris would rock!

001 | Human Hero | Boris Skullcrusher | | | 4SE: Destroy target ally. (as in ANY ally aka Aeon or 5+hp ally)

v1.26 - v1.27 Majiya
    v1.28 Boris shutdown

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by TJM View Post
    The proposed 1.28 Lance change will severely handicap this Shut-Down concept being played with Rogue Lance.

009 | Human Hero | Lance Shadowstalker | | | 4SE: Target ally gains Ambush, Stealth, and Haste until the start of your next turn. (sadly, it would double current ability cost)

Vise versa, shifting to Boris would rock!

001 | Human Hero | Boris Skullcrusher | | | 4SE: Destroy target ally. (as in ANY ally aka Aeon or 5+hp ally)

Sad but true. Boris is already strong, and this buff is crazy imo. Completely imbalanced.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm glad that Newari and others are keeping the dream alive.

As I think more about it, I'd view Earthland Protector as a luxury in this build. As its purpose is basically to deal damage until it bounces and buffs a "shut-down" ally back onto the board. In my mind, playing an Aeon is ALWAYS more important that the EP.

Although high-cost, I wonder if a late game Crimson Vest would help solve the survivability issue. Although I definately would prefer an insta-play Mugged (x3-4)

Additionally, rotating Assassination into mix could help make transition from low-cost allies to increasing "shut-down" ally presence.
    I honestly had that idea and the build a week before you post the deck.it started as priest,then lance.

You forget one essential thing when on terms of 1.28.in as much as Marsh needs the SE for the shutdown,so does the hero(es). Boris may not be suited for a full control deck IMO.

For the Crimson Vest,Survivability of Lance requires on early game,not late game(otherwise,your shutdown screwed up already). it cant help on direct damage also.
    Shadow Era:

Every Turn Counts

"Being strong isn't just about having powers or moves...It is about HEART." - Roronoa Zoro, One Piece

PFG 2 Member "You idealize, we criticize."
    1st Singapore Meltdown Physical Tournament Winner

IGN: Berdugo ETC
    Profession: Alien Hunter

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Newari View Post
    What would be a good replacement for the 4x Earthland Protectors? 4x Aeon?
    If I may suggest:
    -4 EP,+4 assasinate
    -2 S!T,2 Aeon

Shadow Era:

Every Turn Counts

"Being strong isn't just about having powers or moves...It is about HEART." - Roronoa Zoro, One Piece

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Berdugo View Post
    I honestly had that idea and the build a week before you post the deck.it started as priest,then lance.
    You forget one essential thing when on terms of 1.28.in as much as Marsh needs the SE for the shutdown,so does the hero(es). Boris may not be suited for a full control deck IMO.

For the Crimson Vest,Survivability of Lance requires on early game,not late game(otherwise,your shutdown screwed up already). it cant help on direct damage also.
    Well I'm sorry if you feel I stole your idea, I've never read a thread focused around that theme before. I doubt any idea I would think of in SE-land is so original no one has thought of it before. You should post your link, so proper credit can be attributed.

As for Boris ability, I see it as one confirmed kill before T5, then either shifting to Marsh useage or another Boris kill later.

v1.26 - v1.27 Majiya
    v1.28 Boris shutdown

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well I'm sorry if you feel I stole your idea, I've never read a thread focused around that theme before. I doubt any idea I would think of in SE-land is so original no one has thought of it before. You should post your link, so proper credit can be attributed.

As for Boris ability, I see it as one confirmed kill before T5, then either shifting to Marsh useage or another Boris kill later.
    I did not say you stole my idea.I never made a post by it (I'm shy type,you know ).If you post it first,no problem with me. you are braver than I am so.I am so sorry if u think I am whining or I am being an arrogant dickhead.no offense meant.my apologies...really...
    Shadow Era:

Every Turn Counts