Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by TJM View Post
    followup questions would be:
    a) What's most cost effective way to insure survivability of MS and Raven (maybe even Jas, as well) when they're ready to attack on T6 / T7?
    b) is Lance ability every 2 turns and perhaps Assassinate to deal with PB... more effective than Boris and warrior skill tree?
    a) skullborn and/or Aeon.
    b) Boris ability cannot touch PB,but can outdamage him.Rogues does not have enough support cards than Warriors(no King's pride,no war banner,no unilateral draw engine).that makes warriors supreme...in long games,you will be outdamaged by warriors.
    Shadow Era:

Every Turn Counts

"Being strong isn't just about having powers or moves...It is about HEART." - Roronoa Zoro, One Piece

PFG 2 Member "You idealize, we criticize."
    1st Singapore Meltdown Physical Tournament Winner

IGN: Berdugo ETC
    Profession: Alien Hunter

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ironically, this thread is beginning to persuade me to shift this shutdown concept to Boris. i guess thats the benefit of discussion - people mention things that you may not have considered. Regardless, hopefully this shut-down idea can somehow benefit Rogue-land.
    Contribute to the discussion about the new upcoming 1.29 / 1.30 allies.

v1.26 - v1.27 Majiya
    v1.28 Boris shutdown

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Graphlem is right I think. The shutdown mechanic of Marshlands/Jasmine + Rain Delay are all Human abilities and that core can be better served in other decks other than Rogue decks. The utility found in Rogue decks is just lacking effective item destruction and draw machanics. The only card that benefits this combo is Lay Low which is like a more effective Rain delay. Warriors/Mages/Priests all have their draw engines. Priests have more utility than anyone with DD/Heal/Draw/Board Clear/Item Destruction. I would suggest trying this core shutdown mechanic in other more useful classes and I think it would work out really well.

I may try this core shutdown concept in a Priest build and see how it goes mixed in with lots of utility. Making a really effective shutdown mechanic with lots of utility has to be pretty strong against most matches.
    Last edited by Newari; 09-22-2011 at 06:56 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Problem is rogues need to attack to win.... If your playing RD then you can't do much damage yourself
    For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Twitter: @N3rd4Christ | Skype: N3rd4Christ
    >>>>> My Trade Thread <<<<<

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    EDIT:nvm.
    Shadow Era:

Every Turn Counts

"Being strong isn't just about having powers or moves...It is about HEART." - Roronoa Zoro, One Piece

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Berdugo View Post
    a) skullborn and/or Aeon.
    I thought more about it. You and CodeDomination are right about adding Birgitte (i updated to -2 Earth Prot +2 Birgitte). I think being able to force the targetting sequence is very valuable early to mid game. Depending on how the change felt - one could also go +2 Birgitte -2 Blake.
    Contribute to the discussion about the new upcoming 1.29 / 1.30 allies.

v1.26 - v1.27 Majiya
    v1.28 Boris shutdown

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Been tinkering with the Lance shutdown idea and this is what I have so far:

4x Jasmine
    3x Puwen
    4x Skullborn
    4x Raven
    4x Marshland Sentinel
    4x Earthland Protector
    4x Stop!Thief
    4x Rain Delay
    4x Lay low
    4x Bad Santa

Idea is to use heavy control oriented allies. Jasmine/Marshland/Raven. Using Skullborn/Earth Protector/Lance ability to protect the ability based allies. Rain Delay/Lay Low allow you to protect your ability based allies as well. Trying to get a soft lock on the board by bringing base attack to 0. Stop Thief for the only answer to feared items that mess up the deck (KP, Soulseeker, SS, etc). Bad Santa to refill on cards.

Lance can be used on skullborn and with earthen protector out it gives skullborn 2 lives. This may be too slow to pull off, I will build and test out the deck to see how it performs.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Newari View Post
    Been tinkering with the Lance shutdown idea and this is what I have so far:

4x Jasmine
    3x Puwen
    4x Skullborn
    4x Raven
    4x Marshland Sentinel
    4x Earthland Protector
    4x Stop!Thief
    4x Rain Delay
    4x Lay low
    4x Bad Santa

Idea is to use heavy control oriented allies. Jasmine/Marshland/Raven. Using Skullborn/Earth Protector/Lance ability to protect the ability based allies. Rain Delay/Lay Low allow you to protect your ability based allies as well. Trying to get a soft lock on the board by bringing base attack to 0. Stop Thief for the only answer to feared items that mess up the deck (KP, Soulseeker, SS, etc). Bad Santa to refill on cards.

Lance can be used on skullborn and with earthen protector out it gives skullborn 2 lives. This may be too slow to pull off, I will build and test out the deck to see how it performs.
    Goodluck with this.On paper,this looks good,I think will need to worry not just on the survivability of allies,but of Lance as well.early damage will hurt you.I tried it with Mugged but still not enough support cards to survive...but maybe it will be diffetent on your case so,who knows? just good luck
    Shadow Era:

Every Turn Counts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Earthland protector has a card advantage innate issue. He just dies for free when the the opponent chooses so. That's not really good.
    But if it works well in this deck, then keep it.
    -brontos

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Brontos View Post
    Earthland protector has a card advantage innate issue. He just dies for free when the the opponent chooses so. That's not really good.
    But if it works well in this deck, then keep it.
    What would be a good replacement for the 4x Earthland Protectors? 4x Aeon?