Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Why not rain delay to give your MS/Jasmine a turn to live and begin board control?
    I think this deck concept is worth trying out but the Ally theme (board control with MS and Jasmine) may be more suitable with a different hero as mentioned earlier. Like a Priest deck, Warrior deck, Mage deck. In a Rogue deck, Lay Low and Rain delay seem to be better choices if you want to protect your board controlling allies.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by TJM View Post
    Of course. But Marsh Sentinel and Raven shut down, especially if you get 2 or 3 on the board.

Cover of Night is merely there to increase survivability while they recover from summon sickness.

I DID mention -- "I’m not sure if Cover of Night “attacked” speaks of melee damage only, or targeted spell as well."
    Melee only.
    Coder of the Night -- A1 : Evolution in Theory

Member of the Player's Focus Group 1

My Decks:
    -------------

My Articles:
    My Strategy articles compilation

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Newari View Post
    Why not rain delay to give your MS/Jasmine a turn to live and begin board control?
    I think this deck concept is worth trying out but the Ally theme (board control with MS and Jasmine) may be more suitable with a different hero as mentioned earlier. Like a Priest deck, Warrior deck, Mage deck. In a Rogue deck, Lay Low and Rain delay seem to be better choices if you want to protect your board controlling allies.
    You don't want to run Rain Delay in an ally deck, it doesn't buy you anything. For example, if you play a great ally and then play rain delay, true your opponent can't attack it on their turn. but unless you shriek or otherwise blow it up on your next turn (which a Rogue couldn't do), it will also prevent you from attacking -- letting them still have the first attack the next turn. it's almost like you never even played it, they still get to attack you first and your ally is not protected.
    1.25, 1.26, 1.27: 40 card decks, Big Bad Baduruu
    1.28/1.29 - best forgotten except for Elementalis Prime Grindage

1.5 - it's all good Naughty Gwenches
    -
    Players Focus Group 1, Missing In Action member of PFG 2

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    as mentioned before, this is only a theoretical build design as I don't even possess the cards needed to test it yet. right now, I only have Maj and Wulven decks - i've been adding more allies from both races and will add class cards as soon as I figure out which will be best for me.

I appreciate all the feedback so far. I have soooooo much more strategy to learn.
    Last edited by TJM; 09-22-2011 at 03:45 PM.
    Contribute to the discussion about the new upcoming 1.29 / 1.30 allies.

v1.26 - v1.27 Majiya
    v1.28 Boris shutdown

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by graphlem View Post
    You don't want to run Rain Delay in an ally deck, it doesn't buy you anything. For example, if you play a great ally and then play rain delay, true your opponent can't attack it on their turn. but unless you shriek or otherwise blow it up on your next turn (which a Rogue couldn't do), it will also prevent you from attacking -- letting them still have the first attack the next turn. it's almost like you never even played it, they still get to attack you first and your ally is not protected.
    Grrrrrr, i really need to memorize the specs of all these cards. Your logic is sound.

But CoN (4c) would offer melee protection, while allowing one to attack other enemy allies during those 2 turns, correct? It kinda makes war Valiant Defender (2c) a bit more appealing, doesn't it?

v1.26 - v1.27 Majiya
    v1.28 Boris shutdown

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Grrrrrr, i really need to memorize the specs of all these cards. Your logic is sound.
    Well, actually, I forgot that Rogues do have a card to blow up the rain delay, if you really wanted to try that. But I doubt you want to use an item destruction card on your own stuff instead of theirs. But technically, it could work and be cool: Play Raven and rain delay, they can't attack on their turn, your next turn you blow up the rain delay and use Raven. I'm sure this has been tried before and since we haven't heard about it it must not be that viable (you need both rain delay and Stop Thief before playing the rain delay, for one thing). You might be able to work something like this w/ Ter Adun and all his item destruction he has... probably still not worth it, I'd rather just play Val Def).

But CoN (4c) would offer melee protection, while allowing one to attack other enemy allies during those 2 turns, correct?
    Yup.

It kinda makes war Valiant Defender (2c) a bit more appealing, doesn't it?
    Yup

-

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Cover of Night is merely there to increase survivability while they recover from summon sickness.
    Lay Low will give you better results if that is what you want to achieve.plus your hero is protected.Also,don't remove Jasmine (never).she can "shutdown" too.

But CoN (4c) would offer melee protection, while allowing one to attack other enemy allies during those 2 turns, correct? It kinda makes war Valiant Defender (2c) a bit more appealing, doesn't it?
    and dont forget,it is a 2cc that is why its more appealing as well. CoN will slow you more.

Lastly,

Quote Originally Posted by CodeDomination View Post
    Get rid of cover add skullborn. Check out the decks in my sign for ideas.
    Listen to this guy.He is the Living Lance...(btw,I love your deck,code.I tweaked a bit to make a little control )
    Last edited by Berdugo; 09-22-2011 at 04:41 PM.
    Shadow Era:

Every Turn Counts

"Being strong isn't just about having powers or moves...It is about HEART." - Roronoa Zoro, One Piece

PFG 2 Member "You idealize, we criticize."
    1st Singapore Meltdown Physical Tournament Winner

IGN: Berdugo ETC
    Profession: Alien Hunter

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    graphlem - i know Rain Delay / Lay Low are total melee calms, but would that also stop MS or Jasmine from targeting their abilities as well? I should remember this, but I'm a bit tired right now.

Berdugo - i hadn't even noticed Jasmine ability! that certainly does play into theme of build.

followup questions would be:
    a) What's most cost effective way to insure survivability of MS and Raven (maybe even Jas, as well) when they're ready to attack on T6 / T7?
    b) is Lance ability every 2 turns and perhaps Assassinate to deal with PB... more effective than Boris and warrior skill tree?

v1.26 - v1.27 Majiya
    v1.28 Boris shutdown

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think people don't understand why Rain Delay and Lay Low can work with Marshland and Jasmine. They don't need to attack but just use their abilities to shut enemy allies down. Jasmine + Rain Delay, on your turn you don't attack you just prevent them from attacking with Jasmine's ability, it gives you breathing room to use Jasmine/Marshland's abilities to begin shutting them down. Raven doesn't work so well because she has to attack them to use her shutdown mechanic. The whole point of the deck would be to control the board and shutdown their attacks to 0.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think people don't understand why Rain Delay and Lay Low can work with Marshland and Jasmine. They don't need to attack but just use their abilities to shut enemy allies down. Jasmine + Rain Delay, on your turn you don't attack you just prevent them from attacking with Jasmine's ability, it gives you breathing room to use Jasmine/Marshland's abilities to begin shutting them down. Raven doesn't work so well because she has to attack them to use her shutdown mechanic. The whole point of the deck would be to control the board and shutdown their attacks to 0.
    Oh OK, I'm with you, yeah that would work well -- cool .

to answer TJM's question, this ties in perfectly -- no, Rain Delay won't have any effect on ally abilities, just their attack. So if that's the strategy (drop down Sentinal/Jas and then Rain Delay) that would work. Won't help against torch or Hero attacks (since they can go thru a Rain Delay), but that could still be effective.

You could do the same thing only probably better with a Human Mage deck and Portal tho. That would also let you use Raven whereas the Rogue strat wouldn't work with her like Newari said. Plus you get better support cards (Fireball, LS, Research). Could still use CoN if you wanted to as well.

-