Close

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This guy should get 1000 crystals for being so dedicated and playing 20 games standing in his garden.
    Grand Watchman of the Ancient Blue Citadel
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

Don't just witness the greatness;
    Stride with us.

To join the demonstrably greatest guild in the history of Shadow Era - click here

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Dracula winner.
    -brontos

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
    Yea my post was a bit long, but if you read the original thread starter, you would see that they asked for detailed, step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce the steps to cause the bug. Simply saying it's due to packet loss doesn't explain why or how it is occurring in the first place. I am just trying to help make the game that WE play, more enjoyable for EVERYONE so go be the shit in someone else's cut.
    If Alucard is correct, then I say he deserve the crystals. He was even able to give a detailed log.

P.s. How long did u take to test all the platforms?
    A1's Mustard-Seed Knight of Hope (IGN:A1 atomzed)
    Also a member of PFG1 and PFG2
    Rank #7 in Inaugural Meltdown Tourney
    Singapore Rep for Street Fighter Tournament

"Rapid analysis, accurate judgement, and superb powers of concentration...That is all we need." - Lezard Valeth

Proud member of A1 - Evolution in Theory
    Project Omega - Card Analysis and Strategy Guide

My Articles
    Deck size and Probability - A case for (slightly) bigger deck
    Meltdown Tier and Payout Analysis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It almost took me a whole day, but the kind of flower I grow in my garden gave me the patience required
    I also wanted to add that I did not do this for the crystals and would rather defer them to whomever would be next in line to receive them, if in fact I did win them. Thanks for the awesome, free game and keep up the great work.
    Last edited by Alucard; 09-23-2011 at 05:50 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It almost took me a whole day, but the kind of flower I grow in my garden gave me the patience required
    I also wanted to add that I did not do this for the crystals and would rather defer them to whomever would be next in line to receive them, if in fact I did win them. Thanks for the awesome, free game and keep up the great work.
    oh was it a tulip?
    ⊰☠ Mємвєr of I-5 ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Shut up and take all the crystals.
    Grand Watchman of the Ancient Blue Citadel
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

Don't just witness the greatness;
    Stride with us.

To join the demonstrably greatest guild in the history of Shadow Era - click here

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yea my post was a bit long, but if you read the original thread starter, you would see that they asked for detailed, step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce the steps to cause the bug. Simply saying it's due to packet loss doesn't explain why or how it is occurring in the first place. I am just trying to help make the game that WE play, more enjoyable for EVERYONE so go be the shit in someone else's cut.
    I am sorry if I offend you.I say maybe if the source would really be packet loss then you should be given credit for a detailed proof.

EDIT:should not post when drunk
    Last edited by Berdugo; 09-23-2011 at 06:20 PM.
    Shadow Era:

Every Turn Counts

"Being strong isn't just about having powers or moves...It is about HEART." - Roronoa Zoro, One Piece

PFG 2 Member "You idealize, we criticize."
    1st Singapore Meltdown Physical Tournament Winner

IGN: Berdugo ETC
    Profession: Alien Hunter

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    How do you get a crash log from the game freezing? It doesn't crash. It hangs and you can only get out by quitting or opponent quitting, which does not cause a crash.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I was just adding the crash-log because they usually contain details in the code breaking down exactly what the program was doing at the time of the error. I didn't know if it would be of any help but i figured it couldn't hurt to have it.

Also I did forget to mention that 2 of the times that the game froze on the iP4 (iOS 4.3), After I hit the home button to see if I was connected to the internet or not, the game completely restarted as if it did indeed crash, since normally it runs in the background and I can exit to the home screen and back without interrupting a game even if I am in the middle of a match.

If anyone else having this problem is interested in helping and has a jailbroken iPhone, the next time you experience the timer bug or the game freezes, hit the home button and then go back to Shadow Era(you may have to go to the iPhone home screen and back to the game twice before it actually crashes). Also, if you want, you can get the Crash Reporter that I used, from Cydia after adding BigBoss' source.
    Last edited by Alucard; 09-23-2011 at 09:59 PM.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Oh, I didn't realise you could get a crash log without a crash.

The more I think about this bug, the more I am convinced the root of the problem is in the code that receives packets. The End Turn packet never arrives at the server or the Sacrifice packet arrives at the server after End Turn, which causes confusion in the server state. OR the End Turn packet never arrives at the opposing client.

As I said before, the packet code could also be causing the sync errors.

I hear Kyle has hired 15 new developers, so there should be enough eyeballs on this soon to nail these annoying bugs once and for all.