Close

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

1000 Shadow Crystal bounty for turn timer bug

As I'm sure many of you guys are aware, we've been having an issue with the turn timer since it was changed in v1.26. The turn timer bug has remained in v1.27 and we still have yet to identify the cause of this problem.

In our commitment to ensure a more stable playing environment, free of bugs, we are posting a bounty for this issue. If you can give us reproducible steps for this turn timer bug, we will award you with 1000 Shadow Crystals to the account of your choice.

This little bugger has been causing alot of frustration for a while now so I hope this will help shorten the time it takes for us to get this fixed once and for all.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Actually.. A1 has an idea of what's causing it.

Approx idea of steps: have any two players connect and battle. Then have x number of players join the game, we don't know if its after they need to catch up or not.

Theoretically, when enough people join a single game and are catching up it freezes.

Doesn't happen regularly at two to three people. Try more.
    Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by GS693 View Post
    Actually.. A1 has an idea of what's causing it.

Approx idea of steps: have any two players connect and battle. Then have x number of players join the game, we don't know if its after they need to catch up or not.

Theoretically, when enough people join a single game and are catching up it freezes.

Doesn't happen regularly at two to three people. Try more.
    I didn't know that, but i'm sure it's not the problem. It happens very often to me when i play with my account "kentuequi" and happens often too with my others accounts "random name".
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Likely, I thought your account wasn't actually "random name" but just for the heck of it, I searched it up and.. someone actually took that name already.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    That is funny
    Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've noticed that I only run into this problem when I play on my iPhone or iPad using the mobile's 3g wireless internet..... or if I am on my computer and my opponent is using their mobile's 3g internet.... when it occurs, I always ask them if they are playing on a mobile device and if they are using wifi or mobile 3g.... I have not run into this problem with both parties are playing on stable wifi or computers with ethernet internet connections.... my theory is that 3g internet is a bit unstable at times, especially if you are in an area with weak reception..and causing the sync errors?? maybe i'm wrong...
    IGN: TJ BlueJet24

Founder of Team Juggernauts

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Prepare to give me a thousand shadow crystals.

I've found that attempting to chat with another player whilst using the Iphone 3GS while one player or the other ends their turn most frequently causes the game to give you the never ending timer error. This has occured to me because of this bug on so many occassions that I almost entirely avoid talking to the other player, and in almost all situations this was the sole similarity that triggered the bug for me.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Guys you are all on the wrong track, its not the timer that causes this. I get this same problem when on my IPad and I play against the AI when testing decks. A lot of the time I get it when playing priest, so likely some of the card combinations here cause the issue.

Scenario: AI ends turn but my turn never begins. It sits there forever, and I must quit. You can change camera angle etc but that's it. Its not to do with the timer - that's a red herring, the timer code never runs because the turn never begins for the other player. Likely the sacrifice stage code is not running for some reason, possibly due to card draw code phase not starting or something like that. A global timeout could be added before the card draw code, and ends after the sacrifice code to see if after 1 minute of inactivity, timing out and moving on to the player playing a card (ok at a disadvantage but still) continues the match. Everything should then work as normal after that.

Pete

Edit: In fact the sacrifice stage is probably a bit iffy, since I remember MC messing it up in 1.25 a whiule back thinking about it.
    Last edited by Padawan Pete; 09-21-2011 at 06:37 AM.
    Grand Watchman of the Ancient Blue Citadel
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

Don't just witness the greatness;
    Stride with us.

To join the demonstrably greatest guild in the history of Shadow Era - click here

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I had it happen without even taking my first turn, and my opponent did not play a card, but we did both chat right at the start, so maybe the guy two posts up (Avrizinth) is correct. Note that chat came in at the same time as the new turn timer.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well I say the guy two posts above this is correct. More evidence: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....zen-against-AI
    Grand Watchman of the Ancient Blue Citadel
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

Don't just witness the greatness;
    Stride with us.

To join the demonstrably greatest guild in the history of Shadow Era - click here