+4 Bad Santa

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Giskard View Post
    -4 Fireball
    -4 Lightning

+4 Bazaar
    +4 Bad Santa
    Errrrr Bazaar, really?!? If you're serious, please explain your logic...

Not exactly my favorite card, as it helps the opponent as much (technically even more)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Avrizinth View Post
    You only need 2/3 Shrieks in a 30 card deck.
    3 Carniboars is overkill.

You only need 1 portal, if that.

Having 2 Supernovas is HIGHLY advised given that it allows you to come back from nearly anything and regain board, or even hit the opponent for as much as a +3 on cast by turn 4.

I'd also suggest using 2 Researches, as the card heavily improves the advantage generation of the deck, is a reliable mana dump, and thus significantly increases the decks consistency.
    a) why only 2 or 3 Shrieks? I recall recently getting wrecked by some Amber weapon build...
    b) I think I only have 2 carniboar in this build... I don't think more than 2 is good either...
    c) Why only 1 portal, you'd be reducing the chance of pulling the card. Which isnt horrible, i suppose.
    d) After explained, the nova is more appealing and i'll try out as soon as I can buy the cards...
    Last edited by TJM; 09-22-2011 at 03:25 AM. Reason: goofy me

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've never lost to an Amber deck, the fact is you won't see a weapon drop until Turn 4, with good allies on board, there is no issue in survive the ravages of the mighty JD. Save Shriek for things like Berserker's Edge and Kings Pride almost exclusively. The 2 ensures you get the card when you need it against the Amber/Gwen match up, and the first BE is the only big issue if you don't manage to get rid of it, as that enables them to go into a dual wield cast the next turn instead of having to hard cast another weapon. Basically, you only need to successfully land a single shriek on their turn 5 Berserker's Edge as that destroys their tempo and you should be winning by about T7 anyways, as well if you were first it enables you to counter cast into Plasma Behemoth, forcing them to waste their swing against it or lose, constantly setting them further behind. Snow Sapphire beats Gwen almost single handedly and makes that match a joke (though I only run 1 as I only find it useful in the Gwen Matchup where that single copy generally means absolute victory).

I said 1 portal when I probably should have said none; your deck doesn't provide the key things necessary to make portal effective. Cheap creatures, excessive draw, or recursion. Over all, the card is much better suited for gravebone, Majiya has better options to compliment her playstyle.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Avrizinth View Post
    I've never lost to an Amber deck, the fact is you won't see a weapon drop until Turn 4, with good allies on board, there is no issue in survive the ravages of the mighty JD. Save Shriek for things like Berserker's Edge and Kings Pride almost exclusively.
    The reason I lost is because I carelessly burned the Shrieks on weapons and after Shrieks ran out, he dropped SS and won through painful attrition. Lesson learned.
    Contribute to the discussion about the new upcoming 1.29 / 1.30 allies.

v1.26 - v1.27 Majiya
    v1.28 Boris shutdown