Close

Threaded View

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

BBB - Big Bad Baduruu

I got the idea for this deck from Spirits Anti-Majiya deck, with a bunch of tweaks I suggested for it plus some tuning it's gone through. I played PvP for 10 games starting at 223, wound up at 219, winning 5 and losing 5 (plus 1 synch error draw), so this is by no means a top tier deck, but it can hold it's own and it's a blast to play. I beat a 220+ player, lost to some 170-ish players, so my guess is it would probably level out in the 190-200 range. It's also fun to grind against the AI since how you play the deck differs from hero to hero so you won't get bored.
    I've never played Baduruu and I really hope Calmdown leaves his ability alone -- it's a different game every time and since hardly anybody uses him opponents don't automatically know what you're deck is. What was weird is I never faced a Majiya, but I bet it would do OK against her. Here's the build:

Baduruu (40 card)
    4 Garg
    4 Deathmage
    4 Shadow Knight
    3 Plasma Behemoth

4 Fire Arrow
    4 Poison Arrow
    4 Shriek
    4 Bad Santa

2 Bazaar
    4 Soul Seeker
    2 Beetle Demon Bow

Strategy, Overall
    1. Night Prowler was fun but not relaible -- pulled

2. Hunters do get totally screwed over by Sand Worm. Just sayin.

3. Basically, kick ass with allies and recursion, gain life via Soul Seeker, and keep the pressure on all the time.

4. sac the BdB against non-weapon users with abilities you want to use, or at least don't turn it into an ally.

5. Adapt to your opponent's Hero ability and sac cards accordingly

6. Have fun! He's a great alternative to what's being played, can hold his own, and if Calmdown has his way you only have a little time left to have fun with his ability

9-22-11: Edited the build -- removed Brut and 2 drop allies in general, they just don't pan out as much as playing arrows do (thanks for the idea Brontos!). Still deciding between 2 Bellas and two more WotF -- when in doubt I tend to go Ally. Pulled NP -- was fun but not reliable. To run NP would probably require adding Into the Forest and that's just more changes than I want to make for this build -- would change it's strategy into something else. Something else less Big and Bad :-)

9-26-11: Edited the build -- removed 2 Bella, added 2 more Fire Arrows and swapped out 2 WotF for 2 Bazaar. Don't normally like Bazaar and it's usually sac'd, but hardly ever used WotF and Bazaar is actually great if you go 1st and they did nothing T1 (they only get 1 card off the Bazaar, giving you the advantage). Love me some Bella but she just wasn't as useful as the extra arrows turned out to be.
    Last edited by graphlem; 09-30-2011 at 03:58 PM.
    1.25, 1.26, 1.27: 40 card decks, Big Bad Baduruu
    1.28/1.29 - best forgotten except for Elementalis Prime Grindage

1.5 - it's all good Naughty Gwenches
    -
    Players Focus Group 1, Missing In Action member of PFG 2