Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

BBB - Big Bad Baduruu

I got the idea for this deck from Spirits Anti-Majiya deck, with a bunch of tweaks I suggested for it plus some tuning it's gone through. I played PvP for 10 games starting at 223, wound up at 219, winning 5 and losing 5 (plus 1 synch error draw), so this is by no means a top tier deck, but it can hold it's own and it's a blast to play. I beat a 220+ player, lost to some 170-ish players, so my guess is it would probably level out in the 190-200 range. It's also fun to grind against the AI since how you play the deck differs from hero to hero so you won't get bored.
    I've never played Baduruu and I really hope Calmdown leaves his ability alone -- it's a different game every time and since hardly anybody uses him opponents don't automatically know what you're deck is. What was weird is I never faced a Majiya, but I bet it would do OK against her. Here's the build:

Baduruu (40 card)
    4 Garg
    4 Deathmage
    4 Shadow Knight
    3 Plasma Behemoth

4 Fire Arrow
    4 Poison Arrow
    4 Shriek
    4 Bad Santa

2 Bazaar
    4 Soul Seeker
    2 Beetle Demon Bow

Strategy, Overall
    1. Night Prowler was fun but not relaible -- pulled

2. Hunters do get totally screwed over by Sand Worm. Just sayin.

3. Basically, kick ass with allies and recursion, gain life via Soul Seeker, and keep the pressure on all the time.

4. sac the BdB against non-weapon users with abilities you want to use, or at least don't turn it into an ally.

5. Adapt to your opponent's Hero ability and sac cards accordingly

6. Have fun! He's a great alternative to what's being played, can hold his own, and if Calmdown has his way you only have a little time left to have fun with his ability

9-22-11: Edited the build -- removed Brut and 2 drop allies in general, they just don't pan out as much as playing arrows do (thanks for the idea Brontos!). Still deciding between 2 Bellas and two more WotF -- when in doubt I tend to go Ally. Pulled NP -- was fun but not reliable. To run NP would probably require adding Into the Forest and that's just more changes than I want to make for this build -- would change it's strategy into something else. Something else less Big and Bad :-)

9-26-11: Edited the build -- removed 2 Bella, added 2 more Fire Arrows and swapped out 2 WotF for 2 Bazaar. Don't normally like Bazaar and it's usually sac'd, but hardly ever used WotF and Bazaar is actually great if you go 1st and they did nothing T1 (they only get 1 card off the Bazaar, giving you the advantage). Love me some Bella but she just wasn't as useful as the extra arrows turned out to be.
    Last edited by graphlem; 09-30-2011 at 03:58 PM.
    1.25, 1.26, 1.27: 40 card decks, Big Bad Baduruu
    1.28/1.29 - best forgotten except for Elementalis Prime Grindage

1.5 - it's all good Naughty Gwenches
    -
    Players Focus Group 1, Missing In Action member of PFG 2

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Glad to see another Baduruu deck!

I didn't play any hunter until I saw Calmdown's deck. Baduruu is really really fun to play with ... it didn't give me much victories but most of the time I enjoyed to play with it

For you deck, may I know why you put 4 Dealth mages? They are unique...so most of the time I just consider 2 or 3 at max, and depends on the Shadow Knights to bring them back just in case

How about replacing 2 of them with 2 Carniboar instead? Just thinking if the pig could growth more easily with the help of bows...

Also, will you consider to leave some rooms for "into the Forest"?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I would replace the 4 Brute by 4 Arrows.
    And the 2 Night Powler by 1 or 2 more Wraths.

Part of the "Leave Baduruu Alone!" mouvement.
    -brontos

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by xlogger View Post
    For you deck, may I know why you put 4 Dealth mages? They are unique...so most of the time I just consider 2 or 3 at max, and depends on the Shadow Knights to bring them back just in case

How about replacing 2 of them with 2 Carniboar instead? Just thinking if the pig could growth more easily with the help of bows..
    I use 4 DM just ensure you get one early -- the rest are sac fodder. He's so great early you want to max your chance of getting him. And if you have two in your hand it's nice to have a card that you don't have to worry about sacrificing.

Quote Originally Posted by xlogger View Post
    Also, will you consider to leave some rooms for "into the Forest"?
    I tried using ItF -- it's an awesome card, but I was just sacrificing it most of the time, it seems to work better for Gwen. But a few of those could be a viable swap out for NP.

-

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Brontos View Post
    I would replace the 4 Brute by 4 Arrows.
    And the 2 Night Powler by 1 or 2 more Wraths.

Part of the "Leave Baduruu Alone!" mouvement.
    Hmm, not having a 2-drop is pretty scary, I'm so used to running offense-focused decks, not defensive. The 2-drop has been the thorn in my side w/ this deck because nothing really fits -- I settled on Brut because he's tough to kill at least, but you can make a great case for Carniboar or Flayer too (I tried all 3 -- none were really better than the others, tho I think Brut has a slight edge just because of his defense). However, I'll try out the arrows -- they might be more effective than the creatures, thanks!

I could see dumping the NP for more Wraths, I've been toying w/ that. The NP is cool and all but hardly ever used.

-

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    2-drops are great. But in a 40 cards deck, you won't have them on your second turn every game if you only play 4 of them (it's a bit more than 50% chances to have them in your first hand). If you need 2-drops, well, consider playing 6-8 of them.
    If not, just remove them and strengthen your mid game or your "i don't start" side of your deck with some arrows.
    -brontos

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Played 10 more games in PvP mode and went 6 and 4, beating 200+ ranked players and losing to nobody lower than 170 something if I remember right. Build is edited above (only faced one Maj and beat her). Baduruu is very playable and this deck should get you to 200 running a very little-used and fun hero. Please Calmdown, leave him alone!

-

World Championships 2nd Place Flycheung's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's was fun till ... You have not met Boris.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Flycheung View Post
    It's was fun till ... You have not met Boris.
    Actually, I did meet one Boris -- and no, it wasn't fun. Tho, what can you expect? It was rated like 236 and was a low 30's tuned deck, so I didn't really expect to win w/ a 40 card Baduruu. That was actually the only game the deck really struggled in, the rest of the time it gave people a run for their money, even if it lost.

Like I said initially, this certainly isn't a T1 deck and you shouldn't expect to get much beyond 200 w/ it, but it is fun to play facing different heroes and it does throw people for a loop. And besides, isn't it fun to beat a Majiya or Amber w/ "lowly" Baduruu??

-

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I know what you mean. You'd get a lot satisfaction winning with Baduruu. Every match has a different approach. Constructing a deck that goes with that challenge is very fun.