Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Majere View Post
    No offence, i disagree with the above points.

a) If you watch my games with Sisyphos, when I have BF, I still do BS.

b) If you win most of the time without Enrage, it means that 1. Casting Enrage is useless. 2. You waste a card space and could have drawn something better.

c) At t3, Jasmine is a far better drop than Aldon.

Lastly, I will stick with the deck:

4 Jasmin
    4 Puwen
    4 Bridget
    3 Raven
    2 Aldon
    2 Sandworm
    3 Aeon

1 War banner
    1 enrage
    4 CB
    4 BF
    4 Retreat
    3 Bad Santa
    3 JD

No change.
    Right on.....I think most of my problem is playing the deck...for example; do I play bf asap even if they have an ally on board @t2 ir take it out with a CB or retreat? Do I play bad santa even though I have casted CB? One question has been answered, I am always torn between playing jas on t3 or Aldon. Another thing is on t1 what should I burn if say I have bridget puwen cb retreat jas and jd....things like this give me the most problems, what to keep and what to sacrifice. Now don't get me wrong. I don't expect anyone to tell me how to play but rather shine some light on what I am doing wrong. I know I could sign up for the A1 classes but I play on my phone and from what I've read that wont work. Thanks to everyone who has tried to help me. It's much appreciated.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Die, You are forgiven. If I Live, I will kill you." Such is the Rule of Honor.

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    i suggest sticking with your deck and playing as many games as you can. That's the only way to learn.

There is nothing "majorlly" wrong with the deck.

I did not count how many cards u have. I presume it's 40. (Sorry, I hate to count)

I would do this:

4 JD.
    3 Aldon.

- 2 Skullborn

There can only be 2 reasons why a player loses:

1. Bad deck
    2. Insufficient skills/Lack of familiarity - resulting in sac-ing the wrong things, prioritizing wrongly.
    3. BOTH.

So since, I feel your deck is ok now, all you need to do is practice.

BUT, that's only my opinion. I am sure many people do not agree with my recommendations. It's ok, no problem.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    No offence, i disagree with the above points.

a) If you watch my games with Sisyphos, when I have BF, I still do BS.

b) If you win most of the time without Enrage, it means that 1. Casting Enrage is useless. 2. You waste a card space and could have drawn something better.

c) At t3, Jasmine is a far better drop than Aldon.
    I yield to the wisdom of the pro...

a) BS would certainly maximize total cards pulled, especially if you get unlucky on pulling BF or JD.
    b) One can certainly win without Enrage, especially if you gain board control by mid game. Enrage certainly "pays the BF piper" - would sac'ing a second enrage really be a crime?
    c) If it was more of a swarm deck, I might disagree. As it is, Jasmines higher damage would offer more stand-alone value.

Raphael, you truly have a "every card counts" mindset - which is exceptional. I am tring to transition from the "some cards HAVE to be sac'ed - thus portion of my deck is pure cannon fodder" mindset. You truly have the luxury of experience.
    Contribute to the discussion about the new upcoming 1.29 / 1.30 allies.

v1.26 - v1.27 Majiya
    v1.28 Boris shutdown

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I will share GS's wisdom.

(He's very good when he's not pretending to be a cat.)

"Your deck is good when you have problems sac-ing all the time"

"That means your deck only has good cards."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I will share GS's wisdom.

(He's very good when he's not pretending to be a cat.)

"Your deck is good when you have problems sac-ing all the time"

"That means your deck only has good cards."
    +1

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thank you thank you thank you all, you guys are the best
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Die, You are forgiven. If I Live, I will kill you." Such is the Rule of Honor.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by KRYPLR View Post
    Right on.....I think most of my problem is playing the deck...for example; do I play bf asap even if they have an ally on board @t2 ir take it out with a CB or retreat? Do I play bad santa even though I have casted CB? One question has been answered, I am always torn between playing jas on t3 or Aldon. Another thing is on t1 what should I burn if say I have bridget puwen cb retreat jas and jd....things like this give me the most problems, what to keep and what to sacrifice. Now don't get me wrong. I don't expect anyone to tell me how to play but rather shine some light on what I am doing wrong. I know I could sign up for the A1 classes but I play on my phone and from what I've read that wont work. Thanks to everyone who has tried to help me. It's much appreciated.
    Answers to many of the questions you have will come to you if you play a lot of games.
    To help you out a little bit:
    -If you are on the defense, they have a T2 ally out, and you do not have something good to put against it, playing your BF is a good call. The earlier you drop BF, the more card advantage you will get in the long run, and that will help you regain control of the board in a couple of turns. If you go second, it is not that unusual not to control the board until turn 5 or so. Personally, I'd play BF and save the CB or retreat for bigger threats. (My favorite CB targets are Gargoyle and Raven.)
    -Not sure what BS and CB have to do with each other. Perhaps you mean BF instead of CB? Sure you can cast BS if you have BF. If you need a certain card to win, the quicker you draw it, the better. Personally however, if I am ahead on the board even a little bit, and both me and my opponent are low on cards, I will rarely play BS for the simple fact that it helps the opponent a lot too. In my opinion, going from 1 to 4 cards helps your opponent a lot more than going from 4 to 7. Besides, if you have BF and your opponent has nothing to help them draw, you are better off with a situation where both of you have a small number of cards in hand (because than the difference of an extra card is bigger).
    -In your T1 scenario, I would probably sac Birgitte or CB.
    -If you have an android phone, you may be able to follow the A1 Academy classes--more details are in the thread.
    proud former member of A1 Alliance
    overview of all
    my strategy articles

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Man View Post
    Answers to many of the questions you have will come to you if you play a lot of games.
    To help you out a little bit:
    -If you are on the defense, they have a T2 ally out, and you do not have something good to put against it, playing your BF is a good call. The earlier you drop BF, the more card advantage you will get in the long run, and that will help you regain control of the board in a couple of turns. If you go second, it is not that unusual not to control the board until turn 5 or so. Personally, I'd play BF and save the CB or retreat for bigger threats. (My favorite CB targets are Gargoyle and Raven.)
    -Not sure what BS and CB have to do with each other. Perhaps you mean BF instead of CB? Sure you can cast BS if you have BF. If you need a certain card to win, the quicker you draw it, the better. Personally however, if I am ahead on the board even a little bit, and both me and my opponent are low on cards, I will rarely play BS for the simple fact that it helps the opponent a lot too. In my opinion, going from 1 to 4 cards helps your opponent a lot more than going from 4 to 7. Besides, if you have BF and your opponent has nothing to help them draw, you are better off with a situation where both of you have a small number of cards in hand (because than the difference of an extra card is bigger).
    -In your T1 scenario, I would probably sac Birgitte or CB.
    -If you have an android phone, you may be able to follow the A1 Academy classes--more details are in the thread.
    Thanks a bunch.....ill look into following an A1 Academy class...once again thank you!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If there is a deck where Kriss is optimised, it's Boris. I'd play a few of them, with Banner, KP, Aldor and Retreat... you can't have better potential!
    -brontos

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Op has been edited/ updated with 30c rework