Close

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Frozen Game Bug Still Exisits: 1.27 [duplicate]

I thought the frozen game bug was gonna be fixed?

I'm in a game vs FightTillDie, turn 2, we both see it as each other's turn. Been sitting here for 5 minutes with nothing happening. Running 1.27 on iOS.

IIRC AnAdolt thought it was a server side fix, then it turned out that it needed to be fixed in the client, so I thought 1.27 fixed it. Guess it didn't? =/

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've had it already a few times as well.

And I think they said that that bug wasn't removed yet. The bug where you start with empty fields was fixed, but not the freeze bug because they can't the source of the bug.
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by iClipse View Post
    I've had it already a few times as well.

And I think they said that that bug wasn't removed yet. The bug where you start with empty fields was fixed, but not the freeze bug because they can't the source of the bug.
    Ah, wonderful. Just had it happen again, twice within 3 games.

Sigh.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah, it's frustrating. I haven't had it yet on my iPod, only on the iMac though.

And /sigh indeed.
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Have you guys noticed any similarities between the games that you had the freeze bug occur (e.g. froze after a particular card or ability played, or maybe something else)?

iClipse was correct; the cause of the bug hasn't been found yet. Any report would help in identifying it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by jiminee View Post
    Have you guys noticed any similarities between the games that you had the freeze bug occur (e.g. froze after a particular card or ability played, or maybe something else)?
    Well, I've almost never had it happen in the middle of a game. Usually it's when I'm about to win. So maybe it has to do something with the other player disconnecting, or quitting in a certain manner/way?

I've also recently had an error: "Error: Can't connect to database." And then the game froze. So maybe it's the same bug, but then without the error message popping up?

Either way, just brainstorming here.
    Part of PFG

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jiminee View Post

iClipse was correct; the cause of the bug hasn't been found yet. Any report would help in identifying it.
    I have not.

I have reported like 5 of the games personally though, with opponent's names. I'm sure a dozen or more other ones have been posted.

Why can't Wulven open those replays and check for similarities? They're the only ones with access to enough games that have it to look for a pattern...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by iClipse View Post
    Well, I've almost never had it happen in the middle of a game. Usually it's when I'm about to win. So maybe it has to do something with the other player disconnecting, or quitting in a certain manner/way?

I've also recently had an error: "Error: Can't connect to database." And then the game froze. So maybe it's the same bug, but then without the error message popping up?

Either way, just brainstorming here.
    Nah, it's not either of those. I got the can't connect to db and continued playing as normal. And I've never gotten that error when it froze.

And it's not the first, them quitting, cause plenty of times I've chatted with the person as we both sit there showing the other person's turn.

I feel like it may happen if hitting "end turn" too quickly after an animation occurs - it ends the turn for one player but not the other, so neither can do anything.. again, a wild guess. Not enough data personally to tell.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    And AGAIN. WTF.

This is happening more than ever now in 1.27.

I'm in a game vs Roger Rengar, we're chatting, he says he sees it as my turn, I see it the other way.

It happened just after a mind control.

Anyone feel free to join the game and chat. Just sitting here.

Seriously, has happened to me like 4 times now. May wipe my iPad and restore after this, but wtf. =/

EDIT: my opponent just said "i know, it's been happening a lot lately." oh, and iclipse just joined. Hi!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I personally haven't had it happen to me though. So, I'm unable to help in providing any sort of input..