Close

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    GG Narziss. Your deck is powerful indeed, that Aeon almost got me. Good thing I could dig for that extra Lightning Strike with Majiya. <3

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Tek4 View Post
    Yep thats gonna kill. Might have to use Nishaven if so.
    I don't think its going to kill it but I guess it will just be a bit more difficult to win :P

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    GG Narziss. Your deck is powerful indeed, that Aeon almost got me. Good thing I could dig for that extra Lightning Strike with Majiya. <3
    Thank you Ice<3

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TotallyImba View Post
    Do you think the planned increase of Eladwens ability (3 - 4) will make much of a difference to this deck?
    Honestly, since in the same update that nerfs Eladwen we will also be seeing the introduction of weapons and armors, I am currently fantasizing about what an Amber Rain deck might be like.

Except for a handful of games each night, I've nearly stopped playing because facing so much of the same thing (Eladwen or Darkclaw) has gotten a little tiring (even if I nearly always win my mirror match against Eladwen, whether or not I play first). It was refreshing to lose to Ice's Majiya deck tonight. I'll probably try to kick up to the top 20 again after the update comes out, but for now, I'm going to go do homework and sleep.

Now, if the new weapon and armor wasn't coming out and all we were getting with the new update was the nerf to Eladwen, then I would think that Majiya and Gravebone decks would begin to dominate, and Darkclaw would stay where it is. However, considering so much is changing in this new update, it is hard to say what the game will even be like once our heroes are wearing armor and wielding weapons.
    Last edited by Narziss; 02-27-2011 at 11:23 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tek4 View Post
    By the way Narziss, I tried to read your site yesterday, the biggining part was ok, but as I advanced, it just gets more and more complicated and I feel like I got trolled. Is that site for real or a joke?
    lololololol

AWESOME.

I just want to link like half my friends to Narziss' blog and this comment.

/majored in philosophy
    //not laughing at you Tek4, totally have felt like you did before

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Isn't 4 Aldon a bit much, considering you can only have one of him on the field at a time? I suggest 3, but I probably don't know best, I've only just started this game recently.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Myztyrio View Post
    Isn't 4 Aldon a bit much, considering you can only have one of him on the field at a time? I suggest 3, but I probably don't know best, I've only just started this game recently.
    Some play 2-3. I'm in the 4 camp, though if you have to cut to 30 you can go less.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Narzissm, how do you know what to resource early on? I struggle to choose which card to discard..

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Been going up in the ranks super fast with this build, going from mid 200's to 350's:

1 Eladwen Frostmire

Allies:
    4 Blake Windrunner
    4 Aldon the Brave
    2 Jasmine Rosecult
    4 Sandra Trueblade
    2 Aeon Stormcaller

Spells:
    4 Research
    3 Fireball
    3 Lightning Strike
    3 Portal

Some analyses on choices I made here:

2 Jasmine Rosecult: While she's usually resource food early game, she fills in a great niche that the deck needs in order to maintain field dominance. Late game, she's pretty much a straight up better Blake. Just like the better 3-drop Aldon, 3/4 stats survive Lightning Strike and unboosted Blake. With Aldon, she becomes a 4/4, letting her two-shot Aeon with Eladwen's special and Fireball. Finally, though very rarely, distracting can potentially save you.

3 Fireball: Against shadow allies, Fireball is almost essential for instantly getting rid of pretty much anything. The majority of the stronger shadow allies have 4 life, preventing Lightning Strike from doing its thing. It kills Bad Wolf, Keldor, and lets Sandra kill Infernal Gargoyle with the fireball damage. Against other human decks, it kills Jasmine, Aldon, and two-shots Aeon with Eladwen's special. Also, it costs 1 less than Lightning Strike, making it a potential follow up to Sandra or Portal, while accompanying Eladwen's ability.

3 Portal: Far too many times when I playtest with 4 Portal I end up having 2 of them in the opening hand as well as being a normal draw early game. The first Portal you cast will make the other potential 3 dead draws, unless Ter Adun is around. Playtesting with 3 gave the deck a perfect balance on when I get my Portal and when I need it the most. 4 Portal tends to give me too many too early.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think your changes make the deck better. I think fireball could be the missing card I am looking for just to get rid of those high hp targets.

I think 3 x Aeon Stormcaller is to many, they cost so much get get out anyway.

Puwen Bloodhelm or Jasmine Rosecult is the tricky one, although Jasmine has a nice ability Puwen only costs 2 resource to play.