Close

Thread: New Majiya deck

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

New Majiya deck

Hello Shadow Era community,

I'm a brand new player. Around 230 rating right now.
    This is the deck I'm using:

4x Brutalis
    4x Gargoyle
    3x Death Mage
    3x Shadow Knight
    2x Brutal Minotaur

4x Fireball
    3x Lightning
    2x Nova

4x Portal
    4x Tome
    2x Shriek
    2x Sac Lamb
    2x Lay Line Nexus

Looking for ways to improve on it. I'm especially confused about the utility spells as you can see, and I don't think I know how to use them properly. Also is Gravebone or maybe one of the elemental heroes worth picking up, or should I stick to Majiya while I learn the game? I prefer shadow becouse I think the human allies art looks wierd (put some armor on ladies).

Really cool game btw, wish I'd discovered it sooner.

Oh and I meant to name this thread 'new majiya player', I'm sure the deck is nothing new.
    Last edited by Vyz; 01-22-2013 at 01:19 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The deck is good, use the spells to keep the board under control before you can use your portals, then late game maybe to kill quickly the opponent's hero after your biggies chop him down if you need. Also with the spells you have you can beat a solo Moonstalker, don't sac anyone and wait to reach over 10 ressources to burn him down in 2 or 3 turns sac your portals and use your allies to distract him as well as dealing very few damages.

Gravebone isn't a good hero right now, with the 150 upcoming cards he will maybe rise to a better tier? If you want to try Elementals go for Zaladar, Elementalis is far weakest,

And welcome,
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks, that helped. Any advice againt Zhanna? She usually manages to get Sandworm and that 8 health dude out and I'm dead. Or Zaladar, he kills me because I'm too scared to play my big guys, and sometimes he does it with my own cards. Rogues can be an issue too but less so.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyz View Post
    Thanks, that helped. Any advice againt Zhanna? She usually manages to get Sandworm and that 8 health dude out and I'm dead. Or Zaladar, he kills me because I'm too scared to play my big guys, and sometimes he does it with my own cards. Rogues can be an issue too but less so.
    Against Zhanna, try to "death race". Since she has slower damage output than you, even if she takes board control, just keep throwing shadow knights through the portal, and fireballs in her face, and you should be able to kill her more quickly than she can kill you. Don't put too may allies on the board at once because she can wipe all of the away with one tidal wave though. Also, using shriek on her wizents staff can be a big help. Against zaladar, things will be tough... he's a hard hero to beat. Try to not play you big allies (minotaur and shadowknight) until you have a portal out, and will be able to kill Zal very quickly... it might be a good idea no to play the minotaurs at all, except for a killing blow (the mind controls are devastating). Be sure to have a ley line nexus ready for when he plays dimension ripper. With practice, you should be able to beat him, but it won't be easy.
    I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.
    Enlightened Technological Creature
    A Proud Member of ETC
    My 10 step guide to deck building
    My published 1.6 decks

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Dude what are you doing with 3 ls? u should have 4 ls.they are a must in any mage deck.i suggest -1portal and 1ls.and the deck looks really gud.best of luck and welcome to the forums!
    He has come HE WILL CONQUER

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Agreed with 4 lightning strike. It's better than fireball in my opinion. Cut a portal or nova
    Elder TJ

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Looks good. Almost similar to what I usually run.
    Agreed with the 4 LS part. You don't even have to remove any card, 41 cards still alright.

As for Zhanna, keep your shrieks (for Widzent) and LLN (for king's pride).
    Always keep 1 or 2 allies in hand, or keep a SK in hand. Put only 2-3 allies on board to bait the Tidal Wave. Once wave comes out, cast SK to loop another ally back on hand. As for Sandworms, just ignore it and go for his throat.
    Last edited by Zhou86; 01-23-2013 at 12:09 PM.
    Psalm 91:7 A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.

Zhou - Servant of the Eternal Saviour
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

IGN | BP Zhou | Information on my Guild | Group | SE Players of Malaysia | Tournaments | BP Popup #37

BP Hispanic | Link a la rama hispana de BP
    SE Achievements | Full List
    Articles/Guides | FAQs for New Players and Forum Goers