Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Card suggestions (mages and rogues)

Hey just posting ideas tell me what you think,
    These ideas are based on the cards I have played with and rogue features and abilities within other games.

Card name: double daggers of ......
    Card ability: when inflicting damage to an ally that ally is paralizyed (same effect as frozen) for 2 turns
    Can attack 2 targets when attack a hero Poison it
    Card cost:6/7
    Card type: rogue weapon
    Damage: +1
    Useage: 4 (attacking twice in one turn only takes one use)

Card name: smoke bomb vanish
    Card ability: when rogue hero is attacked the attack is stopped and
    the hero is hidden till the start of your next turn.
    Card cost: 2/3
    Card type: rogue trap
    Damage:n/a
    Usage:n/a

Card name: rogue training camp
    Card ability: Ongoing increase the attack and health of all allies by 2
    Cost 1 give target ally ambush
    Card cost: 4/5
    Card type: rogue item/ability

Card name: throwing knife to the spine
    Card ability: paralize up to 2 allies (for two turns)
    Card cost: 3
    Card type: rogue ability

Card name: rogues special rope techniques
    Card ability: ongoing :select an ally that ally can no longer attack or defend
    Card cost: 2

Card name: helping hand
    Card ability: ongoing: increase the health of one card by 1 for each ally in play
    At the time this card was played max 5.
    Card cost: 4
    Card type: neutral ability

Card name: .... ... Rogue the aim master (lol make names up if u want)
    Card ability: 3 select a target this card inflicts 3 damage
    Card type: human ally
    Card attack: 2
    Card health: 5

Tell me what u think more ideas coming just very late for me at mo lol!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    More cards Added!

Card name: Needle rain
    Card ability: chose up to four targets and inflict 4 damage to them.
    Card cost: 3 (resources) and 3 shadow points
    Card type: Rogue ability
    Card attack: -
    Card health: -
    (this is a random idea but meh thought i would try it)

Card name: Whirlflux quick gaurd
    Card ability: protector allies without protector cannot be attacked
    Card cost: 5/6
    Card attack: 0
    Card health: 7

Card name: jax the thief
    Card ability: cost 1 shadowpt: base allies attack is 0
    Card cost: 3
    Card attack: 2
    Card health: 2

Card name: pick up!
    Card ability: select target item/ hero armour from deck or graveyard and
    Equip it to hero
    Card type: neutral ability
    Card cost: 6/7

Card name: Shadows within magic
    Card ability: all allies can not be targeted by effects or Mage spells for 2 turns
    Card type: rogue abillity
    Card cost: cost 4

Card name: toxic spikes
    Card ability: for 2 turns when a freindly ally is selected for an attack
    The attacking ally is poisoned.

Lol gotta go add more later for more types aswell
    Last edited by Silkkage; 09-16-2011 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Adding more

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Not sure how I feel about the double daggers. The effect is very complicated, and it doesn't really make sense for them to deal a status effect when they can already be stacked with Sorcerous Poison for 2.

Smoke Bomb vanish seems pretty good, if it only protects the hero then I would make it cost 2 (compare with Hunter Into the Forest; cost 1 but takes effect immediately rather than on trigger). Probably not worth calling a trap because it would be Rogues only trap.

Training Camp is too cheap; it gives more ally benefits and is much harder to destroy than The King's Pride Armor. I would lose the grant ambush because that can already be done with Assassin Training, and bump the cost to 6/7.

Throwing Knives to Spine is too cheap; it's a Mage Freeze on two for the price of one. Cost should be at least 4 (since cards theoretically get exponentially better as the cost goes up).

Rope Technique reads the same as Wulven Captured Prey, but is cheaper. Possibly underpriced (Warrior Crippling Blow achieves the same thing for 2, but doesn't prevent abilities like Captured Prey does. Pricing would depend on whether Rope Technique is also supposed to prevent abilities).

Helping Hand is overpriced; it might not grant 5 health, while Elemental Life Infusion always grants 5 and costs 2. Since Class cards are supposed to be better than Faction or Neutral, 3 seems like a good cost.

The ally seems roughly balanced, especially with Plasma B.
    Congratulations to Preybird for designing my Avatar!

In Game Handle: Warr Byrd

Contributions to the Game:
    Flavor text for Wild Berserker: The odds are always in my favor
    PFG3: To Be Released Soon™

Tournament Wins: None, I'm Timmy Johnny not Spike!

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The double dagger can select two targets, if it selects an ally it paralizies them for 2 turns (like frozen)
    when hitting hero it poison's them. its not that complex?!?

hahahaha thanks warr bryd, Sorry i was doing this at 4 ocloock in the mouring was very Tired,
    Hunter's have there personal traps so i thought rogues should and the hunter's one is called hunters trap
    agreed with the rougues training camp unless the effect costs 7 and gives stealth because?!?

Rogues have no Status ability cards mages have freeze fire and poison, were as rogues have poison only and they have to equip a weapon first its
    annoying so, the paralize thing i thought would be useful and good?

Yeah agreed then so would be up to the game people if they want it or not.

and agreed with the helping hand

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Part of the issue here is that the developers have stated (and most the higher ranked players agree) that not all classes should have access to all abilities. So not all classes would have access to status effects, only Hunters would have Traps, etc. I agree that Rogues should have status effects beyond Sorcerous Poison, but not to the extent of being a mage clone.

Each of the effects of the double dagger by itself is good; hitting two targets, paralyzing, poisoning heroes. Two of the effects is extremely powerful and fairly complex (the only other card currently with two effects is Death Mage Thaddeus). All three is extremely complex and be extremely difficult to program. I would personally remove the poison effect because Rogues already have Sorcerous Poison.

With the Training Camp, there really wouldn't be a way to remove it anymore. Shriek and Misplaced will only target cards cost <5, Acid Je and Poor Quality only work on Weapons/Armor. The only option would be Ter Adun's ability. Unless the developers are planning more item destruction, then balanced would probably be Cost 4, Allies get +1/+1, with maybe an active ability to grant Stealth or Ambush.

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Oh right yeah that makes sense I didn't know that, that's alittle bit annoying
    But also I suspose means u have to develop stratigiesfor each card type then,
    I have posted more card ideas but meh se what u think I posted before I read your comment

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Needle Rain: Don't think cards that take SE to cast would work to well, especially after the hero changes. Possibly: Cost 4 Ability 4(resources or SE): Deal 4 damage to 4 targets, although that seems a bit OP.

Whirlflux Quick Guard: At 0 attack, could be lowered to Cost 4, but probably still wouldn't see a lot of play.

Jax the Thief: Weaker Marshland. Most players would probably prefer to go Jasmine or Aldon on t3 and then play Marshland on t4 or Raven on t5, although it would probably still see a fair amount of use.

Pick Up: Too many options there. Given the flavor, I'd restrict it to the graveyard and not allow from deck play. Probably cost 7 since Armor recast could be powerful depending on the future Rogue Armors.

Shadows Within Magic: Could probably be knocked down to cost 3, since there are cost 4 that make mass non-target.

Toxic Spikes: Knock down to cost 3, most allies wouldn't get to use the effect more than once or twice, if at all. Should also probably be reworded: Target friendly ally. When ally defends, deal poison damage.

The second batch seems more balanced than the first.