Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Poison Arrow and Flaming Arrow

These cards basically do the exact same thing. Any reason for this? I'm hoping that one can be changed so that it will allow the targeting of a hero instead of just an ally (maybe change the casting cost and reduce the damage to 1 to compensate for this)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    They have different names in order to stack i think.
    "When I get sad I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead. True story!"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A1: Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Cards not stacking is a reason (meaning you can't put two Flaming Arrows on a single target, for example), though I'm not sure it's enough reason to have two cards with the same effect. I believe there was some talk about maybe changing one of them?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah, that's what I'm hoping for. A Hunter deck has too few abilities for direct damage towards an opponent's hero. That is why I'm suggesting if they can change one of these two.

On the other hand, with the weapons and armor coming out in about a week, I'm curious to see how that would affect the game play.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah, with how important board advantage and combat works in SE, these two cards don't seem good at all. Depending on how the bows pan out, Victor could get pretty badass so maybe these two cards might not even need to change just to balance out Victor. But yeah, it would be nice if these were changed and made more useful.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I wonder if they'd be overpowered if they were switched to cost 2. As it stands, for 3 resources, I can summon a pretty damn good ally, destroy an enemy resource, cast Bloodlust, or, later in the game, activate a Behemoth. There are very few times when I find it useful to use these cards, although the most poignant would be when your opponent has Portal up and you need way to alleviate the board advantage.

The cards that are really worthless are the traps, and I have no idea how to make those better. Death Trap has a few rare moments when it's helpful (and it's hilarious using it to kill Aeon Stormcaller), but it's not worth the risk of it going against some scrubby ally.