Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Question not on the android market plus direct downloads from shadowera site dont work

My phone is a samsung galaxy i5700,
    im presuming the phone is too crap for such an awesome application? lol

i tried both the direct downloads, and when it finishes downloading my phone asks if i wish to run them, i say yes, then it tells me that there isnt enough room on my phone to run the app, even tho its already downloaded, even after i deleted most other things from my phone, it still doesnt work.

Also, if i dont ask it to run straight after download, then it saves into 'my files' and doesnt act like an application. when i try and open/run it from there it tells me that there is no application that will run the program.

am i doing something wrong or is my phone not a smart phone but a retard phone?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What file explorer app are you using to try to run the .apk once you've downloaded it?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    How much internal memory (in the phone, not in the SD) you have?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Minimum requirement is Android v2.1(AKA Eclair). If you're using Android v1.5(AKA Donut) then you will need to update, which apparently your phone can.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaDucky View Post
    What file explorer app are you using to try to run the .apk once you've downloaded it?
    im just simply click 'my files' app. which im not entirely sure should be an 'app' but yeah, the standard one.

Quote Originally Posted by B0HATER View Post
    How much internal memory (in the phone, not in the SD) you have?
    45.26 MB available on internal phone storage

Quote Originally Posted by AnAdolt View Post
    Minimum requirement is Android v2.1(AKA Eclair). If you're using Android v1.5(AKA Donut) then you will need to update, which apparently your phone can.
    i just checked and im on firmware version 2.1-update 1 .... im not exactly sure what that means, but ive never updated it, as i dont know how to do so. My phone doesnt do anything when i click on it either, so its not something i can do anything with, if that makes sense? lol

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Oh! Did you allow external programs to be installed? This could be the problem. Check under Settings -> Applications -> Unknown Sources. "Unknown Sources" must be checked to allow apps that aren't from the Android Market to be installed.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaDucky View Post
    Oh! Did you allow external programs to be installed? This could be the problem. Check under Settings -> Applications -> Unknown Sources. "Unknown Sources" must be checked to allow apps that aren't from the Android Market to be installed.
    I got a little excited then as i thought you had solved the puzzle, but unfortunately the option was already selected. nooooo

Im starting to think i will never get shadow era on my phone lol

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Dammit, I thought I had it figure out too, lol. I don't know what else to tell you, man. I honestly don't even know what it means that your phone is telling you there's no application that knows how to open a .apk. In all my Android experience, you just click them and they install. Did you try both versions of the Shadow Era .apk? There's one specifically for older chipsets, which your phone probably qualifies for. If you already tried that...then I'm out of ideas

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have a similar problem. I can't install v1.277. I'm supposed to have enough internal memory, and my android firmware is v2.4 or 2.5, I'm not sure, but far away from minimum requirements, and still doesn't install after downloading it. At least I can play V1.264 and I guess you probably can do the same, if you want. You can click in my thread, where AnAdolt has linked it.
    I have an Archos 43, and you a samsung galaxy. Different hardwares. We both can't download the game from the android market. We both are able to download it, but not able to install it. Different firmwares, but both better than the minimum.
    Is anybody in this forum able to install it with these hardwares? Anybody else can't download the game from tha android market, but was able to install it?
    Let's try to find out where's the problem...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just so you know, your phone's firmware may have a different version number, but the actual version of Android can't be higher than 2.3 (2.4 and 2.5 are version numbers that don't exist). The Archos 43 runs Android 2.2 by default, which I suspect you are using still (which is still better than minimum, so it should work). This is a really weird issue.