Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yes, you're right.
    My Archos 43 has firmware version 2.4.19 (Android 2.2.1) (Is weird, Archos 43 is not a phone, just an internet tablet)
    I'm gonna confirm how much internal memory I have...583Mb, so enough.
    I don't know, I suppose that whatever is happening, has something to do with being not able to download directly from android market. I guess that all the others can download it from there, right?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah, it shows up in the Market for most people. Not sure why you guys don't see it

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaDucky View Post
    Dammit, I thought I had it figure out too, lol. I don't know what else to tell you, man. I honestly don't even know what it means that your phone is telling you there's no application that knows how to open a .apk. In all my Android experience, you just click them and they install. Did you try both versions of the Shadow Era .apk? There's one specifically for older chipsets, which your phone probably qualifies for. If you already tried that...then I'm out of ideas

indeed i tried both of the versions available, several times actually lol.
    well even though you may be out of ideas i thank you for trying to help all the same it is much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by loclien View Post
    I have a similar problem. I can't install v1.277. I'm supposed to have enough internal memory, and my android firmware is v2.4 or 2.5, I'm not sure, but far away from minimum requirements, and still doesn't install after downloading it. At least I can play V1.264 and I guess you probably can do the same, if you want. You can click in my thread, where AnAdolt has linked it.
    I have an Archos 43, and you a samsung galaxy. Different hardwares. We both can't download the game from the android market. We both are able to download it, but not able to install it. Different firmwares, but both better than the minimum.
    Is anybody in this forum able to install it with these hardwares? Anybody else can't download the game from tha android market, but was able to install it?
    Let's try to find out where's the problem...
    i havent been able to install or play any version of shadow era on my phone. its like my phone fails to acknowledge its existance. lol

There probably are more people than us that have similar problems though. its probably a very simple problem that will take a very long time to realise its staring us in the face :P

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaDucky View Post
    Yeah, it shows up in the Market for most people. Not sure why you guys don't see it
    yeah its rather strange, (im presuming its the same for others) but i search for it, and it simply doesnt appear.
    ive searched the site through the pc tho, and that does show it. So it must be a problem with the phone somewhere down the line

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I also have problems with shadow era... dont have it in android market (HTC Hero)/
    Tried to install from direct links from this site, version arm7 hangs on installation proccedure with "application was not installed", version arm6 installs correctly, but when i try to play it switches screen alignment to horisontal and just closes application w\o error... pls help)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If you consistently get an installation or update unsuccessful message, this may be a particular known Android issue. Try unmounting your SD card by going into "Settings". Scroll down and tap on "SD card & phone storage", then "Unmount SD card". After Shadow Era is installed or updated successfully, you can mount your SD card again.

Try that with the ARMv7 package but I believe your HTC Hero runs on the ARMv6 instruction set though. For both packages, make sure you have at least 50MB of free space on your phone or SD card, depending on where you installed it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    80 mb space free on local storage.
    dismounting does not help... i tried to install from htc sync (before i've used ES explorer and installation from SD card), the same installation error on arm7 and closing application on arm6.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I believe the HTC Hero should be able to run Shadow Era. It has similar hardware specs to a 2nd generation iPod Touch. Upon re-reviewing the specs though, I noticed it can come with Android v1.5 so if you're on this, you will need to update to v2.1 in order to run Shadow Era.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    2.1-update1 version curent...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hmm, I got nothing at this point. I guess you could try resetting the phone to see if that helps but that can be a painful process.