Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Still no 40-card minimum?

I was excited to see the new update just now... Until I got in and saw that deck size has still not been increased to a 40-card minimum. I'm gone again until the next update. Kyle, you're really dropping the ball here. No drama intended; just honest customer feedback.
    Purveyor of Probability - Team A1 - How the rating system works and why high ratings act strangely
    I now play only unrated matches in the Shadow Era 40 Card Ladder at shadowera dot gondorian dot com slash ladder40
    If my IRC nick says shannong|L40 that means I'm open for a Ladder40 challenge. I'll take all comers no matter where you are on the ladder

Worlds Runner Up
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I understand you mate. Hope this should be implemented in 1.28.

They narrowed the GAP of player matching to +-50 over 200, and I see more than 50% 200+ players are plying deck size >=40. So you can expect some high quality games on quick game.
    The Hidden Dragon of A1 alliance - Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ☆彡

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    The Hero changes are still planned for 1.28 and will be on the test server soon.
    We will start to phase in 40 card decks in 1.28. The first step is of course bigger class/starter decks, then having multiplayer games require 40 cards, then AI matches as well. This might be phased in over several versions to give people time to update their decks.
    Mail cost will probably be reduced to 1-5g, but it's there to prevent spamming.
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah I think I find more players playing 40 card decks than 30 card decks. I would say that in the majority of my quick matches, only 10% are actually 30 cards, 40% somewhere between 31 - 39 and 50% around 40+.

I don't mind getting matched up against 30 card decks every once in a while as I can test how good my deck is. It's like playing with a handicap.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well, I was tempted to just insta-quit any quick match where the opponent has less than 40-cards, but I see that even if you quit as soon as you see their deck size, before making any moves, it still counts as a loss and you lose rating. So ya, I'll see you guys when 40-card minimum is implemented. Ciao!
    Purveyor of Probability - Team A1 - How the rating system works and why high ratings act strangely
    I now play only unrated matches in the Shadow Era 40 Card Ladder at shadowera dot gondorian dot com slash ladder40
    If my IRC nick says shannong|L40 that means I'm open for a Ladder40 challenge. I'll take all comers no matter where you are on the ladder

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I play 40 cards now just to start tuninig my deck(s) for the upcoming changes. I don't mind facing 30 card decks though because it gets you practice in dealing with 40 card decks that get optimum draws.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    All the starter decks are 30 cards that needs to be fixed befor they can make a 40 cards minimum same with many of the AI decks

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    They are changing it in 1.28 as 40-card minimum for PvP, but AI can still be less. AnAdolt said so in another thread that I can't find right now.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think you're referring to this thread
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....-than-later...