Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Over Powered Cards Rant!!

I like this game and I have tried to bite my tongue. But the only way to win in this $!*% game is to be cheap. 4 portals, 4 tidal waves, 4 supernovas, 4 Soul Seekers, 4 kings pride!!!! some of these cards should be limited to 2 in my opinion. Has anybody else experienced any cards that you feel are being abused? Any solutions on how to fix this problem? And flame all you want, I am know I'm not that great of a player, put having to deal with the same OP cards again and again in a match is frustrating

Thanks

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Of the cards you mentioned only one (soul seeker) is usually played as a 4 of in 30 card decks. If you made different cards have different limits in decks, it could get extremely frustrating. On the bright side, the game is being rebalanced so we should soon have all new over powered cards to complain about! :-D
    Last edited by theberkin8or; 09-04-2011 at 11:34 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't see overpowered cards there. Except maybe the kings pride if you don't have any item destruction.
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    None of the cards are over powered in my opinion O_o
    Must insert something witty here

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    tidal wave, supernova and soul seeker are farly powerful

althought Energy Discharge is the most powerful board wipe in the game.

soul seeker is only powerful because gwen gets the + 2 damage with it. Really it is gwen that is OP not that card.

As for Knight Pride the card is powerful but it is also a 7 to cast. Noone smart would run 4 of this card in there deck.
    Last edited by PoisonTea; 09-04-2011 at 11:52 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Lol totally wrong list here. None of these are even close to being overpowered.

Try retreat as one of the most powerful cards in the game. Or blood frenzy. If you think KP is overpowered you have a lot to learn still
    Resident dealer of Dead Man's hand of A1: Evolution in Theory

Check out www.a1-alliance.org to find out all about us, and Ask A1! Also now out, Project Omega, a full shadowera Wiki + exclusive strategy guides!

Click for my Beginners Guide to Shadow Era Heroes

Siege on A1 - the toughest challenge yet. Have you got what it takes? Over 17,000 crystals up for grabs!

Recent accolades:
    TJ Gauntlet Finalist!
    PFG Tournament Winner
    PFG 1 & 2 member
    Crown 14 RU
    Guild Wars #1 winners

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Boris tells me that Jericho card is pretty OP

But on a more serious note, I do believe tidal wave is OP.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Tidal wave kills both sides of allies, costs 5, and is often a full players turn... not Op. Gwen is being changed thus making SS not OP. KP costs 7....not OP and item destruction will make it so that they got only one use out of it or none at all. Supernova, cant be used at 5 health unless looking to suicide and doesnt clear off every ally...not OP. Energy Discharge takes out 5 of your own hp, you sac a weenie and kill all of your opponents allies...still not really that OP. Portal....most noobs will only get 2 uses out of it because they play it on T4 which would not be the ideal turn to play it, it can be destroyed by ID, and only one hero really uses it effectively...not OP. Blood Frenzy... the 1 dmg stacks up, no one seems to ever think oh well over the course of the game he might have lost like 8 hp just from BF, which is a significant amount of hp to lose....not OP. Retreat....it doesnt kill allies it stalls their grand arrival for another turn or sometimes more if a better card comes along, it is often misused by players of all skill levels, and half the heroes have access to it...not Op.

Anything else? All the cards are fine at this point, the card developers have done a great job of balancing out the game thus far. These Op rants and nerf X card down threads and posts wont get any significant attention from the developers.
    Gamer Mind: Carbon_911

Go for the throat...show no mercy..

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just like Super Nova, Energy Discharge and any other board wipe I'm forgetting to mention has some kind of draw back other then losing that turn casting it.

Super Nova in a weird way I believe is very balance despite both hero's losing 5 health
    Energy Discharge cost one ally and damages the hero 5 health (Again balanced in my eyes again.
    Now In my world I would have tidal Wave remove 1 resource (Just my thoughts, nothing more and nothing less.)

Nothing stops someone from casting tidal wave back to back (to back to back? haha)
    Last edited by Uknowho; 09-04-2011 at 03:32 PM.

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Life is hard, but are you going to stop living?

C'mon.

There are only 2 things to do if you feel certain cards are OP.

1. Build decks that can deal with these 'OP' cards. (Or better still, IMO, LEARN how to deal with them from a strategy pt of view)
    2. Build a deck that uses these 'OP' cards.

There. wonderful ideas. I like the second one better.