Close

View Poll Results: What is your favorite device to play Shadow Era?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • PC computer

10 22.22%
  • Apple computer

8 17.78%
  • iPhone (or iPad)

19 42.22%
  • Android

8 17.78%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by N3rd4Christ View Post
    I work for a US cell phone carrier and can tell you that most android users (that call in) never know what they are doing.
    You realize that's probably because the tech-savvy Android users aren't going to call you, they're going to look up the answer on xda because they've rooted their phones and are running custom roms in the first place, right? xD

Honestly, I agree with Occam. In general, all the non-techie people I know have/want iPhones because they are popular and stylish. iDevices are what the non-techie people want; Android is the geek phone.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thats such crap. Android is what people SAY they want when they cant buy an idevice due to price, and try to make themselves feel better with an inferior product. Its like people who say "Im happy with this Porsche, why would I want to buy a Lamborghini? They are ugly and anyway and chicks don't get turned on by them."

Reality check: Chicks sleep with you if you own a Lamborghini. VERIFIED FACT
    Grand Watchman of the Ancient Blue Citadel
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

Don't just witness the greatness;
    Stride with us.

To join the demonstrably greatest guild in the history of Shadow Era - click here

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Padawan Pete View Post
    VERIFIED FACT
    Lol! You just made my day!

Ontopic: I don't know. Here in Belgium it's a mix. I have to say though, the iDevice users I know, know what they are doing.
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Regarding the iOS vs Android debate, the same goes here in European shores, you get the iPhone to be "stylish" and the android to be "geeky". That's just the stereotype that's plagued the whole mobile market for years. But really, I think that's a shallow way to look at it. They can both be stylish and geeky, it's just a matter of preference.

An iOS device is so locked down, making it almost idiot-proof for non-tech savvy users. They just open up the device, download and use apps, not having to worry about having to root your phone or do something else to it for added functionality. They use iTunes to add/remove media.

On the other hand, for advanced users who want to add that certain functionality, it's a big hassle, add the fact that you are most certainly tied to iTunes (you can't even drag and drop songs or movies without it) and the app store under normal circumstances unless you go the extra mile to jailbreak.

I think they both have their potentials, especially android which is now blooming with more and more apps. The problem still lies on fragmentation. Android has way too many devices.

I am a software developer by profession and I know how frustrating it is when your program fails on a certain platform/very specific machine because it doesn't have the standard specifications as the majority of the other users have.

The same goes for android, a lot of phones to support while on iOS, you just have basically two. Easier to develop and support, the reason a lot of apps are still not on android. To most developers, especially those who do not have a lot of funding, cringe at the thought they have to tweak certain options for a particular device or two --- and potentially even more tweaks for other devices in the future releases.

However much I'd like to switch, I'd still pick iOS devices until android settles its fragmentation issues and finally put a standard in terms of hardware specifications to be highly optimized as iOS devices are.

Also, if all my apps were currently in the android app store, I'd switch too (well, have them both, really ) Again, not saying one is better than the other, I just "prefer" iOS right now because of the apps, even if an android device had supreme specs, it's pretty useless to me if I can't have my apps on it or equivalent that's better or at least at par with the original app.

@iClipse
    off topic: Hey! We're on the same map. It's just weird here how the iPhone is way too expensive, I could buy and iPad+normal smartphone for the same price.
    Last edited by Orenjer; 09-15-2011 at 08:41 AM.

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    When I started playing on a Tablet (ipad), I never went back to my iphone.

The experience is super on the ipad. Large screen, easy touch, great res.

When I am playing for competition, I am on the software version, running on broadband.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    315 views and 30 voted? . . . . . . . . . . wow.
    Occam's Razor [def]:

A scientific and philosophic rule that entities should not be multiplied unnecessarily
    which is interpreted as requiring that the simplest of competing theories be preferred to the more complex
    or that explanations of unknown phenomena besought first in terms of known quantities.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Occam's razor View Post
    315 views and 30 voted? . . . . . . . . . . wow.
    How many of those views are you coming back to check the poll?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaDucky View Post
    How many of those views are you coming back to check the poll?
    Now i understand why Raphael Majere's thread in warrior strategy forum have so much viewers...
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    You mean you all didn't know? When your own thread gets 2000 views, you'll get 500 crystals.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    At Home i play on my Macbook, when i m on the road i use the Galaxy S
    ingame: Endzeitstimmung

Playing:

1.27 Logan Weapon X
    1.27 Zaladar Mega Rush