Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Several Noobie Questions.

Hi, I'm brand spanking new to the game, just started two(?) days ago.
    I've already fallen in love with my current Gravebone deck and had a few questions in order to make it better for PvP

Here's my current deck build:
    Deathbone x1
    Keldor x1 (Thinking about picking up one more)
    Infernal Gargoyle x2
    Brutalis x2
    Plasma Behemoth x1
    Fire Snake x2 (Thinking about picking up two more for rush's sake)
    Belladonna x3
    Medusil x1

Fireball x4
    Freeze x2
    Poison Gas x3
    Lightning Strike x2
    Engulfing Flames x3
    Research x2
    Portal x1
    Arcane Burst x2
    Clinging Webs x4

Here Be Monsters x1
    Shadowspawn x2
    Shriek of Vengeance x2
    Rain Delay x4
    Extra Sharp x4
    Bazaar x2
    Violet Thunderstorm x1

1) Is Plasma Behemoth a good alternative to Fireball? When ever I play my single Behemoth I think to myself "Sweet, I now have a continuous Fireball", due to his special ability, since it has the same cost and damage as Fireball, I figure that if I keep him alive, I don't need to worry about when I'll get my next Fireball. So I guess my main question would be, should I stack to four Behemoths and maybe take one or two of my four Fireballs out?

2) Is there any point to keep the amount of cards in my deck low? I don't have much experience in TCG's, but my first thought of deck size is "The bigger the better", but most decks I see are at or close to the minimum.

3) Any 'Omfg leet hax0r' cards I'm missing? There are a few cards I've been eyeing in the shop such as Shadow Knight, Death Mage Thaddeus, Bloodlust, and Wrath of Summer. But I feel like once I get one of each of those, I'm done getting cards.

4) This kind of ties in to question 3; I play mainly on the Iphone/Ipad, but every now and then I play on the computer. I noticed two things. 1, They run on different versions, and 2, I can't see every card on my Iphone that I see on my computer, in the store. I assume this is due to the two different versions. Is this true?

5a) Is Gravebone the best choice for Shadow Mages? I feel as if asking this is redundant, since I have almost an endless supply of allies compared to an etra card every two turns.
    5b) Is Gravebone the better compared to Nishaven? Nish is the mage I started out with, and I utterly loved being able to reset the battle field when I'm in trouble, but there was just too much about Gravebone that appealed to me.

6) And for the final question- Are there any plans on making Shadow Era into a published (Not really sure if that's the right word for this case) TCG? =D

Thanks for reading, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Good god man.

I can't even edit your deck to be viable for pvp.

Now, I'm not going to say you're stupid or anything, you're asking for help, so I will help: Look up killtrend's gravebella thread.

Gravebone's greatest strength is in being able to recurse allies. Think about that.
    Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm not a Gravebone expert so take my advice with a grain of salt.

1) Plasma Behemoth (PB) is great when you can keep him alive. Whether you add more of him or stick with the 4 fireball is up to your playing style. There are builds in the strategy section that could help you make a decision on this matter.

2) In the case of TCG's in general, "bigger is not better" in most cases. Keeping your card count lower will give you a better chance of getting the cards that you need when you need them.

3) I've found Shadow Knight to be an awesome ally to have in a Gravebone deck since it's got a great flow with his ability and enhances the recursion of allies even further. I don't think I've ever seen Wrath of Summer on a Gravebone deck so I don't know how effective that would be for him. You'd probably eat up your SE which you could better use to revive your allies.

4) The IOS version hasn't been released yet so you won't be able to see the new cards that would be available in all other platforms.

5a) I still think that Majiya is the better Shadow Mage since she can usually go through her deck a lot faster than you can revive your allies. And by the time she had gotten through her deck, you'd be dead from all the direct damage spells she's hurled your way.

5b) I think Gravebone is better than Nishaven in general but that really depends on the player behind the hero.

6) Yes. There is a thread somewhere here talking about Wulven Studios coming up with the physical cards.

As for your deck, I think you can improve it by making it more focused. Decide if you're going to be ally heavy or direct damage dependent or will you be delaying/stalling often, etc. I suggest you look through the different strategies and decks that have already been posted for Gravebone so you can get a better idea on what an effective build is like. I would recommend KillTrend's GraveBella deck which he modified for 1.27 as a good starting point.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by danae View Post
    I'm not a Gravebone expert so take my advice with a grain of salt.

1) Plasma Behemoth (PB) is great when you can keep him alive. Whether you add more of him or stick with the 4 fireball is up to your playing style. There are builds in the strategy section that could help you make a decision on this matter.

2) In the case of TCG's in general, "bigger is not better" in most cases. Keeping your card count lower will give you a better chance of getting the cards that you need when you need them.

3) I've found Shadow Knight to be an awesome ally to have in a Gravebone deck since it's got a great flow with his ability and enhances the recursion of allies even further. I don't think I've ever seen Wrath of Summer on a Gravebone deck so I don't know how effective that would be for him. You'd probably eat up your SE which you could better use to revive your allies.

4) The IOS version hasn't been released yet so you won't be able to see the new cards that would be available in all other platforms.

5a) I still think that Majiya is the better Shadow Mage since she can usually go through her deck a lot faster than you can revive your allies. And by the time she had gotten through her deck, you'd be dead from all the direct damage spells she's hurled your way.

5b) I think Gravebone is better than Nishaven in general but that really depends on the player behind the hero.

6) Yes. There is a thread somewhere here talking about Wulven Studios coming up with the physical cards.

As for your deck, I think you can improve it by making it more focused. Decide if you're going to be ally heavy or direct damage dependent or will you be delaying/stalling often, etc. I suggest you look through the different strategies and decks that have already been posted for Gravebone so you can get a better idea on what an effective build is like. I would recommend KillTrend's GraveBella deck which he modified for 1.27 as a good starting point.
    How dare you give him helpful advice!

Make him work, or go all the way and ask why the heck he has clinging webs.
    Signature for rent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Clinging webs is awesome. Terribly OP in my opinion. . Hey I just noticed that you're back in the forums. Couldn't stay away?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Danae's got good advice, listen to him.

I'm also a GB fan and in general I know you just started which is why you have the random assortment of cards you have in your deck. My advice is play the AI some more, get some more gold, and buy the cards you want to make your deck more focused for PvP -- if you go now as-is you'll get your ass handed to you.

Gravebone's strength is his ally recursion, so you'll mainly want to be ally-based. Next, decide if Portal is your playing style or not -- look into Killtrend's Gravebella if so. Do you like weenie-rusah style? Or big bad beat down control style (cards like Plasma Behemoth). If not, I'd suggest going for cool allies that do something when they come into play.

Actually, I'd buy all the cards on the test server and try them out first -- they're free and easy to get all of them (1 gold each card, regardless of the card). That way you can try out different styles w/o blowing all the AI cash you'll earn in the "real" server on cards that you may not like using.

Basically, it's hard to go wrong w/ Gravebone as long as you pick a style, and your deck reflects that you haven't done that yet. Have fun!
    1.25, 1.26, 1.27: 40 card decks, Big Bad Baduruu
    1.28/1.29 - best forgotten except for Elementalis Prime Grindage

1.5 - it's all good Naughty Gwenches
    -
    Players Focus Group 1, Missing In Action member of PFG 2

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks guys! Since I posted the original questions, I've removing several cards from my deck, getting rid of cards that I only have as "Sacrifice fodder". I did see that GraveBella deck a little while ago and really liked it, I was just a little concerned about implementing it since several of the cards arn't 1.26. But I guess I'll just have to suck it up and start playing on the computer *Sigh*. Anywho, thanks again for the help!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by danae View Post
    Clinging webs is awesome. Terribly OP in my opinion. . Hey I just noticed that you're back in the forums. Couldn't stay away?
    Can stay away easily. I just got bored.
    Signature for rent.

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Happy to see you back, GS!

The rest of the trolls are not as funny as you.

@Kyillo

Don't worry. 1.27 will hit the app store very soon.

My suggestions for Gravebone.

30 - 35 card deck.

4 portals
    4 Shadow knights
    4 Bella
    4 Garg

and you can fill in the rest. will be fun.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    And if you can forgive me for blatantly advertising my own work--have a look here, for some insight into SE strategy and deck building.
    proud former member of A1 Alliance
    overview of all
    my strategy articles