Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Fastest top tier deck to build

Hello forum.
    After playing shadow era for a while, i came up with a good way to build a strong deck that wins fast.

So whats the strongest cheapest tactic to win online matches and build a deck with won gold fast. FAST
    And how do you built a tier 1 deck in no time.

1st and best option: buy shadow crystals and built the deck you want (there are a zillion threads that suggest strong decks - but they are not cheap)

OR follow these steps (stricktly - dont buy anything extra cz u need the gold):
    1- start with a Eladwen or Nishaven deck (i think eladwen is the easiest to play and win with against AI - but thats a personal preference). Pick a creative name please and avoid numbers (i hate names with numbers)
    2- buy two lightning strikes
    3- Add the lightning strikes to your deck, remove 2 rain delay and 1 campfire stories. [Rule #1: keep card count at 30]

now you have a deck that can win AI easily.

This early you should rely on engulfing flames and poison gas to win AI. In the process you will learn to play allies in combination with cards to help gain board control (eladwen's ability helps). You allies are weak, some cards are virtually useless. but hang in there.

4- Win some AI games till you reach level 5. With the cash earned during gameplay buy yourself 2 novas to win AI more easily. Put them in the deck instead of reinforced armor, and cover of the night.

5- Once level 5. you have 100 crystals and some cash. Go buy a shadow mage deck
    you already have 4 lightning, and 4 fireballs, 2 novas and 2 research (with the new buy). that should be enough to create a strong deck:

x1 majiya
    x4 2brutalis/2fire snake
    x4 2gargoyl/1deathbone/1keldor
    x3 engulfing flames, poison gas, clinging webs
    x1 plasma behemoth
    x4 fireball
    x4 lightning strikes
    x2 nova
    x2 research
    x3 SoV/2freeze
    x2 arcane burst

6- Start playing and winning and buying and selling cards to get the deck below (might need a calculator :P) - i kept the format so that you know what to replace with what cards.
    you want to have a deck with:

x1 majiya
    x4 2 resources allies
    x4 gargoyl
    x3 3 resources allies (mage or medusil)
    x1 or 2, 5 resources allies (plasma or dark night)
    x3 or 4 fireball
    x4 lightning strikes
    x2 or 3 nova
    x2 research
    x3 shriek of vengeance
    x2 snow sapphire (most expensive to buy - u can keep those till last, but ull be weaker against gwen decks)

total cards = 30

this is the fastest tier 1 deck you can build. I reached a rating of 250 with it. now at 240 in 1.27

Let me know if this build helped you.
    Let me know of any questions of how to play it against specific heroes.
    Let me know if you have ideas on how i can improve it.
    Last edited by Spirits; 09-11-2011 at 01:33 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hey there, I'm willing to give this a go. Do you think you can list the deck with the names of the cards? I'll try and build it and see what happens.
    Cheers
    WoobiE

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    This is a good thread. The strategy is fairly well known to existing players, but, as far as i know, no one has been bothered to write it up in such detail to be as helpful to new players as this thread will be. Kudos!

A few corrections/additions for you though:

The player doesn't need to buy Majiya because she comes with the Shadow Mage starter that will be bought with the first 100 earned crystals.

A decent Gravebone can also be made from these cards without too much extra spending.

An allyless Nishaven is also possible if you have maxed out the direct damage cards.

To make this thread really good, you could give the initial deck list you use after buying the Shadow Mage starter and some cards with gold.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If you are particular about the offers, you can get crystals before you play one game. I have done the RealPlayer, Bogo Translator and Whitesmoke Writer offers (though I do not recommend the last because of the broken file/virus problem) and got over 100 crystals from each then uninstall the trial programs after a few days cleaning out the registry (RealPlayer leaves lots of entries). That's over 300 crystals and you have not played a match yet.

I believe a player should buy two starters after the first.
    If you picked Warrior, Hunter or Mage get the Shadow version, double the class cards while giving you more Heroes to play. Priest and Rogue just buy the deck again. If you want to start Wulven or Elemental try getting those crystal offers so you can start from Level 1 with them, a friend tried that choosing Rogue and getting crystals to buy Wulven before playing one game. Then pick Human or Shadow and buy a starter of a different class you are interested in to double the starter cards of that group.
    I started Mage, took Shadow Mage then Shadow Hunter, since then I haven't really needed anything other than individual card purchases and boosters except one time I bought the Elemental deck to sell off most of the cards for gold needed to get some of the new allies. After you get some boosters, you might find yourself getting enough cards to try another class, I had picked up some other Huner cards including Victor's Hero card.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I just signed up with a new account to try this out.

PART ONE

1. Choose Eladwen as starting Hero
    2. Buy 2 Lightning Strike (150 gold each)
    3. Put those two in your deck and remove Cover of Night and Campfire Stories
    4. Sell Cover of Night and Campfire Stories (50 gold total) and buy Supernova (260 gold).
    5. Put Supernova in your deck and remove 2 Rain Delay.
    6. Take on the AI with your 30-card deck.
    7. Focus on killing the allies the opponent plays. Only hit their Hero if there are no allies to hit or hitting an ally will make one of yours die. (There are exceptions to this rule, but it requires thinking ahead and assessing the exact scenario.) Eventually, the Hero will be defenseless and you can hit them with all your allies or direct damage cards.
    8. Win the game and earn 20 gold and level up (25 shadow crystals).

This should be enough to decide whether you like the game enough to spend money. If you're unsure, you can grind against the AI to get to level 5 and earn enough crystals to buy the Shadow Mage deck and try that out and decide. If you get bored of grinding, you can always spend some money to get enough crystals sooner, or just give up.

The minimum time it would take to grind the 20-ish games to level 5, and have 100 crystals to spend, is about 2 hours. Levelling up to 9, for the next 100 crystals will take about 3 hours. For this reason, I am just going to spend 2 dollars to get 200 crystals and save at least 5 hours of my time.

TO BE CONTINUED

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The minimum time it would take to grind the 20-ish games to level 5, and have 100 crystals to spend, is about 2 hours. Levelling up to 9, for the next 100 crystals will take about 3 hours. For this reason, I am just going to spend 2 dollars to get 200 crystals and save at least 5 hours of my time.
    You got the point there.
    But personally i think it is much more honorable to get trogh this game without using money, for me it just feels like cheating .
    Like you said, if I had already know that i really like this game at that stage, i would probably have spend money on it too.

I don't know if you guys know about this, but here comes the way to get a perfect deck (whichever you like) without spending money or 5hours of your life: (this works only using your mac/pc)

For that you need: A prepaid card you do not use anymore
    In the cristal-marchet menu is a button: earn cristalls-> press it--> search for the quis which grands about 500-600 cry and only need you to confirm it via handy.
    - watch out for small prints
    - You will have to enter the mobile phone Nr (after or before the quis, iam not sure)
    - then you'll get a sms with the needed pin--> confirm--> earn cristels--> hello belloved deck =)
    I wished i had found this out before spending 5 hours on the AI thought ;-)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Here's my tip:

Next time you go out to eat, drink water with lemon instead of a coke or coffee. Spend that money to buy two boosters. Save calories. Lose weight. Be happy.
    3.5 "Gravebella Beatdown" || KillTrend's Live Commentary
    A1 Elder
    Ingame Handles: A1 Killtrend

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Killtrend View Post
    Here's my tip:

Next time you go out to eat, drink water with lemon instead of a coke or coffee. Spend that money to buy two boosters. Save calories. Lose weight. Be happy.

+2 to that. On the long run, u can even use the money u spend on CABG to get even more crystals. thats thousands of dollars

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Blakes View Post
    You got the point there.
    But personally i think it is much more honorable to get trogh this game without using money, for me it just feels like cheating .
    And force Kyle to go bankrupt and stop the development of the game.
    "When I get sad I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead. True story!"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A1: Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    the problem with the offers is that they are region dependant. I for 1 have access to very few
    Anyway. this thread is to help new players build a super deck and win some games before they get frustrated.
    AND it is for the poor Majiya players who still use poison gas to remove it from their decks and go for the optimal Majiya deck.
    AND i would also like to see this deck flourish so that experienced players find more less-luck-dependent ways of beating a ridiculously cheap ridiculously strong Majiya deck.