Close

Thread: Nish, 1.27

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Nish, 1.27

Hey guys,

Been a lurker since I discovered this game a week or two ago, and it's taken up quite a bit of my time. Anyways, I learned my fair share of deckbuilding while playing the painfully priced MtG for a few years, but never really excelled at coming up with my own stuff, but here is my Nish deck. Played 22 quick match games and went 16-5-1 (1, the guy left), losing to Majiya three times, Gwen once, and Gravebone once. Majiya is simply too fast and I can't beat her at her own game. 16-5-1 isn't amazing, but I've been trying to work with Zhanna/Jericho since the Priest Archetype seems to have the most potential to me, but I haven't been as successful. Here's the list:

Nishaven

3x Kristoffe
    4x Armored Sandworm
    4x Tainted Oracle
    4x Fireball
    4x Lightning
    4x Freeze
    3x Research
    4x Supernova
    2x Clinging Webs
    4x Retreat
    3x Snow Sapphire

Essentially your main ally is the Sandworm, which survives Nishavens ability as well as Supernova, while killing Oracles, which I pretty much solely use for draw (not a fan of Bad Santa, but haven't tried it in this deck either, possibly may work in replacement of Kristoffe). Freeze/Webs/Retreat is used to hold off opposing allies until Nish's ability is up or Supernova drops. Kristoffe I just kind of threw in there because I wasn't sure what to put in the last 3 spots. He's useful to ping 1 health allies and improves the curve. Don't think this deck is competition worthy, but I wanted to post it because it has given me the most success thus far and I am interested in how others might tweak it. Also, I am only at 180+ rating, but have beaten 200+ folks, one of which was 240+. I feel it has potential for these reasons...let me know what you guys think.

-Skycrane
    Last edited by Skycrane; 09-10-2011 at 05:48 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You're onto a good start! You might want to read here- its a good synopsis of considerations in a Nish deck.

You have the right idea- spell heavy, for DD and board control. Quick suggestion, remove clinging webs, it's not cost effective. Rain delay is helpful to your cause, if you need to delay before nova or Nish's ability. I'd only go with 2-3 novas, you'll never use more than 2 in a game. Kris is nice for early game pest control, I'd put in 4 of him. Also, everyone is going to disagree with me on this one, but I'd consider removing research for bad santa or bazaar, reason here. Basically, if you are going for a slower, control style play, research is fine, but I don't think you have that luxury with Nish, because with all the synergistic low cost allies out there, nova, your ability, and the worms won't be enough to keep the board clean. You need to end the game before it gets to turn 9+, so I'd go with a faster draw engine.

Welcome to the forums!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ive had pretty good luck with this deck... maybe we can work together and tweak the heck out of this deck... let me know what you think.
    What happens when I play with this deck I almost always get the snot kicked out of me for the first 5 rounds and I get dragged down to 15 HP but then its like a snowball and I come on with a fury at the end. It all depends on the shuffle of the cards LOL.

1 Nishaven
    2 Jasmine Rosecult
    2 Raven Wildheart
    2 Aeon Stormcaller
    4 Fireball
    3 Poison Gas
    4 Lightning Strike
    3 Engulfing Flames
    4 Arcane Burst
    4 Special Delivery
    1 Snow Sapphire
    2 Violet Thunderstorm
    Last edited by Jedi; 09-16-2011 at 04:24 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I do want to say this is specifically been tested against moonstalker and darkclaw with a success rate of 85%, I cant be that lucky.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    How do you fair with this deck against Jericho? Especially he can disable your Web and Freeze cards?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I really don't use them, just as sacrifice... I need to fine tune the deck to be more aggressive.
    Against other decks, it fairs ok. A good beginners deck.
    Last edited by Jedi; 09-19-2011 at 07:10 PM.