Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Question New player needs to know how to message in-game

Hi, apologies if this is stated somewhere already and I just didn't see it. I did look for the answer, but all I found was tons of great information about deck building and strategy! Who needs that? Just Kidding

Anyway I was playing a challenge match and saw the other player typing messages to me. I felt dumb because I didn't know how to respond, lol. He / she probably thought I was a jerk and was ignoring them, especially because I was kicking their butt the whole game, lol.

If anyone can tell me how to chat in-game I would be forever grateful!!! And you will have done your good deed for the day

By the way, great game and great community here, I have somehow managed to win my first 5 games against other players, using a Nishaven deck. I'm sure that streak will be ending soon, but it sure is fun right now!! Currently waiting for 1.8 on my iPad, come on Apple!!!!!

Thanks in advance,

Hawk

1.27 Tournament Champion Raphael Majere's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Keyboard, press enter

Ipad/mobile - touch on either of the heroes' avatar.

Edit: if you are a 3rd party spectator u can also chat, do the same. click/enter/touch on avatar

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I was one of the people you played, and I did chat, and indeed you didn't answer, and yeah, indeed you kicked my butt

And indeed I thought and you where ignoring me/beeing a jerk :P

But now I know you aren't
    Member of E2E.

“Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous.”
    “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
    “God did not create evil. Just as darkness is the absence of light, evil is the absence of God.”
    “I want to know God's thoughts - the rest are mere details.”
    “Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.”

- by Albert Einstein

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Welcome to the forums, William Hawk!

Yeah, chat was introduced awhile back but the tutorial is long overdue and there's no mention of how to chat so most players have no idea how to do it. But I must say, if you're waiting for v1.8 from Apple.. well, you'll be waiting a long, long time ^^.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just remember to treat it like a text message... short and to the point.

I played one guy who wouldn't shut up the entire game and I constantly had text all over the playing field (feeding a lot of bad advice no less)... very annoying and I wasn't ashamed to tell him that either. He had the nerve to tell me retreat was a bad card... so I showed him why it wasn't.

I'm sure he thought I was a jerk but whatever. I treat it like a game of chess or tennis. I'd turn it off completely but I really like the comments and gratuities near end game on longer, grueling matches.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    In the near future, players will have the option to selectively mute specific people. That way, you can customize chatting to your liking and avoid people that like the sound of their voice just a tad too much ^^.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Raphael, thank you for the response!

Maldazar, so sorry! I really felt dumb not knowing how to respond, haha! Trust me it's been a lot of luck so far, and just taking what I learn from playing the AI a lot. I'm sure we'll meet on the battlefield again, and I'm sure you'll be returning the butt-kicking,

AnAdolt, yeah Apple is taking forever, I think I meant 1.7 actually.

DCjG, totally agree! I like the quick greeting and sign off, not much else though. I used to play Poxnora when it was new, and I liked the chat in there but never used it more than necessary.

Thanks for making me feel welcome guys! So glad I found the game, I plan to be around for a long time